USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 11, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #406 of 6,159
The bubbleupnp just being updated to 2.4.01 and now this is not working anymore. Sigh...

Apparently they did this on purpose (see the response below) or this thread:  http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/play-qobuz-any-streamer-bubbleupnp-android-25075/

bubbleguuum 
user-offline.png

Newbie Join Date
May 2013

quote_icon.png
 Originally Posted by alubis 
Bubbleguuum what happened with the new release? I just got the latest update and now Bubbleupnp playlist can't be opened in USB Audio Player Pro. Can I rollback to the old version please?

What happened is that the workaround you found was not intended. 
If it was intended, I would have made possible to browse Qobuz fully from USB Audio Player via UPnP.

Now I understand you will be disappointed, and I'm sorry for that. But I had to fix it. 
However all is not lost: if you can convince the USB Audio Player developer to make it an UPnP renderer, then you'll be able to use BubbleUPNP to play to it (or send content from any other UPnP app).
Since there's already UPnP/DLNA browsing ability, maybe he will be opened to this idea.
And it will make his app even more useful.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #407 of 6,159
thanks alubis for getting this followed up.

Mr Wentzler, your go...

Anyway , uninstall the new BubbleUPnp, download and install earlier version, tell play store not to auto update .

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #409 of 6,159
What usb DAC you are using? I never seen that before my Z1c (on KitKat 4.4.4) always uses 16/44 FLAC/WAV output with UAPP.

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #410 of 6,159
Never seen that behavior either.

EDIT: Have you selected to playback via Android in settings by any chance?

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #413 of 6,159
  ^ Grrr... they removed the USB Audio support with the lollipop updated on the xperia z2 as well.  Would installing UAPP not work though? Isn't that what the app does (allows your phone's USB port to output audio)?  I don't want to downgrade back to kitkat!

Not on my Z2, for some reason it works with all apps.

Wait, you're saying the lollipop update didn't remove USB Audio support from your Z2?!  You're the only one I've seen that has made that claim online (or did I misread/misunderstand your post?).

Anyway, since mine isn't working, does anyone know if UAPP will fix this (allow my phone's USB port to output audio)?

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #414 of 6,159

^ Grrr... they removed the USB Audio support with the lollipop updated on the xperia z2 as well.  Would installing UAPP not work though? Isn't that what the app does (allows your phone's USB port to output audio)?  I don't want to downgrade back to kitkat!

Wait, you're saying the lollipop update didn't remove USB Audio support from your Z2?!  You're the only one I've seen that has made that claim online (or did I misread/misunderstand your post?).

Anyway, since mine isn't working, does anyone know if UAPP will fix this (allow my phone's USB port to output audio)?

No, you didn't. I am actually playing music through the USB-OTG with my Sony Xperia Z2, which runs Lollipop,using all the apps on it (Music, Google Play, Gone Mad, Youtube, you name it). Why others can't play I do not know, but I am quite sure I am not the only one who does, I checked before upgrading. Maybe it is because I made a clean install (first reset to factory settings and then upgraded to Lollipop).

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #415 of 6,159

No, you didn't. I am actually playing music through the USB-OTG with my Sony Xperia Z2, which runs Lollipop,using all the apps on it (Music, Google Play, Gone Mad, Youtube, you name it). Why others can't play I do not know, but I am quite sure I am not the only one who does, I checked before upgrading. Maybe it is because I made a clean install (first reset to factory settings and then upgraded to Lollipop).

My Z1 is clearly not working with USB DAC on any app since the update. Going to try a factory reset I guess.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #416 of 6,159

Hmmm, that could be it - thanks for your reply.  I'm wondering if Sony will be releasing a fix?  I'd rather not have to factory reset/wipe my phone and do a fresh install just to get USB audio working again... but, I guess I but will if I have to... or, if installing UAPP will fix it, I'll just buy it and save myself the hassle (hoping someone can shed some light on that - google isn't helping)!

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #417 of 6,159
Wait... is kostaszag on the latest of latest Lollipop 5.1.1 or the buggy 5.0.2?

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #418 of 6,159
Just did a factory restore, still not working on my Z1.

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #419 of 6,159
Wait... is kostaszag on the latest of latest Lollipop 5.1.1 or the buggy 5.0.2?

I had the 5.0.2 until yesterday. Last night I upgraded to 5.1.1. Everything still working alright.

According to danba 's list here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XYy1FuzDUeX2t4TmJRbVZsaVE/edit all Xperia Z phones should be compatible with USB-dacs. Maybe something else is wrong, perhaps your dac, or OTG cable.  

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #420 of 6,159

I had the 5.0.2 until yesterday. Last night I upgraded to 5.1.1. Everything still working alright.

According to danba 's list here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XYy1FuzDUeX2t4TmJRbVZsaVE/edit all Xperia Z phones should be compatible with USB-dacs. Maybe something else is wrong, perhaps your dac, or OTG cable.  

I am in Canada, so no upgrade from Bell to 5.1.1 yet for me.

danba's list was created before the Lollipop update (when USB Audio used to work with all Xperia Z phones).

Anyway, not sure if this has been posted here or not, but you can download a free trial of UAPP here: http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back