V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Jul 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #722 of 972
^ having owned the Momentum over ear before, me and my wife also agree that the XS is more comfortable and SQ to our preference than the Momentum on ear.
The folded design and small form factor when pack in the case are plus points when use it for travelling or on the go

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #723 of 972
i think its cause the xs is really recent. from what i recall i think you see the m80s being off the list as well, i think  jude and the gang was debating on putting up the xs or not. 

thats all speculations, but the xs will probably be up on the fall/winter guide for sure, don't worry 

I hope that is the case, the xs was supposed to be my next purchase and they still are the favorite. But the momentums are kinda making me think twice. And also the other on ears that made it into the buying guide are now challenging the xs for my next pair of cans. I am not capable of buying both or even all then keep one and return the others so you guys are my only hope.

The major factor for me right now making me lean towards the xs over the momentums is that it could replace my iems so basically portability. And it is a pretty close fight from there. Thanks for the replies by the way! And i appreciate every bit of advice i get.

EDIT:

"P.S. Some products were submitted for consideration for the Guide too close to the deadline for us to have a chance to listen to them in time for this update's launch. We're going to be adding some of those late entries soon, so please check back in to see them."

Wooh. What a relief, just saw this in the introduction and hope that the xs is one of those late entries. Those momentums still making me think though.

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #724 of 972
i think its cause the xs is really recent. from what i recall i think you see the m80s being off the list as well, i think  jude and the gang was debating on putting up the xs or not. 

thats all speculations, but the xs will probably be up on the fall/winter guide for sure, don't worry 

I hope that is the case, the xs was supposed to be my next purchase and they still are the favorite. But the momentums are kinda making me think twice. And also the other on ears that made it into the buying guide are now challenging the xs for my next pair of cans. I am not capable of buying both or even all then keep one and return the others so you guys are my only hope.

The major factor for me right now making me lean towards the xs over the momentums is that it could replace my iems so basically portability. And it is a pretty close fight from there. Thanks for the replies by the way! And i appreciate every bit of advice i get.

EDIT:

"P.S. Some products were submitted for consideration for the Guide too close to the deadline for us to have a chance to listen to them in time for this update's launch. We're going to be adding some of those late entries soon, so please check back in to see them."

Wooh. What a relief, just saw this in the introduction and hope that the xs is one of those late entries. Those momentums still making me think though.
I have a friend who owns the on ear momentum and I am getting the XS once I get my next paycheck. If you'd like to wait, I can tell you the differences.

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #725 of 972
I have a friend who owns the on ear momentum and I am getting the XS once I get my next paycheck. If you'd like to wait, I can tell you the differences.

i will also be uploading my video review on the sennheiser momentum on ears, with a section that which i compared with the xs. i will update this thread when that review is up!

i think both are about on par with each other, in short its really up to your taste. technically both are very capable on ear headphones.

the xs is more smoother sounding with more prominent mids, with a more intimate slightly more precise soundstage.

the MOE is more v shape sounding, more exciting. with a wider soundstage though a bit diffuse

both have a bassy sound signature the moe have more subbass emphasis while the xs is punchier

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #727 of 972
FWIW,

I greatly prefer the XS over both the Momentum On-Ear and Over Ear. For $200, you're getting a heckuva lot of stuff here. The biggest plus is V-Moda did something brilliant about the clamp. The pressure is very evenly distributed and it's likely the most comfortable on-ear I've ever experienced. The foldability, durability and accessories are big pluses as well. Customer service is excellent dealing direct, I got a pair of custom designed shields with zero wait and had the headphones shipped to me in 2 days' time.

Soundstage isn't very airy and sounds compact, but detail is quite good and the overall sound signature is non fatiguing. They're still a bit on the bassy side for me, but I think my opinion might change once I take these on the road and want to hear the beat. I still prefer the HD 598 at this price point for an at-home headphone, but if you're looking for something to use on the go, I can give these a hearty two thumbs up.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #729 of 972
I did not realized that you only got the 1-button cable with the XS. When I had the M80 it had both the 1 button and the 3 button cable. Maybe the ones sold in stores had both? I got the M80 at RadioShack during that crazy clearance sale.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #732 of 972
Ordered my XS today with custom shields.

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #733 of 972
I received my XS today. Having already had and returned the M100 I was familiar with the cool packaging, but was really excited when I received my package again. I will say unless you have Amazon credit there is absolutely no reason to order them from Amazon. I went directly from VModa an received free 2 day priority shipping, no tax, an additional audio cable and additional shields of my choosing. You can also use PayPal through VModa. I didn't have a choice on the color of the audio cable, as far as I could tell, but I ordered a matte black XS and the purple is a dark purple so it works fine. Time to spend quality listening time. These are going up against some really tough competition, my beyer T51p' s. I recently thinned my herd and I didnt realize how thin, so I hope these are a positive addition.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #734 of 972
Got these today. Very nice.

A little less bass than the On-ear momentums. BUT comfort might take a hit. I will have to wait for them to break in. Very stylish & great features, folds up so small and nice case.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #735 of 972
Does the comfort get better overtime? Clamping is a little strong and I wear glasses. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back