VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jul 28, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #1,068 of 3,324
Jul 28, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,069 of 3,324
Jul 28, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #1,075 of 3,324
LMAO...man you guys are keeping this thread busy...

Anyway, burned the Monk in for ten hours overnight (random pile of albums from my recent listening...tons of Jazz, Zimbabwean Chimurenga, and other more prosaic stuff (Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, blah, blah...)). Going to have a go at them in the office today. If the shift between the Beta and Retail Asura is any indicator of where the Beta Mknk went with the retail, this should be a good day for listening for me...

Per Lee's request K am going to use my phone, not just the Pono...

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,076 of 3,324
Saw the Monk at AE and was very tempted to hit the Buy button until I saw the shipping cost to my country which is 3x higher than the $5 price. That's ridiculous. I already have the Blox BE7. Is it worth getting the Monk still? What's in the Monk that's absent in the Blox? In the case of Asura, I rather go straight to Zen if I have the money to buy. The shipping cost makes it much pricier overall. Any thoughts is appreciated.
If you want to use the amplifier, buy Zen, if without the amplifier, buy Asura.

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,080 of 3,324
Retail asura impressions:

This image sums up my impressions of how the asura sounds:

This candy has a milky creamy smooth interior with crunchy nuts. Much like the Asura midrange which is crunchy, yummy and addictive. Much like the ferro rocher, I can't get enough of the Asura midrange. Guitars sound so full and rich and textured, like the aforementioned crispy nuts. I was listening to the new Breaking Benjamin with Asura and I couldn't get over how good the guitars sounded. I have played guitar for many years and to my ears the guitars sound perfect, full and crispy with a bite. Snare drums sound realistic and true to life. Bass is toned down compared to the monk but much improved dynamics can be found in the Asura.

Although the monk is great it in it's own right, Asura is that chocolatey goodness that I can't get enough of. I listen to the earbuds foamless now as it gives me a more balanced presentation. Music sounds full, rich and the sound layering and instrument separation makes everything from, vocal A cappella pieces to rock and even EDM (and everything else in between) sound engaging and enjoyable to listen to for hours on end (zero ear fatigue). The asura is about as 80 - 90 percent as good as the Zen imo and it sounds perfectly good with my phone, without the need for an amp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back