Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Jun 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #1,171 of 1,958
I only said it was a guess, and that the current "pause" in the development can lead some to wait quite a while (one asked about AMD support and may not want to wait 2 months or so if he's not aware of the situation).
And I didn't said they dropped totally the HiFace drivers development, I meant this seems to be the case for the moment as there's no news about new drivers since around 2 months and that may keep going for a while as they're working on something else.
Not blaming them for that, I guess they're not many to work on the projects so it takes time, and it's nice if they keep the same implementation keeping the current base of the HiFace design also. Even better if they improve the drivers, as I said before I'm hoping this too.

I'm not trying to give a shot to their work, I just wanted to inform that the steady floating situation about no new driver releases at the moment and maybe for the next two months may not suit to the one who was asking for AMD chipset support, as he doesn't have clicks and pops but no sound at all with his HiFace.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #1,172 of 1,958
Update.

Now the Hiface work !!!

It's work with my front panel usb.

It work if I plug in 2 of my front panel usb , 1 for usb wireless adapter & 1 for the Hiface

If I plug in only the Hiface alone it's not work.  I don't know why ..

Anyway It's work with my new PC so I don't care.

My PC case is Cooler Master CM 690 II Advance.

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #1,173 of 1,958
Weird. Glad that you found a workaround and that it finally works for you. No more matter of new driver waiting
smile_phones.gif

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #1,174 of 1,958

Quote:
Update.

Now the Hiface work !!!

It's work with my front panel usb.

It work if I plug in 2 of my front panel usb , 1 for usb wireless adapter & 1 for the Hiface

If I plug in only the Hiface alone it's not work.  I don't know why ..

Anyway It's work with my new PC so I don't care.

My PC case is Cooler Master CM 690 II Advance.

Curious why you're using a USB wireless adapter instead of a wireless card with a new computer, Kemosabe.

USG

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #1,176 of 1,958

Quote:
I only said it was a guess, and that the current "pause" in the development can lead some to wait quite a while (one asked about AMD support and may not want to wait 2 months or so if he's not aware of the situation).
And I didn't said they dropped totally the HiFace drivers development, I meant this seems to be the case for the moment as there's no news about new drivers since around 2 months and that may keep going for a while as they're working on something else.
Not blaming them for that, I guess they're not many to work on the projects so it takes time, and it's nice if they keep the same implementation keeping the current base of the HiFace design also. Even better if they improve the drivers, as I said before I'm hoping this too.

I'm not trying to give a shot to their work, I just wanted to inform that the steady floating situation about no new driver releases at the moment and maybe for the next two months may not suit to the one who was asking for AMD chipset support, as he doesn't have clicks and pops but no sound at all with his HiFace.

No, I know you are not attacking M2tech as I'm not defending them - I'm also just guessing. I just hoped my perspective might put the new products in a different light & hopefully will lead to stronger & better developed drivers!

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,177 of 1,958

uote:

Curious why you're using a USB wireless adapter instead of a wireless card with a new computer, Kemosabe.

USG

The usb wireless adapter is my backup component.
I'm to lazy to put my wireless card pci adapter ( Netgear WN311B ) on my new PC (cause it's on my old pc).

Well I don't know why it can use only my front panel usb. I try to plugin my usb wireless adapter & the Hiface on the back panel usb but the Hiface didn't work. ( all of my back panel usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 even my pci-e to usb 2.0 nec chipset)

My usb wireless adapter is Trendnet TEW-424UB.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #1,178 of 1,958

Quote:

The usb wireless adapter is my backup component.
I'm to lazy to put my wireless card pci adapter ( Netgear WN311B ) on my new PC (cause it's on my old pc).

Well I don't know why it can use only my front panel usb. I try to plugin my usb wireless adapter & the Hiface on the back panel usb but the Hiface didn't work. ( all of my back panel usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 even my pci-e to usb 2.0 nec chipset)

My usb wireless adapter is Trendnet TEW-424UB.

Are you sure all your USB ports working and have full power?

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #1,180 of 1,958
Just an email to Marco can give us some hope!
Here is the reply:

Gerard,

you're right to complain and we're really ashamed of the delay in addressing 
this issue. We are a small company and we had to face several different 
problems on the road, but I'm sure you're not interested in excuses... We 
have now a testbench on which we can replicate the problem and we hope to 
release the new driver soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Marco

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #1,182 of 1,958
Gang,

Someone just emailed me the link... Since I know a little about clocks and oscillators let me tell you a few things.

First it is correct that any change in the circuitry can change the sound, even with a USB to SPDIF converter. Using batteries of any kind can be a real hit or miss if you cannot test the low frequency noise for the end result. I use a modified Stanford Research SR760 to test all oscillator used for audio. This with correction is good to test noise below 1nVrms at about 100mHz (yes milli hertz). Oscillators and audio really require ultra low noise regulation below 10Hz. This is a very audible range for oscillators. Also above that and too about 1KHz were then the noise becomes less of an issue since it tends to cancel itself out.

I have used both high end regulators and discrete regulators as well as SLA and Lithium Ion. Really without a way to test it you would never know. Though it is possible to test with ear, it can be also very frustrating as some of you have realized. For example... in my highend stuff with discrete supplies I am getting better than 10nVrms with some discrete regulation. Using a batter before that (SLA) I get a little better.... but the sound is also different.

I have now 8 different USB to SPDIF converters that I developed over the last 3 years. Some with LiIon some without... The big problem with some of the Lithium Ion batteries is they have a ton of low frequency noise below 60Hz. This should be taken into account because most regulators will let most of that pass as they are designed to filter between 50-120Hz to be effective for use with standard power supplies.

The big deal maybe in the end, to change out the oscillators all together. Many of the off the shelf parts require tons of regulation to get them even close to the specs they talk about in the data sheets. I spent almost six months with the QA engineer with Crystek to design the discrete units I use. Their supplies for use with their test sets are below 1nVrms at 1Hz. They are simply crazy designs but they have good repeatability and something required for that industry.

Thanks
Gordon

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,183 of 1,958
I am really enjoying my hiFace using Foobar2000 and WASAPI.

My only problem is that when playing games in Windows 7 x64, the sound starts skipping after about 10 to 15 mins. I have to restart the game to fix the issue until it returns again in another 10 to 15 minutes.

I sent M2Tech an email regarding this.

Anyone else with this issue?

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #1,184 of 1,958

Quote:
I am really enjoying my hiFace using Foobar2000 and WASAPI.

My only problem is that when playing games in Windows 7 x64, the sound starts skipping after about 10 to 15 mins. I have to restart the game to fix the issue until it returns again in another 10 to 15 minutes.

I sent M2Tech an email regarding this.

Anyone else with this issue?

Hi Zorlac

I have experienced some intermittent skipping while using foobar with internet radio and to a much lesser extent with regular files. Although, random and infrequent, I also found a similar skipping with netflix movies.

Restarting the stream usually fixes it.  In rare instances I have to restart foobar.

USG

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #1,185 of 1,958
Seems like a "shared" mode issue rather than an "exclusive" mode because I have not had the skipping problem in WASAPI. Only non-WASAPI content like games.

I hope this can be fixed because I really like the hiFace and plan to purchase the EVO when it releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back