UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5
Feb 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #601 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a question about burning in of the USB DAC amp

when i burn in them via the usb cable , is the DAC section that is burning in or both the DAC and AMP are concurrently burning in?

thanks
smile.gif

Both, but for many the burn-in time is different. Ray Samuels recommended 200 hours through the Predator DAC but 600 hours for the amp, so after the 1st 200 hours you could switch to any analog source for the remainder of the burn-in.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #602 of 1,096
Quote:

Just a question about burning in of the USB DAC amp

when i burn in them via the usb cable , is the DAC section that is burning in or both the DAC and AMP are concurrently burning in?

thanks
smile.gif

Depends on the amp.

If, for instance, it's a D3 and you're using the line-out then the amp isn't on so is not being burned in.

Steven.

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #603 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With LTC6241HV in the main socket and LMH6655 (or was it the 6622) it sounds similar to the Predator. A little warmer and intimate, but not too forward. Oddly I was getting 7 hours out of the battery with this, which made no sense. Good with IEM and full size cans.

Just rolled by D2 with LTC6241HV for LR and the LMH6655 for ground socket and like what you've stated, the battery life is around 6 - 7 hrs. What other opamps you recommend to have a good warm bass, mid and high?

Can I connect the power supply when using the D2 Viper?

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #604 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenarrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just rolled by D2 with LTC6241HV for LR and the LMH6655 for ground socket and like what you've stated, the battery life is around 6 - 7 hrs. What other opamps you recommend to have a good warm bass, mid and high?

Can I connect the power supply when using the D2 Viper?

LM6172 main and THS4032 ground - better battery life than what you tried above but still not the best battery (IIRC over 10 and less than 15), great powerful sound and bass, nice and warm with clear detailed mids and highs.

LM4562 main and LM6172 ground - best battery life of 17 hours, offers a good balanced neutral and crisp spacious sound without losing the warmth (i.e. warmer than THS4032 main and LM6172 ground). This is what I settled on as what would stay in it, until jma790 begged me to sell it to him, and since I had the D3 and D2 Boa I agreed to sell it.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #605 of 1,096
Quote:

LM6172 main and THS4032 ground - better battery life than what you tried above but still not the best battery (IIRC over 10 and less than 15), great powerful sound and bass, nice and warm with clear detailed mids and highs.

LM4562 main and LM6172 ground - best battery life of 17 hours, offers a good balanced neutral and crisp spacious sound without losing the warmth (i.e. warmer than THS4032 main and LM6172 ground). This is what I settled on as what would stay in it, until jma790 begged me to sell it to him, and since I had the D3 and D2 Boa I agreed to sell it.

Where can I purchase the opamps as mentioned? Can these opamps drive those high end headphones?

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #607 of 1,096
sorry , this question may seemed foolish but :

i'm using predator. when i'm playing the music halfway , everything just stopped. the power switch remained on but it is no longer red lit. i off and on twice and got the same reaction. i took out from my pocket and put on the table to try again , this time the music just continue without stopping.

is it the battery going to be running flat or some other problem?
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #608 of 1,096
Quote:

Hey!!
frown.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #609 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenarrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I purchase the opamps as mentioned? Can these opamps drive those high end headphones?

PM HiFlight and he can help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, Mr. Addict, for the cost conscious buyer, it seems as though the Nuforce is the logical option. Everything else costs 2+ times more. Is this a fair judgment?

No, the budget or mid priced amps like Nuforce, V1 and D2 Boa all have areas where to excel, and areas where they are not as good. You should use the comments in the review with regard to headphones and music types to make your decision.

Quote:

sorry , this question may seemed foolish but :

i'm using predator. when i'm playing the music halfway , everything just stopped. the power switch remained on but it is no longer red lit. i off and on twice and got the same reaction. i took out from my pocket and put on the table to try again , this time the music just continue without stopping.

is it the battery going to be running flat or some other problem?
confused_face(1).gif

No idea. I would PM Ray.

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #613 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In your review can you consider even the amping's quality from the Hp-out plesae?!
jecklinsmile.gif

Edit: maybe it's a stupid request but I have just Hp-out

I will listen to the analog input to make sure it doesn't suck (like the Stock D1) or make sure that it isn't substantially different from the DAC input.

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #614 of 1,096
Quote:

PM HiFlight and he can help you.

No, the budget or mid priced amps like Nuforce, V1 and D2 Boa all have areas where to excel, and areas where they are not as good. You should use the comments in the review with regard to headphones and music types to make your decision.

No idea. I would PM Ray.

i knew already. it was because it was really battery flat , not the amp problem.

how dumb i am.
ph34r.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #615 of 1,096
Just purchased a AKG K702 can. Can the D2 Viper supports this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back