V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #316 of 925
Thank you Blotto for the pics and first impressions.  
I've been following this thread since inception and have been interested in the M100 since the very first pics (love my M80's but want an over ear). Unfortunately, I procrastinated and missed out on the initial order.. oh, well. Sifting through all the trash, I've been patiently waiting for pics and reviews.  i know that it's taken a lot longer than any of us would have liked, but I appreciate Val's efforts, communication with us Head-Fi'ers and the time taken to get it right.

I'd rather see people taking their time to do the reviews.  It's take a little time to acclimatize to a new pair of headphones.  I'd also like to see the associated gear and music impressions.  This will give us all a good comparative feel as to how the M100 may sound to us.
Anyway, going to keep following the thread and appreciate the people who are making real contributions. Waiting patiently and enjoying the gear that I already have. 
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Just posted my initial impression on page 1[size=9.5pt] It isn't much about SQ, just lots of pictures and first impressions about build quality and comfort. Will be posting more later on.[/size]

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #317 of 925
For those interested the first snippets from The Audio Journal Of A DigitalFreak have been added

I hope it's all cool with everyone that I decided to start this little exercise here

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #320 of 925
You can't post an accurate review if you've only had the headphones for 1 day. If a review was posted now I wouldn't take it seriously anyway.

Yes, but at least some impressions would be nice (i.e. bass extension, impact, treble presence compared to M-80, sparkle, forward midrange?). One can certainly post impressions regarding those at least.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #321 of 925
I have a question about the V-moda. What DON'T you get, if you order the V-moda M-100s normally? What is the difference between this package and the package I will be ordering when it is comming out? 

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #323 of 925
I have a question about the V-moda. What DON'T you get, if you order the V-moda M-100s normally? What is the difference between this package and the package I will be ordering when it is comming out? 

The difference is that these are the limited edition first production run also called the VTF-100's. the things you will not get when you order the m-100 normally are the faders, boom mic, personalized note from Val, and the free set of engraved/custom shields.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #324 of 925
I am usually camera shy, but thought I would be brave and show off my new M-100.  Isolation is good considering the dreds.

Seriously though, first impressions out of the box:

1. One of the best sounding headphones I ever heard in my semi-limited experience
  2. Midrange resolution and detail is fantastic
  3. High end resolution and extension is even better than I imagined.  There is sparkle with no hint of sibilance, just beautiful, smooth, clear, detailed highs
  4. Bass has superb tightness and punch; bassheads that want the biggest, deepest bass ever will be disappointed; music enthusiasts who appreciate beautifully presented impactful bass that complements detailed mids and smooth extended highs will love the bass;  bass is noticeably enhanced with amping Versa anyone??
  5. Build quality is fantastic.  M-100 is more compact than I thought, very solid, design is really an innovative work of art, especially the hinges and goes right down to the smallest details.  Cups are smaller than I thought, but I can still squeeze my ears in.  Oversized leather pads in our future??  Val's passion and ingenuity created something really special here.
  6. IMO, the M-100 completely destroys Amperior and Momentum sonically.  Consider the bar raised for every manufacturer.

Thank you Val.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #330 of 925
Quote:
They are different enough in signature that I plan to keep both as of right now.  In fairness to both, I prefer not to get into specific differences until I listen for a few days.

Can you compare the depth of the cups when you get the chance? The huge issue I had with the Crossfade LPs were the shallow cups and my ears bottoming out, causing pain very quickly. The UE6000s I have I can wear all day without any discomfort, though I believe it to be at the edge of how deep the cup can be before bottoming out my ears. No point in me keeping headphones that cause my ears to go red within 30 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back