UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Nov 6, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,051 of 1,138
I b
For those who have a DAC that requires 5V power from the USB Regen, try testing this $5.00, 6-inch Belkin USB cable as an alternative to the hard adapter or anything else you've tried using between the USB Regen and your DAC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067RMY

It's only five dollars. Try it and draw your own conclusions, with an open mind and diligent listening.

I am thrilled with this cable, personally.

YMMV, but if it doesn't make an improvement, you can always post a reply saying, "Thanks a lot for talking me into wasting five bucks, Mike!"  

:)

Mike

I bought this over a year ago and have found no discernible difference between it and the hard adapter supplied by Uptone - it's a cheap, no brained alternative!

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #1,052 of 1,138

For those who have a DAC that requires 5V power from the USB Regen, try testing this $5.00, 6-inch Belkin USB cable as an alternative to the hard adapter or anything else you've tried using between the USB Regen and your DAC.

It's only five dollars. Try it and draw your own conclusions, with an open mind and diligent listening.

YMMV, but if it doesn't make an improvement, you can always post a reply saying, "Thanks a lot for talking me into wasting five bucks, Mike!"  

Mike

I have that cable, I found it certainly to be on the bright side - could be great depending on your setup. I feel like I have to put some disclaimer when mentioning cables sounding different, because I used to be very skeptical myself until I had a decent system. Anyway

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,053 of 1,138

Mike

Thanks a lot for talking me into wasting five bucks, Mike! I found the short cable that came with the Regen sounded better than this Belkin. In fact, it's thicker meaning either thicker gauge, more shielding, or both!

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,054 of 1,138
^ LOL  YMMV  
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,055 of 1,138

Thanks a lot for talking me into wasting five bucks, Mike! I found the short cable that came with the Regen sounded better than this Belkin. In fact, it's thicker meaning either thicker gauge, more shielding, or both!

Well the last time I bought one of those Belkin cables--expecting it to be thick like the one in the photo and like the 1/2-meter one I've had for years--I was disappointed to receive a crappy thin one.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,057 of 1,138
I can't find clear answer for one my question. I want to order USB silver clear Cable 30cm from Terminal HP 5730 for USB Uptone Regen . For uptone Regen I have Linear Power Supply 7,5V/2,5A . My DAC M2Tech Hiface dac is plugged directly to Uptone Regen.
My question is : which solution will be better , cut only +5V or also GND pin ?

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,058 of 1,138
It would be smarter to cut neither, and just put electrical tape over the appropriate pins on the connectors themselves.  Better resale value, and electrically identical performance.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #1,060 of 1,138
There's also the LH Labs revive.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,064 of 1,138
Just a quick impression.

Schiit Mimby  - I haven't heard this but i loaned the regen to a freind and withing 30 minutes he bought one for himself has been raving about it ever since.
Schiit Bimby - Easily noticeable improvements in instrument separation and better detail in both sub bass and highs.
Schiit Gumby - Maybe there was a difference, maybe not. If there was it wasn't dramatic.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #1,065 of 1,138
I ordered a Regen today and am looking forward to using it in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back