V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
May 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #1,606 of 2,828
Quote:
I think I broke them in, i made a 5.5 inch head model and put them on it, and now after 2 days they almost dont hurt at all..

Awesome. Good to "hear" man.

May 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,607 of 2,828
Quote:
I just got my M-80's today and im experiencing a rattle type noise when the bass is exposed. I noticed it pretty bad on Wings for Marie by Tool. It was only on the Left ear-cup. Has anyone else had this happen or is it just the song with the headphone. I really dont want to have to return them but its really ugly and annoying. The song sounds fine with my Pro700MkII's but that might be because they are suppose to be able to handle it, so any feed back would be nice. Oh and this is just after 3 hours of Burn in.

Excuse my grammar. It sucks.

I have never heard a rattle noise coming from mine.  I would suggest trying a different song and/or source and just see how it sounds.  If the rattle noise continues contact V-moda about an exchange because you might have gotten a defective pair.  No matter what you buy, that just happens sometimes.

And hey Val you mentioned some sorta way for us to get our hands on some discounted new cables or something so we can use the new improved mic? Any update there?

May 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #1,608 of 2,828
Here's me sporting my White M80's. Whipped up this photo a few days ago super fast when I setup my Facebook Fanpage for my upcoming DJ/Production alias Ambassador Slick. Absolutely adore these headphones, I use them pretty much everywhere! Been using them most frequently while learning how to produce using Ableton, in which they certainly come in handy. Thanks again for everything Val, much appreciated!

May 12, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #1,609 of 2,828
Quote:
Here's me sporting my White M80's. Whipped up this photo a few days ago super fast when I setup my Facebook Fanpage for my upcoming DJ/Production alias Ambassador Slick. Absolutely adore these headphones, I use them pretty much everywhere! Been using them most frequently while learning how to produce using Ableton, in which they certainly come in handy. Thanks again for everything Val, much appreciated!

Perfecto, looks GREAT! Funny you mention Ableton, my PERSONAL use case on the team was to make M-80 a mobile production headphone when I use Ableton Live on tour for mastering/making remixes, mashups and live set recordings. Of course, other teammates and the others that tuned had other use cases, but my goal was a response curve I could trust was flat yet "juicy".  I strongly feel the M-80 is the best on-ear producer headphone as the mids are flat (vs dip) and the highs don't spike like many other "studio" models.  I talked to a lot of producers the last few weeks about the same thing, too many studio headphones spike!

PS - have you seen the new Traktor 2.5 Remix decks coming out?

FOR EVERYONE, FREE PLAYER W REAL TIME FREQUENCY ANALYZER HELPS JUDGE HEADPHONES BETTER
I urge everybody to get Serato Scratch Live or Traktor to use as a media player as it has a color-coded FR analyzer that let's you SEE how the track was mastered in real time!  As Paul Oakenfold & Tiesto both told me when I started, "KNOW YOUR TRACKS INSIDE AND OUT".  You can't judge a headphone without knowing how the song was mixed/mastered IMO.  You can set loops to compare the same section of songs w diff headphones too...

Here is how one of my new songs looks:

and one of my fav mastered songs, Sharam Dont Say A Word:

Michael Jackson Billie Jean is great, so is Beat It:

May 12, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,610 of 2,828
Quote:

Stylin my friend...Stylin.

May 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,611 of 2,828
I have never heard a rattle noise coming from mine.  I would suggest trying a different song and/or source and just see how it sounds.  If the rattle noise continues contact V-moda about an exchange because you might have gotten a defective pair.  No matter what you buy, that just happens sometimes.

And hey Val you mentioned some sorta way for us to get our hands on some discounted new cables or something so we can use the new improved mic? Any update there?

Thanks! It turns out it wasn't the drivers, or not directly. It seems something is lose in side so I'm sending them to vmoda to see if they repair or just send me new one.

May 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,612 of 2,828
Quote:

Perfecto, looks GREAT! Funny you mention Ableton, my PERSONAL use case on the team was to make M-80 a mobile production headphone when I use Ableton Live on tour for mastering/making remixes, mashups and live set recordings. Of course, other teammates and the others that tuned had other use cases, but my goal was a response curve I could trust was flat yet "juicy".  I strongly feel the M-80 is the best on-ear producer headphone as the mids are flat (vs dip) and the highs don't spike like many other "studio" models.  I talked to a lot of producers the last few weeks about the same thing, too many studio headphones spike!

