V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #5,971 of 23,366
Quote:

After so many years waiting forever and spending hundreds of hours reading about it, I finally downloaded and bought it.  Yet, I never had time to play it.  So odd...

Still need to try/win it soon just because of the wait.  I need a break after Revolver!

Nothing beats good ol' Duke Nukem 3D (and the different editions/expansion packs) though. I still find Duke3D despite it's dated graphics to be mighty fun (MIGHTY BOOT ENGAGED!) and I've played it through multiple times. I remember when it was first launched and every1 was like blown away especially with that first level cinema map.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #5,972 of 23,366
Interesting launch of products this week from Nokia, Motorola, Amazon and the updated news on Microsoft Surface.  I personally am amped for the Nokia 920 wireless charging and Win 8 in general, Microsoft Surface Pro (that can CREATE and CONSUME CONTENT) and to see Amazon's vast ecosystem in Fire HD. Next up is Apple's 12th announcement and V-MODA's news on __th for the new M-100 and ____  ___!  Exciting few weeks for the mobile community.

Saw this from Singapore CNET pop-up on Google Alerts:

http://asia.cnet.com/hands-on-v-moda-crossfade-m-100-and-vamp-62218619.htm

I've been much happier with my iPad as more ways to create on it have grown with time. No maya 3D, but the office suite is pretty strong for it's price, several good sketching options, a vector drawing program, at least one audio mixing program... Windows 8 seems fine to me, the interface formerly known as Metro (yeah, that's a Prince reference) is basically the start menu with big square icons to launch your programs while also offering integrated widgets. The Surface, however... Well MS has always wanted to make a tablet, or at least Gates has, but I'm going to have to wait and see if it sets the new standard as promised or if it's another Zune project.

The Singapore link is interesting, do you know if they heard a sound-signature-locked prototype? The shields look GORGEOUS in the photos, overall the headphone is oozing quality. As far as what they said about the VAMP, it doesn't seem like they took into account that the VAMP is right at the price of the few other external iPhone DACs that truly bypass the PMP's internal equipment. Plus, my opinion that gumband-strapping other components to an iPod/iPhone are a redneck solution that ruins the aesthetic of the all-in-one music and smart device, so all the qualities that the VAMP addresses increase it's value. Personal fact though, I can't afford one if I'm going to take care of my other financial responsibilities, barring a stroke-of-luck career change.

As far as Duke Nukem Forever... someone gave the IP to Gearbox and said "enough is enough, just get the game out the door." Since you are someone who obsesses about releasing a great product, I bet you'll be very, very unsatisfied. Of course, I could be wrong: you may enjoy it as a reinforcement about WHY you obsess like you do :wink:

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #5,973 of 23,366
Holy crap, would you look at those stunning pics. And versatile sound quality that isn't as boosted in the bass area as the LP2? Awesome.

Really, though, my only thought was "Can't tell if that guy has large hands or hot damn, the M100's folded up are hella small"

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #5,974 of 23,366
Quote:

Awesome, great to finally read a hands-on / preview / review.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #5,975 of 23,366
The Nokia N95 was the phone to have and then Nokia seemed to disappear..I think the fire hd won't stand a chance against the ipad and the new kindles just an app but the google nexus 7 tablet will do well because it's at the right price!

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,978 of 23,366
Quote:
Interesting launch of products this week from Nokia, Motorola, Amazon and the updated news on Microsoft Surface.  I personally am amped for the Nokia 920 wireless charging and Win 8 in general, Microsoft Surface Pro (that can CREATE and CONSUME CONTENT) and to see Amazon's vast ecosystem in Fire HD. Next up is Apple's 12th announcement and V-MODA's news on __th for the new M-100 and ____  ___!  Exciting few weeks for the mobile community.

First impressions are on the right track.  I'm thinking the ______  is an Iphone 5 Vamp based on the timing, or has Revolver development been kept top secret?

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #5,979 of 23,366
The CNET preview didn't seem "wowed". Guess we'll have to wait for more of those previews. 
And yes, I'm expecting the hype to have been worth it. ^^

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #5,980 of 23,366
Quote:
First impressions are on the right track.  I'm thinking the ______  is an Iphone 5 Vamp based on the timing, or has Revolver development been kept top secret?

I'm thinking there's a hint in Val's post, look at how many characters he uses in the words and date, for the date it's two characters, for the first word it's 4 characters and for the second it's 3 characters.

Quote:
Next up is Apple's 12th announcement and V-MODA's news on __th for the new M-100 and ____  ___!  Exciting few weeks for the mobile community.

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #5,982 of 23,366
The CNET preview didn't seem "wowed". Guess we'll have to wait for more of those previews. 
And yes, I'm expecting the hype to have been worth it. ^^

I concur. Reading the CNET article, to me it seemed that the reviewer really couldn't care for the M-100.
Our brief listening time with the M-100 left us with a generally positive impression

Those who aren't fans of brighter sound, however, would prefer the LP2.

the Crossfade M-100 over-the-ears leave a great first impression. It sounds spacious and detailed, and has that signature V-Moda design and build quality.

And the whole thing with the VAMP seemed "meh" to him too.
It also has a switch on top, which allows you to switch sound modes for a more natural sound or more bass and treble--the latter seemed to work to add more lower-frequency extension, but the effect was subtle.

Plugging the headphones into V-Moda's new Vamp headphones amplifier and DAC (digital-to-analog converter), we were presented with even greater transparency and clarity, although it wasn't quite night and day.

Maybe I'm just over-analyzing the impressions. They seemed pretty darn generic/not very thoughtful to me, with no comparisons to other headphones other than being better than celebrity headphones, which doesn't say much.

Those who aren't fans of brighter sound, however, would prefer the LP2.

^this is some promising news though. It's kind of sad how he didn't make any sort of mention of how it sounds compared to the M-80 except for the pricing difference. -.-

Those photos were gorgeous though, I must admit! :eek:

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #5,984 of 23,366
Quote:
I concur. Reading the CNET article, to me it seemed that the reviewer really couldn't care for the M-100.
And the whole thing with the VAMP seemed "meh" to him too.
Maybe I'm just over-analyzing the impressions. They seemed pretty darn generic/not very thoughtful to me, with no comparisons to other headphones other than being better than celebrity headphones, which doesn't say much.
^this is some promising news though. It's kind of sad how he didn't make any sort of mention of how it sounds compared to the M-80 except for the pricing difference. -.-
Those photos were gorgeous though, I must admit!
eek.gif

I don't know much about the reviewer, but he didn't strike me as a headphone enthusiast.  I'm not sure if the comments were any better or worse than neutral.  The impression on the sound was either dumbed-down for the general public or this person isn't well educated regarding headphones IMO.  Also, based on comparison to LP2, I was given the impression that this person is more of a basshead with a darker signature preference than one who prefers a more neutral sound.  I did like reading that they sound great with all genres and are brighter than the LP2.  I am looking forward to a real review on CNET from Steve Guttenberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back