very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Aug 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #76 of 186

Quote:
A lot of users with high-end end $X,XXX gear have a pair of Fostex T50RP's in their collection.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it when I said Sony ZX700 and ATH-AD700 have the best sound quality under $100.

Also with her being a woman(I'm assuming, OP please correct me if I'm wrong), her head is likely a bit smaller in comparison to a guys.  So, the AD700 would probably not be a good option, as users with smaller than average sized heads have reported having issues with the fit of the AD700 due its lack of user adjustment.  Though, they may still work for the OP, it's something to consider and read up on.

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #81 of 186

Quote:
yup, am female, have smaller cranium than you blokes do. that's why the Superluxes didnt fit right and dug in under my ears, because they were just so huge...

Those that had trouble with the AD700's fit had the same exact complaint, so the AD700 are likely not a good option for ya.  I think another option for ya is AKG's K240 studio, it has faux leather earpads that are reasonably soft along with a mild clamping force.

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #83 of 186

Quote:
you're confident i'll be happy forever with those? lol

Hmmm no. =p

A "happy forever" headphone, now that is a hard one... Sony MDR-V6 or Etymotic ER-4P? Over 20 years in production and still going strong.

But.... if I went to a deserted island with only 1 headphone... wouldn't take one of those, I don't think....... not suuuururrrree.

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #88 of 186
Thanks for the warning. =)

Personally, I only have one high-end headphone, and if I want another one later, I will sell/trade it, that is my cyclic nature of all finances in a single product.

Have to get rid of my "low-end" stuff now.... Fostex T-5 and MDR-V6.

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #90 of 186

Quote:
i'm really enjoying the look of some of the 70s orthos, OEMs mainly... very cool.

Ortho's lover eh? buy the LCD-2's. 
biggrin.gif

jk. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back