FOR EVERYONE, FREE PLAYER W REAL TIME FREQUENCY ANALYZER HELPS JUDGE HEADPHONES BETTER
I urge everybody to get Serato Scratch Live or Traktor to use as a media player as it has a color-coded FR analyzer that let's you SEE how the track was mastered in real time!  As Paul Oakenfold & Tiesto both told me when I started, "KNOW YOUR TRACKS INSIDE AND OUT".  You can't judge a headphone without knowing how the song was mixed/mastered IMO.  You can set loops to compare the same section of songs w diff headphones too...

Thanks! I just threw the pic together super fast as well! Going to have my friend who is a photographer and fellow aspiring DJ/Producer take some photos for me in the following month when I finalize my image. Still up in the air if I want to stick with the Fedora or go with a Top Hat for performances as I definitely want to form an image around my performer name "Ambassador Slick". Any thoughts/opinions?

Also I think I know exactly what your referring to, I'm quite excited if I do say so myself! Even though I'm still rather a novice, I'm quite fond of Traktor. Learned the basics over the period of two weeks for my first gig a few weeks ago. Essentially ended up being the College Party of the year, 400-500 people showed up and I dropped a 1 1/2 hour set. Best of all I absolutely killed it, people we're talking about the party for days, phenomenal feeling! Me and my buddies, who I DJ with in our own little group (Hopefully starting a small DJ Business between the 3 of us this summer), just have some basic gear right now. We used the Numark Mixtrack Pro at the party, it certainly got the job done for what we needed it for, however we'll be looking to expand and upgrade our gear as time goes by so we're trying to keep up to track with current offerings and obviously Traktor gear (S2/S4 etc etc) are on our Radar.

Also I've highly recommended V-Moda to all of my buddies at this point. I'm the VP of the EDM Club at my University, and I'll be highly recommending V-Moda products to everyone who joins come Fall semester. I'll also be keeping a close eye on the M100's over time, might have to cave in and nab a pair once I have the cash!

May 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,613 of 2,828
Well, does the player have WASAPI or ASIO4ALL support? That would be great!
Quote:

May 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #1,615 of 2,828
I'm rather new to the head-fi community... but I recently sold my UE Triple-fi 10's. I needed something with less isolation and something I could wear at work. After much thought, research, and pure timing-- I finally got a pair of M80's. I was trying to wait for the white ones and the m100's, but I won an ebay auction at a price I couldn't turn down.

While I am patiently waiting for them to arrive, I was wondering what the best portable amp for them would be (under $100). Thanks!

EDIT: ok, I found the search this thread button!!!   my new question is--  cmoybb vs fiio e11  - any feedback is appreciated. :)

May 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #1,616 of 2,828
Quote:
I'm rather new to the head-fi community... but I recently sold my UE Triple-fi 10's. I needed something with less isolation and something I could wear at work. After much thought, research, and pure timing-- I finally got a pair of M80's. I was trying to wait for the white ones and the m100's, but I won an ebay auction at a price I couldn't turn down.

While I am patiently waiting for them to arrive, I was wondering what the best portable amp for them would be (under $100). Thanks!

EDIT: ok, I found the search this thread button!!!   my new question is--  cmoybb vs fiio e11  - any feedback is appreciated. :)

The best portable amp is the one you don't have to carry around. The M-80s don't need an external amp at all, IMO.

May 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #1,618 of 2,828
I got a cMoyBB v2.03 out of curiosity(and for the M-100) and though there is a slight SQ improvement, it's not a night and day difference. They actually affect my cheaper headphones(Philips the Stretch and MEElectronics M6) more dramatically by enhancing the bass. M-80 doesn't lack bass at all and I usually turn off the cMoy's bass boost for the M-80 because it gets a bit fatiguing listening to that much bass after a while. It does make Dubstep quite fun, though!

May 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #1,619 of 2,828
I've been going through the thread, and it seems like there's a real mix between whether these sound good with metal. Anyone here listen to death metal/black metal or similar stuff that can let me know how these sound with the genre? The hd 25's aren't really an option. I've tried a broken in pair for an extended session, and they hurt too much with my glasses on. Thanks guys!

May 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,620 of 2,828
Quote:
I've been going through the thread, and it seems like there's a real mix between whether these sound good with metal. Anyone here listen to death metal/black metal or similar stuff that can let me know how these sound with the genre? The hd 25's aren't really an option. I've tried a broken in pair for an extended session, and they hurt too much with my glasses on. Thanks guys!

The M-80 sounds good with any type of music, if you own an mp3 player with an equalizer you just change the equalizer settings and your metal will sound amazing. Trust me, M-80 are just an amazing pair of headphones (after you break them in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back