V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3,916 of 23,366
Quote:
Not sure about the PPUs either but I would imagine they'll either be all Shadows or most Shadows and a small variety of several colors. I could be totally wrong though. We shall see!
smily_headphones1.gif

We know for sure that there will be at least Shadow and White colors, but he has been hinting that he wants to make a third PPU available.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3,917 of 23,366
Quote:
And I still think a boom-mic attachment for gamers, built for V-MODA's interchangable cable system and design aesthetic, would be hella awesome!

You've mentioned the boom-mic several times.  Give us an illustration/example of how this might look.  A while back I was guessing one of the extra secret features was a mic attachment for the opposed earcup.  Wondering how your version plays out.  If there is a jack in the opposite earcup that is not in use, would it not leak sound or disrupt acoustic integrity?  I always say the more holes the better but not so sure in this case.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #3,919 of 23,366
Aug 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #3,920 of 23,366
"A dumb question, but I've seen some conflicting comments.  Is this headphone sealed (isolates) or semi-open? (leaks)"

they will be just like the m80's 

95% sealed. i can listen to my music on the bus at high volumes and not disturb my neighbors. but when i rest them on my ears the checker at the grocery store can easily hear the music.

The tiny vent on the back of the headphone is tiny and really does not let out very much sound.

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #3,921 of 23,366
You've mentioned the boom-mic several times.  Give us an illustration/example of how this might look.  A while back I was guessing one of the extra secret features was a mic attachment for the opposed earcup.  Wondering how your version plays out.  If there is a jack in the opposite earcup that is not in use, would it not leak sound or disrupt acoustic integrity?  I always say the more holes the better but not so sure in this case.

Uh, from my iPad I can't import a drawing for you, but I think it would be simple to make a boom mic that just plugs into the headphone's current cable jack, and then the headphone cable plugs into the bottom of the mic in series. A PC Headset style cord that splits into the headphone & mic plugs at the end could even be perminantly attached to the boom mic.

Wouldn't be too difficult to DIY even, but V-MODA could pioneer the supported gaming moddable headset idea, make the shape of the boom stick conform to the shape of the M-100 or LP earcups, and fit with their style aesthetic.

Sadly, I just upgraded my desktop to Mac OS X and lost sound in the process, maybe it's an excuse to get a sound card for the Windows side of it's personality. That is where the games are at, GET YOU ONE!

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #3,922 of 23,366
Also, I doubt any extra jacks would affect sound, I mean all the headphones that are not corded on just one side dont have problems and neither does the earcup on one-sided, removable cable headphones have a noticeable sound difference from the other earcup.

And yes, a Borderlands reference slipped out of me.

I mean HEEYOH!
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy-jGa04nJg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/VIDEO]

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #3,923 of 23,366
Quote:
I've had a lot of practice explaining to my mother? Lol! I totally would emphasize staying in your price comfort zone, but the higher end models exist because audio companies (and other hobbies) find new ways to blow us away.
For example, $300 for a pair of headphones may Seem like a lot, but I listen to music every single day, and it often adds pizazz and even inspiration at work (and dates too). Meanwhile, dancing may seem like a cheaper hobby, but my mom buys +$100 dancing shoes that wear out in less than a year and pays $10 once or twice a week to get into the hall. I can barely dance beyond The waltz and line dances, so I can't really tell you what I need from a dance shoe. It's not a competition (usually), but you tend to invest money, time, and attention into your interests/passions.
*snip*

Yeah, look at the film industry. It takes a lot of investment and dedication, (and a lot of people!) to make a superblockbuster.

About the M-100, I wonder if the wind noise (roar, like what some people call it), is a necessity on the V-MODA's headphones. I mean, I'd hate to be constantly bothered by the roar, if I take them outside.

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #3,930 of 23,366
Quote:

It's a guy flipping a table. If you see a lot of boxes, it probably means your computer don't have asian language support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back