V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,606 of 23,366
Quote:
The m100's are gonna be $300 right but how much will the vamp be???

I think the number that was floated around was $600, though I haven't really been keeping up with the advance discussion.  Have you checked the VAMP thread?

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #1,611 of 23,366
Quote:
Lol well I know you didn't mean me. Hopefully, with durable, very portable, and fashion acceptable/improving headphones like this one, we audiophiles can get out more wearing our hearts out on our ears
wink.gif

I am amazed at how it seems the music majors at my college don't seem to care about listening quality... I'm just a recent art student who loves to fill in the hours with fun music!

Having done art, music is a necessity. Especially at 4am on the day before a deadline, with 3 Monster cans down, and eating coffee out the tin.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #1,612 of 23,366
Jun 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,613 of 23,366
Having done art, music is a necessity. Especially at 4am on the day before a deadline, with 3 Monster cans down, and eating coffee out the tin.

Haha never quite got to eating coffee out of the tin (unless you count eating a lot of choc covered espresso beans, very good btw), but yeah there's always that point where you decide to just do whatever it takes.
Edit: maybe for those music majos I mentioned, music itself becomes work and usually not fun anymore. I think that's kinda sad, but I could see it happening.
One more month! And 'prolly a couple days...

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #1,615 of 23,366
According to the VAMP thread in the portable amp form, people are saying that it would cost around $600 USD. Not sure how they got that number though. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,616 of 23,366
Jun 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,617 of 23,366
Quote:

IMO the only way the Vamp is worth $600 is if it comes packaged with an M-100 and has guaranteed compatibility with Iphone 5.  It is likely the Iphone 5 will have a bigger screen and a different pin connector, so the Vamp would possibly be obsolete as soon as the Iphone 5 is released this fall as it may not accomodate the Iphone 5. Val may want to clarify the future compatibility issue since there is much uncertainty about this.

Ideally, I would love to have the Vamp and M-100 together with my Iphone, but no way is it worth $900 for the combo.  I'm wondering if this is part of the reason for the delay in the release of the Vamp as future compatibility and competitive pricing is evaluated- perhaps a non-Apple DAC chip version at a $300 price point?  However, I will enthusiastically be the first in line for the M-100 and connect it to my FiiO E11.  I hope there are no delays beyond early July.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,618 of 23,366
Quote:
IMO the only way the Vamp is worth $600 is if it comes packaged with an M-100 and has guaranteed compatibility with Iphone 5.  It is likely the Iphone 5 will have a bigger screen and a different pin connector, so the Vamp would possibly be obsolete as soon as the Iphone 5 is released this fall as it may not accomodate the Iphone 5. Val may want to clarify the future compatibility issue since there is much uncertainty about this.

Ideally, I would love to have the Vamp and M-100 together with my Iphone, but no way is it worth $900 for the combo.  I'm wondering if this is part of the reason for the delay in the release of the Vamp as future compatibility and competitive pricing is evaluated- perhaps a non-Apple DAC chip version at a $300 price point?  However, I will enthusiastically be the first in line for the M-100 and connect it to my FiiO E11.  I hope there are no delays beyond early July.

First, I think you should take this feedback to the VAMP thread; Val or others who are familiar with the product might respond there.

Second, I cannot understand how you can say that the product won't be worth a certain amount if you've never heard it. Maybe you mean that you won't pay $900 for a m-100/VAMP combo, but that's not the same as the product not having a $600 value. From the VAMP thread, it certainly seems like it's a top notch product. Also, your speculation about how the VAMP may not fit iPhone 5 (and therefore the kicking-off point for your whole argument) is just that: speculation. Apple never reveals the exact spec for its products ahead of launch time, so any rumors floating around have as much chance of being false as true. Remember the buzz before the 4S launched, about the bigger screen, slimmer form factor, rounded case, etc.? All false, even though case manufacturers were jumping the gun and producing cases based on those rumors. 

I don't mean to be harsh, but I just want to remind you not to base your arguments on assumptions, fears, and speculation. Wait till you hear the product before saying it's not worth it. Or just say from the beginning that you're not willing to pay that much, period. But don't conflate your opinion with facts about the product.

I can tell you this: my M-80 sounds awesome as is, and even better with my E17, and I'm super stoked for the M-100 release!

All best, 

djSquared
(obviously I feel protective of V-MODA gear, with my M-80 slung around my neck as I type this, and an LP2 back home.) 

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,619 of 23,366
Jun 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,620 of 23,366
Quote:
Thought I would post this here for others to see

Its for the Recycle promo. Its a revolver built from 2xheadphones and 6+ xIEMs over 5 days, using glue and only the related parts.
Concept and construction and art direction by me.
photography by Jarryd Cox
Modelled by my Girlfriend.

Here are the:
Build and construction of the Revolver
Highish res select photos from the shoot and closeups of the revolver

gun made out of soap..all i have to do is paint it black and i am ready to go i just hope it doesn't rain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back