V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3,316 of 23,366
I like the Photoshopped brushed metal one in this thread.  Reminds me of the P5s I used to own and, regardless of how people perceive the sound, they are great looking cans.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #3,317 of 23,366
The South Bay shopping center (i.e. Dorchester) one.

*drool*

Did you know about the new headphone store in Harvard Square? Sound Lion, really cool place. They may be doing a launch event for the M100. There's a true hifi store in The Garage nearby but Sound Lion has two full tables of live demos, pretty cool.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #3,318 of 23,366
Quote:
*drool*
Did you know about the new headphone store in Harvard Square? Sound Lion, really cool place. They may be doing a launch event for the M100. There's a true hifi store in The Garage nearby but Sound Lion has two full tables of live demos, pretty cool.

Sounds like these places and that BB in Dorchester I might have to check out some time! Yeesh, didn't know these places were just an hour away.

They should really change that image then - it's misleading.

I imagine that the image is a bit old, probably, seeing as they don't have blue shields anymore. I can say that white shows up just fine on my gunmetal shields, though. 

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #3,319 of 23,366
I very much prefer the Gunmetal Color Scheme on this picture to the Phantom Chrome, Chrome is too flashy in my opinion.

However like RPG said with the Teal picture, i feel uneasy about the "claw" being colored also. Yeah its been colored on the other color schemes for the Crossfade LP, but something about it being colored makes me like it and not like it at the same time. lol

Matte Black Metal? I do like the Matte Finish on it and how it isn't glossy, but I'm not a fan of a headphone having entirely one whole color on it.

Shadow + Red? I have this color scheme for my M80 and i really like it, however i want a different color scheme for my M100 unless they put that ring on it that RPG had made in this picture. I really like this idea for this color scheme:

White Silver? Its alright, but i think it looks a lot better on the M80 because its slimmer.

White + Teal? I like Vortexs visualization on it, but in the end? Its just not my taste, sorry. lol

Honestly i wish that the M100 had the the color scheme of the Trueblood M80, but with just V-Moda so i could put red shields on it. I'm not a fan of Trueblood (I don't dislike it, however i just do not watch it), but putting red shields on that color scheme for the M80 looks a lot better to me than the Shadow one because of the extra red that the headband gives underneath. lol

Just my two cents on all of the color schemes.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #3,320 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, V-Moda headphones are also fashion accessories and they sell clothing on their web site as well which has nothing to do with headphones and everything to do with fashion, so why not expand into watches? 

I could easily see V-Moda's cup design on a bezel matching to shield colors.  Ecko makes clothing and watches and recently expanded into headphones.  V-Moda could do the reverse at a much higher level.  I'm all about sound quality first, but really think about how cool matching V-Moda headphones and watches would look.

I know it's time for an M-100 update from Val when I start buying into your watch theory.  Rose gold may look decent on a watch because of it's small footprint/visibility factor...but on your coconut too?  Pretty ballsy, I like it.  Here's my watch I've had the last ten years.  I think it will work well with the phantom chrome but maybe better with a brushed metal. I like the industrial look of the phantom chrome.

get-attachment.aspx

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #3,324 of 23,366
Quote:
*drool*

I'm familiar with Audio Lab, but I did not know about the new headphone store in Harvard Square. That's awesome -- I'll have to check it out. An M-100 launch event sounds pretty cool, too. Any word on whether Ms. Hilton will make an appearance/spin some discs?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #3,325 of 23,366
Is there a brushed metal shield option? I never saw it before on the site.

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,326 of 23,366
So any info on the Treble or the soundstaging capabilities? I want to use headphones for movies and gaming and the M80s just won't do due to the decay and lack of good imaging. Female vocalists (Pop, Trance, JRock, JPop) really need that Treble extension to sound their best even with sibilance. Audio-Technica and Koss tend to excel in this area and I really don't know if a DJ can like M-100 will be up to the task.

There's a reason I skipped on the AiAiAi TMA-1 line of headphones and I might have to do the same if the V-modas are not up to snuff.

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3,328 of 23,366
Quote:
So any info on the Treble or the soundstaging capabilities? I want to use headphones for movies and gaming and the M80s just won't do due to the decay and lack of good imaging. Female vocalists (Pop, Trance, JRock, JPop) really need that Treble extension to sound their best even with sibilance. Audio-Technica and Koss tend to excel in this area and I really don't know if a DJ can like M-100 will be up to the task.

There's a reason I skipped on the AiAiAi TMA-1 line of headphones and I might have to do the same if the V-modas are not up to snuff.

The TMA-1 is sooo dark compared to the M-80.

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #3,330 of 23,366
Quote:
I'll try problem though, there are chrome bits so it might be a challenge but it's possible.
Here's how I portray a Gunmetal M-100

Note that I wanted the top part to be matte brushed aluminium but because it's glossy, it looks a bit like chrome.

Hi Val,

I just made an account to say that above scheme is a total WIN!

It's even close to the carbon fiber look that I like, and I would definitely not hesitate in picking.

this is ur old transporter (LA) checking in btw. incase u can guess who this secret audiophile + fan could be :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• skzo
Back