Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015?
Aug 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 117
@CanadianMaestro Please do so -- always nice to meet people from around the world :)

@interface95 No problem with that. I try to gauge interest in specific items by asking here up front, so if you have an equipment list in your profile (which you have) people may have a look and ask about specific items (e.g. the K400). You may want to coordinate with @ampair who is our resident AKG master, but its also fine to just bring along what you consider interesting / love most / can carry easily. And don't forget to bring some music along as well... to me thats a nice aspect of these meets, talking about music.

@all: Currently October looks fine, at the moment I have 10th, 17th and 24th on offer. Any preferences?

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 117
When do the Christmas markets open in Vienna?

Would be fantastic to have them as a festive backdrop to the Meet.....:)

Just a suggestion.

Prosit

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #20 of 117
@almoskosz sorry, Friday's don't work for me. Oct 26th might be possible as its a national holiday

Well, as I said, for me the best would be anytime in autumn holiday. I will post the exact dates for me as soon as I get to know them. If the date is bad for others, then I can go on other weekends too :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #21 of 117
  And don't forget to bring some music along as well... to me thats a nice aspect of these meets, talking about music.

Will there be WI-FI? I mostly use Tidal streaming. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 117
@Mozartaudio, the wi-fi in the building is for students and co-workers of the TU, but I have an account, which I can share, only I'm not sure if it could be accessed from several devices at a time, so you can count for streaming of course, but to be 100% sure, it's better to have some music with you.

As to the day of the meet, to me October 3rd, 10th or 17th seem to be the best contenders, since the long weekend 24th-26th can be nicely used for a short trip away from the city, but in general I'm fine with any not-working day in October. Let's decide, and I'll reserve the room for it.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #23 of 117
  @Mozartaudio, the wi-fi in the building is for students and co-workers of the TU, but I have an account, which I can share, only I'm not sure if it could be accessed from several devices at a time, so you can count for streaming of course, but to be 100% sure, it's better to have some music with you.

As to the day of the meet, to me October 3rd, 10th or 17th seem to be the best contenders, since the long weekend 24th-26th can be nicely used for a short trip away from the city, but in general I'm fine with any not-working day in October. Let's decide, and I'll reserve the room for it.

All right, It's a weekend then. I'm fine with it. can I somehow get the address though? Or should I sign up for that e-mail list plakat has talked about?

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #24 of 117
@almoskosz, here is the address: Gußhausstrasse 27-29, 1040 Wien. This is one of the buildings of TU Wien, and the meet will take place in one of its numerous seminar rooms. But no worries, there will be leading signs at the entrance.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #27 of 117
Oct 3rd doesn't work for me, I'd propose Oct 17th to narrow that down at last.

Will there be WI-FI? I mostly use Tidal streaming. 

Tidal offers offline support as far as I remember. I'd take the most important titles offline just to be sure... Hope to see you in Vienna soon!

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #28 of 117
Oct 3rd doesn't work for me, I'd propose Oct 17th to narrow that down at last.
Tidal offers offline support as far as I remember. I'd take the most important titles offline just to be sure... Hope to see you in Vienna soon!

17th it is then! Fine with me. :)

Already hyped!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back