Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,196 of 3,931
The warranty policy is the same across all distributors since it is stated by the UM lab. 

As for the refits, the policy is consistent as well. And as for US customers, you also just have to notify us within your refit period. Customers dealt with me before know that it's fine to go over some days as long as you told me before. 

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Kunlun.

Warranty

Re-shells are covered by our standard one year on the shell.  Drivers are not covered.  For upgrades we'll cover the additional driver/drivers for a year.  Haven't had one fail on us yet.  Yes we can figure out which driver is damaged and if its not ours we'll charge you for the repair.  Naturally, sockets, wiring etc, all covered for one year.

Refits

30 days for a re-shell.  We at UMG have a notification only policy.  You must notify us of your intent to return them within 30 days for a refit, but we do want you to get your impressions to us ASAP for them to be refitted.

With our re-shelling service, you can pretty much guarantee that the most a fix is going to cost you is the full price of a re-shell, if say you stomp on your IEM's.  Regarding driver damage, the worst that can happen is that we need to replace the driver, usually around $50 a pop.

Apart from our promo customers, we haven't left anyone out there to dry yet....JOKES.

May 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #3,197 of 3,931
Hi, sorry for reposting but is it possible to turn the LW Trips + Extra Driver into the UM Mage if they have identical drivers?

May 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #3,199 of 3,931
Quote:
No, the Mage is NOT a LW3, (UM3x or W3 or any other TWFK + CI) + one extra driver.  It is much more than that!

Aww.. I assumed they could because they have similar drivers although I realise the Mage has been meticulously tuned to perfection.

Seeing as my hopes of getting something similar to the Mage has been dashed, can I send in 2x TWFK and 2x CI22955's and get them wired into the LW3's with one of your crossovers?

May 5, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #3,200 of 3,931
Quote:
Aww.. I assumed they could because they have similar drivers although I realise the Mage has been meticulously tuned to perfection.

Seeing as my hopes of getting something similar to the Mage has been dashed, can I send in 2x TWFK and 2x CI22955's and get them wired into the LW3's with one of your crossovers?

frankenstein doesn't always work... you can't just slap more drivers in there and expect it to sound better... LW3 has 1 TWFK and 1 CI in each side already... UM upgrade of LW3 is taking out the CI and add 2 DTEC units (2 drivers in each) for mid and low... I don't see how adding another TWFK and CI in there can help.. maybe 1 TWFK for high 1 TWFK for mid... and 2 CI for low... it just sounds pretty freaky.. and tuning such werid design is going to be hard...

May 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #3,202 of 3,931
After trawling through 2k+ posts I can say that the x6 upgrade will improve imaging and soundstage, add a bit of sparkle at the top, and extend the bass. The sm3 is a great universal though (perhaps one of the best?) so I personally wouldn't remould it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I saw very few x4 upgrades.

May 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #3,203 of 3,931
After trawling through 2k+ posts I can say that the x6 upgrade will improve imaging and soundstage, add a bit of sparkle at the top, and extend the bass. The sm3 is a great universal though (perhaps one of the best?) so I personally wouldn't remould it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I saw very few x4 upgrades.

judging by the FR of the standard Sm3x6 chart you get a variation on the UM standard house sound (bit of a dip in the lower mids and upper bass). It'd sound nothing like SM3.

May 8, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #3,209 of 3,931
Does anyone know if the um3x 6 driver upgrade has low volume performance issues (one person said that the um3x developed flabby bass at low volumes)? I think I'll be going for the LW3x4 though... I'd rather not a radical change in sound sig, just  a boost in the bass performace. I presume the LW3x4 won't change radically compared to the LW3 right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdwikZoXzA&feature=relmfu

this is how UE makes customs.. interesting video

May 10, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #3,210 of 3,931
In my personal experience I would say no, the bass isn't flabby or bloated. However the additional drivers did make my IEMs more revealing, and garbage in = garbage out. With dubstep they sound awesome as the bass has more definition. I do warn there have been songs I listened to with my ue trips with out noticing any bloated bass, or issues with the recording,  but after the upgrade to um X 6 I noticed  pronounced bass issues with certain recordings as well as higher frequency issues. As a control for comparison I then re-listened to the same song with another set of full size cans which were more forgiving looking specifically for this new unwelcomed sound, and although the sound issue was not as pronounced it was definitely present, so in conclusion with properly recorded music the upgraded ue trips to um x6 remolds  sound phenomenal, and do not have bloated bass issues, imho. Looks like I'll be listening to a lot of radio head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back