V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #6,001 of 23,366
Quote:
When non-audiophile calls something bright I instantly think them mean more detail. I had people call my miles davis tributes, and B&W p5's "Bright" they oth had beats solo's. What I have noticed a lot is that the beats solos are the muddiest and most disgusting sounding headphones that people own and always use them as reference to "Neutral headphones" even some reviewers do which is why I wouldn't trust anyone who isn't an audiophile to review headphones. Also the fact that this cnet guy couldn't even compare these to the m80's which the m100's are truly succeeding goes to show how he doesn't know ****.

Then comes to the question of if these are truly "bright". I have swayed away from denon's latest models because they are too bright and sibilance. If the m100 is anymore sibilant then the m80's then that would be a no go and would cause for me to ask for a refund. 

There's virtually 0 reason to worry. The M-80s aren't sibilant at all. Val has repeatedly said that he is against exaggerated or peaky mids and highs, and the M-80s are total proof that he means it when he says it. The M-100s may (and hopefully will) deliver greater clarity and detail, but not sibilance or peakiness.

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #6,002 of 23,366
Wow, he is so helpful by calling it "brighter sound". Oh, look at that, I'm wowed.

Other than that, I thought the review was ok. *shrugs*. Remember, these type of reviewers, not that I have any idea, but I would think they are not meant to bash other headphones, nor sound like a fanboy.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #6,003 of 23,366
Quote:
When non-audiophile calls something bright I instantly think them mean more detail. I had people call my miles davis tributes, and B&W p5's "Bright" they oth had beats solo's. What I have noticed a lot is that the beats solos are the muddiest and most disgusting sounding headphones that people own and always use them as reference to "Neutral headphones" even some reviewers do which is why I wouldn't trust anyone who isn't an audiophile to review headphones. Also the fact that this cnet guy couldn't even compare these to the m80's which the m100's are truly succeeding goes to show how he doesn't know ****.

Then comes to the question of if these are truly "bright". I have swayed away from denon's latest models because they are too bright and sibilance. If the m100 is anymore sibilant then the m80's then that would be a no go and would cause for me to ask for a refund. 

I think the reviewer was just saying the M-100 was bright compared to the LP2.  If it wasn't, I would be concerned.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #6,006 of 23,366
I guess they reached their next 100 preorders already. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #6,007 of 23,366
Quote:
The VTF-100 page seems to be gone. No longer taking preorders?

That was true at 5:00 p.m. yesterday when last I looked.  Perhaps we're in the final stages.  

It would be interesting to know what happened to any stray preordered pairs if a few people canceled in the coming weeks.  A second shot at the entire package would be propitious for the foont who happened to awaken from coma today and wanted a pair of stylin' headphones.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #6,008 of 23,366
Quote:
When non-audiophile calls something bright I instantly think them mean more detail. I had people call my... B&W p5's "Bright"...

blink.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #6,011 of 23,366
Quote:
Has anyone heard the m80s with the rocoo ba?

No but i've ordered one of these

Impressions with M80 and M100 to follow in the near future

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #6,013 of 23,366
We'll see, I just want to finally find a decent DAP that has good sound. I can no longer stand the sound from the mainstream DAP's anymore. That's the problem with being a member on this site once you realize there's far better sounding options out there you never want to go back. If this fails it's a life chained to a CLAS setup for me.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #6,014 of 23,366
Quote:
We'll see, I just want to finally find a decent DAP that has good sound. I can no longer stand the sound from the mainstream DAP's anymore. That's the problem with being a member on this site once you realize there's far better sounding options out there you never want to go back. If this fails it's a life chained to a CLAS setup for me.

It's just the older models! p.s They sound good with akg headphones..

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #6,015 of 23,366
Quote:

I know what you mean, since I became a member here, I've blown a lot of money on gear.
(Started out with the Beats solo, thank god I found you guys.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back