V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #11,416 of 23,366
Quote:
You shouldn't leave a review until after burn in. As many others have made that mistake, and then corrected themselves after burn in. Give it time.
As for comfort, try laying the headband somewhat flat to reduce the clamp force once in a while, until they start to naturally adjust better to your head.

Also for comfort, for the short while I had the M100s (1 month), it really depends on what kind of ears you have. Mine unfortunately touched the drivers and would give some pain. I later returned it. They should be coming out with bigger earpads later, so hopefully that issue will be solved for people like me. And as for sound, try getting used to the M100s and then go back to your 6000s. And then compare the two.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #11,417 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
You shouldn't leave a review until after burn in. As many others have made that mistake, and then corrected themselves after burn in. Give it time.
As for comfort, try laying the headband somewhat flat to reduce the clamp force once in a while, until they start to naturally adjust better to your head.

Also for comfort, for the short while I had the M100s (1 month), it really depends on what kind of ears you have. Mine unfortunately touched the drivers and would give some pain. I later returned it. They should be coming out with bigger earpads later, so hopefully that issue will be solved for people like me. And as for sound, try getting used to the M100s and then go back to your 6000s. And then compare the two.

Yeah, 3 months later and I still find the M-100's uncomfortable to wear, without any mods, for more than 3 hours at the maximum. I often find myself removing the headphones after about an hour and find that my ears are slightly pained as if the earpads were scrunching up my ears and upon taking them off they cry "YESSSSS! I can stretch"....or something like that. XD

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #11,418 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, 3 months later and I still find the M-100's uncomfortable to wear, without any mods, for more than 3 hours at the maximum. I often find myself removing the headphones after about an hour and find that my ears are slightly pained as if the earpads were scrunching up my ears and upon taking them off they cry "YESSSSS! I can stretch"....or something like that. XD

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes too still. But I am able to handle it for way way longer then when I first received these -- the pain was unbearable. Now it's just meh every now and again (which it is suggested to take a break every couple of hours, so not a deal breaker).

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #11,419 of 23,366
Thanks for the responses. I didn't mean my post as a review, more of an inquiry.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #11,422 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, so I just tried to order a pair, and kept getting a PayPal error so I ordered with my credit card, its been a day and the order is awaiting manual verification. Seriously? Is this normal? I just want my headphones :frowning2:

You'll probably be waiting for 2-3 weeks...that's how long it took me for mine to arrive from Amazon...hopefully you already have some 'phones to tide you over : \

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #11,423 of 23,366
DSC02414.JPG

DSC02411.JPG

Got mine in and just started the burn in process. Prior to that, I took a curious listen and found that the set is really clear and the bass is there, just not all warmed up yet to let it go IMO. I am enjoying the small form factor and the easy switch plates. I guess my LPs will be my 4 yr old's movie headsets lol.

And I ordered directly with V-Moda.com. Amazon was more expensive plus tax and they didn't include any free shields :).

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #11,426 of 23,366
Going to finally get these ordered from Amazon in the next week (they finally have them back in stock) after wanting the Shadow for a long time i'm probably going to get the Matte black ones. £245 with the import fee deposit not too bad I don't think.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #11,427 of 23,366
Since I inserted the pieces of tissue in the cups before burn in had completed, I took them out about 10 minutes ago, and no comfort issues at all!
Plus, the sound sounds no different to me now as I was listening to them in, and then just took them out, and couldn't tell an immediate difference.
So detaiiillleeeddddd though :D

EDIT:
I change my mind. The tissues are going back in...You can tell a big difference in bass

I have the Shadows, but I personally think the Matte Black ones look a bit better now but, meh.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #11,429 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I have the Shadows, but I personally think the Matte Black ones look a bit better now but, meh.

There was something about the headband that made me change my mind about the Shadows....maybe the lack pleather up top.

For me it was simple, these are really customizable headphones with new shields and different coloured cables, and the Shadows have a not so interchangable red highlight to them, thus giving them not nearly as many options as the pure white (eggshell/pearl) or matte black versions. 

There's something about red I've learned from my girlfriend. It matches with pretty much nothing but black, white, or any other shade in the monochromatic scale. At least not very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back