V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 13, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #3,241 of 23,366
BRSxIgnition,

Then either go the DIY anodizing route or find a local company that will anodize the color-stripped plates to any color you like.  Google will help either way.
I bet once you're done with this you could even arrange to ship them to V-MODA and have them custom-etch a design on your custom teal plates.
Might be worth the extra hassle and cost for the exclusivity aspect.

Now you can rest easy knowing that no matter what, teal plates for your M-100 are still possible.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #3,243 of 23,366
Quote:
BRSxIgnition,

Then either go the DIY anodizing route or find a local company that will anodize the color-stripped plates to any color you like.  Google will help either way.
I bet once you're done with this you could even arrange to ship them to V-MODA and have them custom-etch a design on your custom teal plates.
Might be worth the extra hassle and cost for the exclusivity aspect.

Now you can rest easy knowing that no matter what, teal plates for your M-100 are still possible.

Val should sell a side option for this with every M-100 purchase 
biggrin.gif

Val I'm liking all those launch colors so far, and I would agree with BRS ignition that a white with a little subtle colour seems like an ideal next launch option.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #3,244 of 23,366
bolding incoming

Leave Val alone, he knows what he is doing.
in all seriousness, seriously he does, he can't launch in too many colours, there are many aspects that you (BRSxIgnition) are not taking into account. The launch colours are good choices, change it up with shields, the odds are they will bring back teal shields as aftermarket options, so stop asking already.

And FYI, I want the white + teal combo aswell.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #3,245 of 23,366
Val- I like phantom chrome, A LOT! I'm hoping it is available for the M-100. I think I can honestly speak for everybody on here when I say, "Anything but teal!" Teal itself is rather geriatric by nature. Ironically, when applied to fashion, it gives off a 'look at me I flunked out of school and have no reason to groom myself' vibe. It is a wannabe color for the person who knows not what they want. Teal makes me nauseous and want to projectile vomit.

ps. do you know how to moonwalk?

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #3,246 of 23,366
I think also Rogue theme looked rather nice, a bit flashy perhaps.

In general I like most themes in their own way, have a look at Phantom Chrome, White and Matte Black below, must say they all look nice in their own way. If I had way too much money on me I could see me buying different colored M100's haha

But I'd say my personal fav is still Shadow tho, the metallic shield color with minimalistic use of red and the "grainier" headband just looks perfect to me

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #3,247 of 23,366
Quote:

I think these are very well thought out choices, covers most tastes and leaves the rest to aftermarket shields. 
But I do think the red V-moda on the white limits the colour combinations for shields, unless your a clown, then you would want yellow shields. 

If the logo were grey (on the white M-100s), it could scale a lot better with different shields, and stop people from asking for slight variations of the same colour scheme. 

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #3,248 of 23,366
Quote:
Guys, the three colors are now "MATTE BLACK METAL", "SHADOW (BLACK/RED" and "WHITE SILVER". 

What do you think about phantom chrome LP though?

I'm having a hard time deciding final colors and launch sequence, its tough!!!...  I wish I could launch 5 again like LP, but it creates supply chain nightmares.

-v 

PS

unrelated but a MUST read article in "PROFILE MAGAZINE", a business magazine about me and V-MODA.  It talks a lot about my roots and philosophy in every product.

http://profilemagazine.com/2012/v-moda/

While I believe that the phantom chrome LP look is indeed a nice look considering the fact that you already have 3 launch styles it might be best to release them a little later perhaps around the holiday season with another style to bring in a larger spectrum and at the same time bring focus for holiday shoppers?

I would think to have the 3 styles put up for now in whats coming up first and have "What's coming your way this holiday?" preview/picture showing off more new styles for the M-100. This will be so that those who cannot afford the M-100 at release feel excited that when their season for shopping starts they will have more options to choose from!

Hell you could call this "style set 1" and have a "style set 2" coming soon. That said I do not know how your company works on this end or if its a feasible idea but I am just tossing it out there. Its like how you released the White M-80's for V-day essentially, Except it can be 3 new colours and for the holiday season.

Also that was a nice read Val! Its always interesting to see how the growth of a unique company happens over time, do you think you may one day make an autobiography on your rise?

Finally, its awesome to hear that the third colour will be Matte Black Metal. I will be buying those instantly!

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #3,249 of 23,366
1. Can we start placing our orders for custom shields now so that when the M-100's are released we won't have to two weeks to get them?

2. Can the two shields have a different image from each other, or do both shields have to have the same design?

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #3,252 of 23,366
Honestly, Phantom Chrome's not a bad style. But I think Gunmetal is a sleeker look, so I'd much prefer a metal style if anything. Black Matte Metal all the way!

I'm not going to go into additions of colors for the headphones themselves, as a little small amount of color won't make too much of a difference, but I think it'd be pretty rad to get a couple more colors for the custom shields (the major part of what we're customizing and the biggest noticeable thing about the headphones). A reintroduction of purple shields would be fantastic, and I understand that blue is coming back some time soon?

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #3,253 of 23,366
Quote:
1. Can we start placing our orders for custom shields now so that when the M-100's are released we won't have to two weeks to get them?

2. Can the two shields have a different image from each other, or do both shields have to have the same design?

1. Yes. Use code M-100MANIA to get 10% off.

2. I know some people have done this in the past. You just have to ask them.

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #3,254 of 23,366
O_O Which BB in Boston?!
Quote:

It's not just New York...at least one of the Boston Best Buys has both of those (the TMA-1s and HDJ-2000s) out to demo now too. They're in the section with the musical instruments. I was there tonight, in fact, hoping the listening station would include the TMA-1 Studios -- but those were only available on the shelves. Not having ventured inside a Best Buy in a while, I was also kind of shocked at how much floor- and promotional space Skullcandy headphones are getting. Apparently we are now firmly in the age of the populace-embraced flashy-looking headphone. That's good news for V-MODA. I could totally see their line fitting into that scene. But I digress...

Did someone say PARIS HILTON?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back