V-Moda Faders... The "WORLD'S FINEST" IEM Styled, High Fidelity Filter, for living life!!!
Jul 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

AstroTurf

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes Sir, That's Right. The V-Moda Faders.

Look at all the tips...

Look at this hard case.

And if you turn the cord out, it can be worn around the neck like this...

Perdy Kewl packaging too, Very Green.

They allow you to live life safely in this noisy world we live in.

Plus, I think that they would make a Kewl DIY IEM Project too.

I got a set on order, and cannot wait. (Save the TaTas Pink)

Enjoy, Jim

Oh, Hey, I almost forgot the Bestest Part: http://v-moda.com/faders-vip/ Only 20 Bucks...

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 47
I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of these after I do an M100 review (that's more important on my list right now since it'll be more popular).  They do look promising.  I've enjoyed the fun sound of V-Moda so far.  The warmth and lushness of the M80 and the boomy, yet controlled sound of the Vibrato compliment each other well.  I find that the Vibrato is one of the more underrated headphones on Head-Fi.  

@OP: IDK why, but that post reads a lot like an advertisement :p  I see you're getting a pink pair :)  I'm glad I'm not the only guy that thinks they look sick.  

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 47
i do not think these are iems. just earplugs

Oh they are most certainly In Ear Monitors...

Powered by the life that surrounds us.

But... The best part is that they do not color the natural sound around us, only reduce it to safe levels, while still allowing us to live life.

Concerts, Clubing, Mowing Grass, Married with Children, The List Goes On...

AND... Best of all, there is no amp required!!!

Jim

PS They look great while doing it too and Chicks Dig Em!

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 47
Quote:
i do not think these are iems. just earplugs

As astrosurf already said, they have dynamic drivers in them.  They aren't earplugs, and shouldn't be used for that purpose actually.  If you look at the actual specs, it has a rated 12-16 dB isolation from sound.  Earplugs generally get 20-26 dB, some with active components can go upwards to 32.  Etymotic IEMs can be used as earplugs if need be as well as they tend to isolate the same amount.  

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #12 of 47
look at the cable connector. there is not any metal. what you call dynamic driver is just a filter. on v-moda website they are not listed in category inears. believe me, they are nothing but earplugs to calm down ambient noise.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #13 of 47
Just look at the picture with them in the case, there's no jack or any sort to plug into a source so i dont think that can be an IEM. Unless there's some sci-fi tech behind this, of course

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #15 of 47
It's not an IEM.  Amazon has a product explanation available.  It's a partial earplug/filter with different sized silicone tips the same as an IEM.

+1

http://www.chipchick.com/2012/01/v-moda-faders-review-2012.html

May as well just stick any cheap IEM in your ear and leave it unplugged,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back