V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #14,266 of 23,366
Quote:
has anyone tried using something like this in order to make the m-100 less sensitive? i think im gonna get one and try it out, would be great if it gives me a more useable volume knob, the O2 is way too powerful for these headphones...

You could lower the digital volume. Tis what I do; 1.0x gain of course. :p
*not like you can hear a sound quality difference between 100% digital volume and ~60% digital volume anyway*

But yes those resistive plugs could work.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #14,267 of 23,366
Quote:
You could lower the digital volume. Tis what I do; 1.0x gain of course. :p
*not like you can hear a sound quality difference between 100% digital volume and ~60% digital volume anyway*

But yes those resistive plugs could work.

yea we already talked about this on the O2 thread. but still, id like to try it out too. it could also come in handy when those new 16Ω/108dB jvcs come out.

i was just wandering if anyone has given it a try is all 
beyersmile.png

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #14,268 of 23,366
Quote:
Ha...that was weird. I ran into the person whom I saw at school with a pair of matte black M-100's. She asked me if I participate on Head-Fi since my shields looked familiar. After saying yes, she said that she bought the M-100's after seeing my review for them. My friend next to me was all like "wait What", hahaha.

How did she recognize you without the "pig nose" you had on your face in the photos? 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #14,269 of 23,366
Has anyone got the "Gunmetal Black" shields that would mind posting a picture up?

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #14,270 of 23,366
has anyone tried using something like this in order to make the m-100 less sensitive? i think im gonna get one and try it out, would be great if it gives me a more useable volume knob, the O2 is way too powerful for these headphones...

I thought this kind of plug is to minimise the unwanted hiss and help to make the sound cleaner...not to reduce the gain impact from the amps. Not sure though. But I hope it can solve your problem. :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #14,273 of 23,366
Quote:
You know, if all your non-audiophile colleagues took advantage of the deal, they could make a decent profit selling them here for $250 or so. Not that that would be a nice thing to do to Val.

Probably, but I've kept the deal quiet for that reason. I like V-Moda and I don't want anybody getting fired from my job for misuse. I will definitely be getting my brother and wife a pair though!

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #14,274 of 23,366
Quote:
I thought this kind of plug is to minimise the unwanted hiss and help to make the sound cleaner...not to reduce the gain impact from the amps. Not sure though. But I hope it can solve your problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont know about sounding cleaner, and i guess "adding" impedance could make your headphones less hissy, but all i want is a useable volume knob.
as mentioned by miceblue, and discussed greatly on the O2 thread, theres no problem with lowering digital volume. there probably wont be any audible degradation. i was just considering it as an experimant, thats all =]

btw, sorry for any spelling mistakes - im at work and theres no spell checker

edit: i say experiment not because i doubt it will work - im pretty sure it will. just that if its badly made, i suppose it could have unwanted effect on the sound, which is why i asked if anyone has tried it before, to see if anyone can answer this question.

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #14,276 of 23,366
Quote:
Probably, but I've kept the deal quiet for that reason. I like V-Moda and I don't want anybody getting fired from my job for misuse. I will definitely be getting my brother and wife a pair though!

You can only get one pair of any model. So you can't get 3 M-100s at that discount. They probably have a check system per e-mail. They are also for promotional use only. 

Also, it should be kept quiet anyway. Regardless of misuse or not. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #14,277 of 23,366
Quote:
You're allowed to buy more than one pair? Now that's just asking for misuse 
rolleyes.gif

I don't know actually. I only care about mine! 
atsmile.gif

Edit: 

You can only get one pair of any model. So you can't get 3 M-100s at that discount. They probably have a check system per e-mail. They are also for promotional use only. 

Also, it should be kept quiet anyway. Regardless of misuse or not. 

Good to know.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #14,279 of 23,366
Sorry I didn't read the last 30 pages but what became of the XL pads?

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #14,280 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry I didn't read the last 30 pages but what became of the XL pads?

They're still in the works. Nothing definitive as far as impending release date. Val was formulating a "buy something from the V-MODA site for $20 and add the XL pads for free" concept for current M-100 owners, but he has yet to make it official (and I don't imagine we'll hear anything more on that front until the pads are actually in production).

On an unrelated note, I've discovered a crack running through the top edge of the plastic surrounding my M-100's left earcup.
frown.gif
Considering how delicately I treat them (and how "military-grade" their durability is advertised to be), this was a disappointing and perplexing surprise. I submitted a warranty claim through the V-MODA site on Monday, but no follow-up thus far. It's only been a couple days, so I'm still hopeful I won't have to start pestering V-MODA for a taste of their "Six-Star" support.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back