V-Moda Faders... The "WORLD'S FINEST" IEM Styled, High Fidelity Filter, for living life!!!
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #31 of 47
Right. I think the title should be changed though.

Why, could you share with us your reasoning? Were you mislead? Do you feel cheated? Not clever enough for you? Jealous?

What would you change it too?

Curious George wants to know?

LOLz, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #32 of 47
Mine were delivered today...
w00t

Well, Once I got home I slowly peeled back the outer parts to reveal the buried treasure inside.

What a treat... They are much smaller then I expected.

I snapped some cellphone camera pix with a bic lighter to give a good size comparision.

Then after admiring their beauty... I popped em in. They popped right back out. I guess my Ety Ears rejected them. I changed to the largest tip, popped them back in, and wore them for about 5 hours.

What Bliss. It calms everything down... Very Nicely!

I will continue to study them before I write my full review. I think that I may even treat them to a set of Comply Foam tips also.

Kirk Out, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #33 of 47
Were you mislead? 

Yes. These are obviously not in ear monitors. Your title says they are. Thus, in the interest of truth and justice, your title should be changed. Secondly, this is a forum for portable headphones and iems. This is not. Ergo, it does not belong here.

Quote:
I will continue to study them before I write my full review. I think that I may even treat them to a set of Comply Foam tips also.
Kirk Out, Jim

I have no words. Anything further would have to come from the DSM-V

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #34 of 47
Yes. These are obviously not in ear monitors. Your title says they are. Thus, in the interest of truth and justice, your title should be changed. Secondly, this is a forum for portable headphones and iems. This is not. Ergo, it does not belong here.

Here you go homey...

V-Moda Faders... The "WORLD'S FINEST" IEM Styled, High Fidelity Filter, for living life!!!

Happy?

Now let us look at some of your thread titles, shall we?

Sorry Everyone, I did not mean to be misleading.

I do hope Y'all go get a pair of these though.

They are truly the... WORLD'S FINEST".

Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #35 of 47
Update time...

On day 2 now, and I am loving the sounds of my new life.

It is peaceful, it is quiet, I am in Heaven.

I have found the pairing cord to have some elastic in it. It is also microphonic.

The good news is that the pairing cord unscrews from the ear pieces. So, with a good fit. You can just unscrew the cord and go.

Sheer Bliss.

Jim

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #38 of 47
Well I am back...

Thirty Days in the Naughty Chair gave me plenty of time with these.

In comparison to Ety and Comply, these do O.K.

Would I buy them again? Yes.

Hope Y'all Enjoyed the Review from this Uber Newb...

Jim

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #39 of 47
i just ordered the m100's and the faders came with it for free and on my order it defines them as earplugs 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #40 of 47
I finally got a pair. They roll off the highs a bit, just like the etymotics did. But, it's not atrocious. They don't isolate as well as foam and they don't sound as bad as foam.

I'd recommend a pair of these and a pair of foam earplugs to carry with you to shows. The only clearly better alternative is very expensive etymotic plugs (not the ER20, they make some really expensive profession ones).

They are much more comfortable than the ER20's I had (etymotics just don't agree with my ears). They come with a good selection of tips. Yeah, they are nice little earplugs. I'm happy with them.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:
hmm very interested. can anyone comment on how much these isolate compared to foamies, such as complys?

Huh, I didn't know comply made a set of earplugs, they look nice. Going off the stats it looks like complys isolate 2 more dB, probably a toss up between the two, it would just be silicon tips vs foam, most likely.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #43 of 47
Quote:
Huh, I didn't know comply made a set of earplugs, they look nice. Going off the stats it looks like complys isolate 2 more dB, probably a toss up between the two, it would just be silicon tips vs foam, most likely.

i didnt know they make plugs either!
i was asking the comparison between iems with complys (sound off) vs these. ^^

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #44 of 47
This Amazon reviewer has rather disturbing things to say about Faders vs. the ER-20s:  

Review by Ron L

I'd love to hear Val's response. No doubt his team (as it were) have conducted their own tests and will have their own findings.

I did notice that my ER-15s (and even my ER-20s despite the decibel distinction) sound more detailed than the Faders.

That said, I'd rather wear Faders than ER-20s in public.  

(The ER-15s are molded to the ear and so look inconspicuous, but since they cost five times more than the other models, they don't really count.)

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #45 of 47
Yeah, I have moved back to using my ER-20s after losing one of my Faders. I could never tell a significant difference between the two. I now insert the ER-20s much less deeply and have less of a comfort issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back