V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #676 of 925
Quote:
Hey All
I've been reading this thread for quite some time, but not really commenting. However, I have a quick question about the M100 on amping. I noticed that the M100 ships with a smartphone control cable, and also that headphones lose the smartphone control ability when amping. Does this mean that the M100 will be driven just fine without an amp out of my Sansa Clip Zip?
Rock On
L3000.gif

Correct. The M-100 sounds just fine out of my Rockboxed Clip Zip. It doesn't have the same bass punch as with a FiiO E7, but the difference is pretty small and it is still very acceptable for a portable device.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #677 of 925
Quote:
Correct. The M-100 sounds just fine out of my Rockboxed Clip Zip. It doesn't have the same bass punch as with a FiiO E7, but the difference is pretty small and it is still very acceptable for a portable device.

Does the rockboxing matter that much? and the bass punch is really not affected that much?

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #678 of 925
Quote:
Does the rockboxing matter that much? and the bass punch is really not affected that much?

For sound quality alone? No.
But I much prefer the user interface, directory browsing, and audio enhancements offered by Rockbox.

The bass punch isn't affected that much. I still get that gut-hitting feeling from the bass. With the FiiO E7, the bass is better defined and you get a cleaner gut-hitting punch, but through the Clip Zip it still sounds really good.

Even on this track I get a good gut-hitting feeling from the bass pedal.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #679 of 925
Quote:
For sound quality alone? No.
But I much prefer the user interface, directory browsing, and audio enhancements offered by Rockbox.

The bass punch isn't affected that much. I still get that gut-hitting feeling from the bass. With the FiiO E7, the bass is better defined and you get a cleaner gut-hitting punch, but through the Clip Zip it still sounds really good.

Even on this track I get a good gut-hitting feeling from the bass pedal.

Nice, defenitely looking forward to the m100. Probably gonna get a cowon z2 asap as well. That would provide better sq than the zip, right?

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #680 of 925
Quote:
Nice, defenitely looking forward to the m100. Probably gonna get a cowon z2 asap as well. That would provide better sq than the zip, right?

I don't know about the Z2's sound quality, but with no audio enhancements, I've read that the Clip+/Clip Zip sounds more neutral than the Cowon J3.
Whether or not you like that kind of sound is up to you. I prefer neutrality. XD

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #681 of 925
Quote:
I don't know about the Z2's sound quality, but with no audio enhancements, I've read that the Clip+/Clip Zip sounds more neutral than the Cowon J3.
Whether or not you like that kind of sound is up to you. I prefer neutrality. XD

I've heard the z2 is similar to the j3 from the stock music app, but when using neutron or poweramp, the mids really open up and the bass becomes cleaner. I also just want the z2 because my clip zip is really slow and glitchy.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #682 of 925
Quote:

I've heard the z2 is similar to the j3 from the stock music app, but when using neutron or poweramp, the mids really open up and the bass becomes cleaner. I also just want the z2 because my clip zip is really slow and glitchy.

Yup I feel ya. The stock OS is pretty lame in my opinion. That's another reason why I installed Rockbox since the user interface is much snappier (no animations everywhere).
I made a video on YouTube showing some of the Rockbox features and interface if you're interested. I muuuuuuch prefer Rockbox over the stock OS.

I haven't used a Cowon device before, but yes I've heard about Neutron and Poweramp for the Z2 and I think that would be great for the M-100's midrange and cleaner bass.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #686 of 925
Hi All,
  This thread is great, I have to thank you all. I've been looking to get a solid pair of headphones and this thread really helped me make my choice to the M-100s. I just have a quick question, when it comes to the custom ear shields; I see that you can get the M-100's shipped with 2 shields, do they do the custom shields on the second color you choose or the original shield, (matte black, white, shadow)? Thanks all! I look forward to getting my "within 61 days".

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #687 of 925
Quote:
Hi All,
  This thread is great, I have to thank you all. I've been looking to get a solid pair of headphones and this thread really helped me make my choice to the M-100s. I just have a quick question, when it comes to the custom ear shields; I see that you can get the M-100's shipped with 2 shields, do they do the custom shields on the second color you choose or the original shield, (matte black, white, shadow)? Thanks all! I look forward to getting my "within 61 days".

Custom shields are on the second color you pick

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #689 of 925
I have to say, clamping force and overall comfort improve greatly with flexing/bending. It now lasts about 1.5 - 2 hours before I get a slight headache, or my ear touches the driver grill.

Bass is also tightening up, sounding more and more like what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back