V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #692 of 925
Anyone who got the matte black custom shields made feel like posting their pic and their .psd or jpg of the file they used? I want to see how the file looks compared to the finished product. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #693 of 925
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #694 of 925
Quote:
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?

I think it would be worthwhile. Providing details other than "they're indestructible" would be nice for some people I think.
  1. I've partially taken apart the M-100 and the weakest parts of the headphone are at the adjustable headband area I think (basically anything around the wingplates).
  2. The CLIQFOLD hinge also has a pretty cool mechanism (a metal nub slides in/out of designated notches, which makes the *click* sound)
  3. The cables that run out of the earcups can be "tucked" into the earcups themselves so they don't stick out as much
  4. ^ related to these cables again, they prevent the earcups from swiveling beyond 90˚ from the "natural position"
  5. The plastic parts of the yokes that attach to each earcup can pop out, detaching the earcup from the metal yokes
  6. All of the screws on the metal yokes are secured in place with the same hex screws as the removable shields

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #695 of 925
Quote:
I think it would be worthwhile. Providing details other than "they're indestructible" would be nice for some people I think.

These headphones are anything but indestructible, I've had two different problems with them in that area already.

I'll start working on it when I get some time.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #696 of 925
Quote:

These headphones are anything but indestructible, I've had two different problems with them in that area already.

I'll start working on it when I get some time.

Interesting to hear. So to re-iterate my previous answer, yes, I think providing details would be beneficial for some people to hear about.

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #702 of 925
I'm really more inclined toward the paws as it's my last name and I'm thinking it'll be kinda cool.. 
Or did anyone have better paw pictures that they can share? 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back