Victim of Beats by Dre Hype Machine: Seeking Audio Salvation, please help!!!!
Apr 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #61 of 63

Quote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to stop by and let you know about how things are going with my decision to get the Sennheiser's HD 25-1 II's. In a word, superb! I've been mixing quite a few different styles, and find that it easily handles all music types. People were right about it being very comfortable, and the isolation is insane. Soundstage for me could be a bit wider for trance, but nothing that would have discouraged me from getting them anyways; they still have a "big" sound. Bass is clean and even though it's not as "deep" as some would want it to be, for my purposes (mixing) it actually is an asset. I do a variety of music: Dubstep, Electro, Trance, House, Hardstyle, etc. When I listen to my mixes on my stereo (with big bass), it sounds much better than before. I can easily distinguish where the sounds are coming from, and when. Instrumentation is separated nicely, and the reproduction of sound is very good. I really love these cans, and want to express my thanks to everyone who put in their two cents. It was good to go out and review all the different headphones people suggested. It does come down to what you want them for, and for me, the Hd 25's were the best choice. I am thinking of using them as my carry around phones too, but not sure I want over the ear or in ear for this. Will have to see what else is out there....again! Lol Overall, anyone else who is reading this and is curious about what phones to get, here is why I feel the HD 25-1 II's are a great choice: (1) Fantastic for mixing; it truly gives you the ability to hear the sounds much better, and makes blending a lot easier (2) extremely comfortable (for my head) (3) Unmatched sound reproduction, great separation and very good soundstage. (4) Good middle of the road pricing ($200) with exceptional value. Again, thank you all for enlightening me to the world of headphones. I look forward to educating myself more and one day being able to help other newbies with their selection as you all have done for me. Bless you all. If you want to check out one of my latest Dubstep mixes, go here http://soundcloud.com/djxrs/dubstepping-iii Enjoy....

I'll give it a listen later tonight. Glad you like the 25s, they're a great headphone. I would honestly make them your portable can too. They're pretty much the most durable (along with TMA-1) headphone in the world...They're excellent for haunling around.

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #63 of 63
I am going to go into sound engineering in march since its the only thing that interests me. I was searching for weeks online for headphones that produce authentic sound reproduction, so i almost got the ATH-M50. But than I decided myself for the allen n heath xone XD2-53 since it has a much bigger frequency range than the ATH's so I ordered them, but they took too long to arrive so I ordered the Ultrasone pro 750 thinking that they would be better prices originally at about $400 and cancelled the other order.

The pro 750's have just arrived and they are great, but I am looking to produce Dark Psy / psycore that ranges between 150-240 bpm and at some songs that I listen to, the bass is not as aggressive as is sounds on monitor speakers (if I push the bass up on the VLC player it just doesent sound right), and some songs seem to fast for the cans to catch up! I dont know if it is because I have it pluged in directly to the computer or because the titanium drivers are not worn in yet (ive heared it can take up to 200 hours) or if its just the headphone. (n also i dont think they will be loud enough for the mp3 played cause i already have it all the way up)

I am just not sure anymore if maybe the Xone would have been better than the pro 750

I will be very greatfull for ANY atvice or help,

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back