V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #256 of 394
Any word on alternate color options?  I want to buy but don't like either of the two themes enough :frowning2:

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #257 of 394
  Any word on alternate color options?  I want to buy but don't like either of the two themes enough :frowning2:

I think those are the only two colors for now. This is where the custom shields come in to play. Here are mine.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #259 of 394
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #260 of 394
Yeah, changing the shield plate helps, but there's no other options for the bands.  I don't like the black-on-black look and don't care for white.  I would settle for something like the m-100 shadow theme (red accent on sides, red stitching, and red V-moda logo).  Basically, contrast like the white version, just not white.  Don't feel like that's too much to ask for :frowning2:

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #261 of 394
  Yeah, changing the shield plate helps, but there's no other options for the bands.  I don't like the black-on-black look and don't care for white.  I would settle for something like the m-100 shadow theme (red accent on sides, red stitching, and red V-moda logo).  Basically, contrast like the white version, just not white.  Don't feel like that's too much to ask for :frowning2:

You could buy the Matte Black XS and the Shadow M-100, open up the ear cups, disconnect the wiring from the drivers, remove the wing plates, remove the yokes and ear cups, swap the XS ear cups and drivers with the M-10 ear cups and drivers, solder the wiring back, reassemble the ear cups, and enjoy your new Shadow/Matte Black hybrid color scheme. Finish it off by installing XS Brushed Metal shields.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #262 of 394
  You could buy the Matte Black XS and the Shadow M-100, open up the ear cups, disconnect the wiring from the drivers, remove the wing plates, remove the yokes and ear cups, swap the XS ear cups and drivers with the M-10 ear cups and drivers, solder the wiring back, reassemble the ear cups, and enjoy your new Shadow/Matte Black hybrid color scheme. Finish it off by installing XS Brushed Metal shields.

Thanks for the laugh :D

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #263 of 394

Just as an update, I ended up going with the white/silver ones.  Although I'm not a white color kinda guy, I have to admit that these are sexy.  I could get used to it.

Initial impression:  Wow.  It totally met my expectations.  The main reasons I got this were portability and prominent midrange.  I was getting tired of vocals being pushed back.  These are freakin fantastic for vocals.  And the few things I was worried about (bass, soundstage, isolation, and comfort) are all no problem.  I love the bass depth and can feel the sub-bass, although it's not huge (I ramped it up slightly on my e07k for that extra bit I want).  The soundstage is significantly better than my IEM's, don't feel like I'm missing a whole bunch from over-ear.  Isolation is much better than I expected from what I heard.  Regarding comfort, no aching ears at work.  And the quality build is so great. The metal and slight heft make it feel so premium.  

In short, no more fatiguing treble from my previous headphones, fantastic sounding and placed vocals, clear/balanced/fun overall sound, quality/premium build, crazy portable.

Great job V-moda!  You have a new fan.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #264 of 394
I'm thinking about buying a Matte black one because I already have a white m-100, but I don't know what color shields to get...any thoughts??
I'm not a big fan of the matte black but I'm planning on using them while working out in the gym and I feel like the white will get messy fast. And that's another question, do you guys think the xs will be good in the gym? or is it one of those bad ideas? Thanks!

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #265 of 394
  I'm thinking about buying a Matte black one because I already have a white m-100, but I don't know what color shields to get...any thoughts??
I'm not a big fan of the matte black but I'm planning on using them while working out in the gym and I feel like the white will get messy fast. And that's another question, do you guys think the xs will be good in the gym? or is it one of those bad ideas? Thanks!

The whole V-MODA line is EXTREMELY gym/sport friendly and the silhouette is perfect so you stand out less.  The white does not get dirty/messy - I run about 6-8 miles minimum (17-30 max) 5 days a week and the product does not wear.  Over time for some users, the pads may need to be replaced, like shoe laces, but that is easy.

All the Crossfade headphones were originally developed to be road warrior, athlete and DJ-friendly to withstand abuse, sweat and jumping around.  It is all the same whether on an elliptical or on-stage at a festival in the heat of summer!  If you can't take the heat... well, we wouldn't know. 

Enjoy!

-V  

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #266 of 394

The whole V-MODA line is EXTREMELY gym/sport friendly and the silhouette is perfect so you stand out less.  The white does not get dirty/messy - I run about 6-8 miles minimum (17-30 max) 5 days a week and the product does not wear.  Over time for some users, the pads may need to be replaced, like shoe laces, but that is easy.

All the Crossfade headphones were originally developed to be road warrior, athlete and DJ-friendly to withstand abuse, sweat and jumping around.  It is all the same whether on an elliptical or on-stage at a festival in the heat of summer!  If you can't take the heat... well, we wouldn't know. 

Enjoy!

-V  

Wow, the CVO himself. This is what makes the company a legend. Other business owners should take you as an example. Thanks a lot Val!! That really helped!

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #267 of 394
Here is a few pics of my running/mountain climbing inc. 17+ miles per run with M-100/XS! In fact, the VERY first XS is buried on a summit of Monte Rosa - the second highest peak (4500 meters) in the Alps near where I live and where Leonardo Da Vinci studied why the sky is blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Rosa

I have pictures, video and GPS coordinates of where the first XS is hidden and even the mountain goats chasing me.  I took my drone to the top of the mountain to film it, but it began to ice rain unfortunately.  I built a backpack for the next run to the peak, 4500 meters!!!

I also left this headphone at the summit of the Austria alps... i ran like a tasmanian up and down the mountain in ~3+ hrs when they said it'd take 8+! (17+ miles) 

this picture was taken by me yelling "cattura" at the top of my lungs to the voice camera app:

Finish line of an 8 mile run in Santa Margherita against our VP Sales and the marketing director a V-MODA partner ... B.V. (before vino) :>

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #268 of 394
  Here is a few pics of my running/mountain climbing inc. 17+ miles per run with M-100/XS! In fact, the VERY first XS is buried on a summit of Monte Rosa - the second highest peak (4500 meters) in the Alps near where I live and where Leonardo Da Vinci studied why the sky is blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Rosa

I have pictures, video and GPS coordinates of where the first XS is hidden and even the mountain goats chasing me.  I took my drone to the top of the mountain to film it, but it began to ice rain unfortunately.  I built a backpack for the next run to the peak, 4500 meters!!!

I also left this headphone at the summit of the Austria alps... i ran like a tasmanian up and down the mountain in ~3+ hrs when they said it'd take 8+! 

this picture was taken by me yelling "cattura" at the top of my lungs to the voice camera app:

Such a wonderful view! Alright, white xs it is. Thanks again Val. You saved me a lot of researching and pondering time.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #270 of 394

Well I cannot better the answer (backed with those lovely pictures) that Val provided. FWIW, I've been using the XS in the gym INSTEAD of my IEMs (on the elliptical and treadmill) and find it more comfortable. Man I need to get more shields though !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back