V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Dec 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #16 of 972

Surely not. This is head-fi, after all. 
cool.gif
I, for one, am hopeful that it actually improves upon the M80 sound and doesn't simply repackage it in slightly more portable clothing.

agreed i hope val listened to the the public and improved the treble extension and the isolation. 
i'm actually planning on pre-ordering as soon as it come out with gold custom shields

the clique fold hinge is a premium upgrade imo along with the dual input. it was so weird seeing that the m100 could much more compact than the m80s.  i can see myself easily palming the m80.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #17 of 972
Quite honestly I won't be buying one.
I have M100 and LP2, too used to over ear to go back now.

V-Moda are appealing to a consumer (non-audiophile // DJ) market. Non-sound educated people think headphones are worse off, because they are larger.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #18 of 972
Non-sound educated people think headphones are worse off, because they are larger.

I've never heard this sort of supposition before. Have you actually had people tell you the larger a headphone is, the worse it must sound?

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 972

I've never heard this sort of supposition before. Have you actually had people tell you the larger a headphone is, the worse it must sound?

lol... it's common knowledge the larger something is, the worse it performances... 

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
 heh!!!! (...tho some girls may disagree) 
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #20 of 972
Non-sound educated people think headphones are worse off, because they are larger.

lol... it's common knowledge the larger something is, the worse it performances... 

:D :D :wink:  heh!!!! (...tho some girls may disagree) :p

People who know nothing about headphones say 40mm headphones are huge and both crap.
Source; my high school.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #21 of 972
People who know nothing about headphones say 40mm headphones are huge and both crap.
Source; my high school.

hahaha... driver size has no correlation with sound quality for headphones. it does help with produce more low frequencies though.

40mm headphones, i think you're probably referring to the bassy mdr-xb500 that has the driver size in its name. however, 40mm isn't even really that big. the akg k550/hd600/he400 goes to 50mm & sony used to have a 70mm pair of bassmonsters. i think sony is the only company that really advertises their driver size in the name & its for the bass-heavy line-up. really just a marketing trick for people who think larger performs better, but i guess since their headphones aren't the best some people now think larger perform worse.

hilarious!

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #24 of 972

Source; my high school.

hahaha... driver size has no correlation with sound quality for headphones. it does help with produce more low frequencies though.

40mm headphones, i think you're probably referring to the bassy mdr-xb500 that has the driver size in its name. however, 40mm isn't even really that big. the akg k550/hd600/he400 goes to 50mm & sony used to have a 70mm pair of bassmonsters. i think sony is the only company that really advertises their driver size in the name & its for the bass-heavy line-up. really just a marketing trick for people who think larger performs better, but i guess since their headphones aren't the best some people now think larger perform worse.

hilarious!

9mm ftw

M100s are 40-45mm I think.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 972
Too bad they'll still be the most uncomfortable headphones I've ever owned, so I won't be buying them again. It's a shame, because they're damn good portables. I'll stick with the billion times more comfortable PX100ii.

Quote:
Quite honestly I won't be buying one.
I have M100 and LP2, too used to over ear to go back now.

V-Moda are appealing to a consumer (non-audiophile // DJ) market. Non-sound educated people think headphones are worse off, because they are larger.

Circumaural headphones aren't portable as far as I'm concerned. Portable = on ear, IEM or GTFO in my book.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #26 of 972

Too bad they'll still be the most uncomfortable headphones I've ever owned, so I won't be buying them again. It's a shame, because they're damn good portables. I'll stick with the billion times more comfortable PX100ii.

They're comfortable for like an hour max for me. Strangely enough it's only the back of my left ear that hurts.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #27 of 972
When I had them both my ears got very sore and irritated in under 30 minutes, and the headband gave me a very noticeable hotspot.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #28 of 972
because i'm so impatient i decided to hold off on my eventual purchase of the xs ( was gonna pre-order immediately if the opportunity arises) 

because i thought they would probably be about 220-250$ which is a too much for me to justify spending when i already have so many iems at home already.

sad but thanks for opening this thread! i will definitely check in and odds are i will probably buy it maybe in 2015 or something when the price drops a bit and obviously read up on some impressions to see if vmoda did any tweaking in terms of the the sound signature, comfort and isolation

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #29 of 972
  When I had them both my ears got very sore and irritated in under 30 minutes, and the headband gave me a very noticeable hotspot.

ya, i think v-moda in general has to work on the comfort of their headphones. really glad that the m100s got the XL pads, but those pads should be standard for sure.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #30 of 972
  ya, i think v-moda in general has to work on the comfort of their headphones. really glad that the m100s got the XL pads, but those pads should be standard for sure.

is it possible to have comfortable on ears with good isolation?

i can only think of 1 and i think i have stated it earlier and thats the beyerdynamic dt1350 (which i did try)

the senneheiser hd 25 has great isolation but clamps a too hard  (not personal experience mind you)

i have the noontec zoros and their fairly comfortable for on ears (the pads are nice and comfortable) but they don't isolate (but that could be more on the venting on the outside more than the pads) but we'll never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back