Upgraded foobar and am really annoyed!!
Feb 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jilgiljongiljing

Headphoneus Supremus
I realized today that I hadnt updated foobar in a while and thought I'd give the 9.6.2 release a shot. Got it up, I like the new quick UI changing thingy that pops up and shows you various styles, and auto refresh media library is a huge PLUS for me.

And then I setup my media library, configured my usual keyboard shortcuts and ASIO and hit play. I listed my whole media library, picked a song, hit play, and then hit shuffle and next.

To my horror, the damn things playlist does not follow to the song thats now playing, instead it still shows the first song that I selected and the songs details. This is a major pain, when I have to manually scroll through thousands of songs to find the song thats currently playing if I want to change some info, find out more about it, or just plain select another song in the same album.

This wasnt the case on my older version, it used to follow the playlist nicely. I am so pissed, I dont even have the older install file to go back and am not sure what I was running. Does anyone know if this is an option, and I can select something to get this feature back?

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 11
I think you want "Cursor follows playback" to be checked, under Playback menu. This will make the cursor/selection box zoom into the song when it next starts/play/etc. That is, if I'm reading this right... I always kept my foobar on default GUI.

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 11
LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

It always surprises me to what extent people will go to complain about something rather than trying to fix it.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 11
to be perfectly honest theres no point in upgrading past 0.9.5.0, and you shouldn't. 0.8.x was pretty good as well. Slowly becoming bloatier and having less 3rd party support. No thanks.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, there was a time where you could laugh at those people using winamp over foobar, but nowadays I am using winamp more than foobar. How outdated, closed minded and elitist those foobar developers are really get on my nerves.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 11
The latest version is not always the "best"...
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 11
Damn guys that was simple. I feel like a total idiot
smily_headphones1.gif

That was simple, Thanks to those who actually helped.

Agree with rederanged, the media auto refresh is HUGE for me.

scytheavatar, I havent tried winamp in a loooong time, maybe I'll give that a shot just to see how I like it.

FallenAngel, I did try searching, I couldnt come up with the exact term "cursor follows playback" myself, so all my searches ended in dead ends. And I was looking all over the preferences and playlist tabs and couldnt find anything, it just so happened that I missed the playback tab.

I'm not dumb to just rant about something without giving any effort to try and figure it out, I would appreciate attributing some intelligence to me after being here for this long, your attitude is just pathetic, people make mistakes and sometimes the solution is simple sometimes it isnt. In this case it was simple, but it could've bloody well been "no you cant do that anymore", so don't act like a know it all prick.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, there was a time where you could laugh at those people using winamp over foobar, but nowadays I am using winamp more than foobar. How outdated, closed minded and elitist those foobar developers are really get on my nerves.

excuse me whilst i relax with my gapless playback
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back