Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #2,027 of 3,153
I've had my Miracles for a couple of weeks by now, and have been using it extensively as I've been travelling a lot. Fit is absolutely prefect.
Source has been laptop -> Leckerton UHA-6S -> Miracle, or  iPhone 4s -> Leckerton 6S -> Miracle, or iPhone 4S -> Miracle. All depending on whether I'm around my laptop or too lazy to plug in the amp.

The DAC definitely improves the sound from the laptop, and the amp alone also improves the quality significantly over the iPhone. It's still 100% listenable straight from the iPhone, but the amp def. helps it out a lot.

Overall though, I would say that the IEM is not worth the $949 price tag at all. Nowhere near it, and probably never will be unless spending another thousand dollars on an amp will magically improve the sound. Granted, it's the best thing I've heard in my life, but I would rather go through 3 Westone 4s than use the Miracles for however long they'll last (Hopefully through two reshells).

Sorry for the hastily written "review", although it isn't one. This is 100% subjective as I'm not a fan of scrolling though pages of measured objective numbers. I'm also in China at the moment, and the internet here is s****y as heck, so I disconnect every few minutes.

TL,DR: Amazing IEMs, best thing I've ever heard. But not worth anywhere near the $950. I'd much rather go through three Westone 4s at that price. If asked me to value these, I'd put it between $500-650.

Well, to be fair it is handcrafted for each customers ear impressions. That is a major factor in pricing.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #2,030 of 3,153
Quote:
I've had my Miracles for a couple of weeks by now, and have been using it extensively as I've been travelling a lot. Fit is absolutely prefect.
Source has been laptop -> Leckerton UHA-6S -> Miracle, or  iPhone 4s -> Leckerton 6S -> Miracle, or iPhone 4S -> Miracle. All depending on whether I'm around my laptop or too lazy to plug in the amp.

The DAC definitely improves the sound from the laptop, and the amp alone also improves the quality significantly over the iPhone. It's still 100% listenable straight from the iPhone, but the amp def. helps it out a lot.

Overall though, I would say that the IEM is not worth the $949 price tag at all. Nowhere near it, and probably never will be unless spending another thousand dollars on an amp will magically improve the sound. Granted, it's the best thing I've heard in my life, but I would rather go through 3 Westone 4s than use the Miracles for however long they'll last (Hopefully through two reshells).

Sorry for the hastily written "review", although it isn't one. This is 100% subjective as I'm not a fan of scrolling though pages of measured objective numbers. I'm also in China at the moment, and the internet here is s****y as heck, so I disconnect every few minutes.

TL,DR: Amazing IEMs, best thing I've ever heard. But not worth anywhere near the $950. I'd much rather go through three Westone 4s at that price. If asked me to value these, I'd put it between $500-650.

I frankly can't understand your point. You say it's the best you have heard in your life and the fit is perfect. What more do you want? High end is high end - also in terms of price unfortunately. The price-performance ratio goes drastically down when you reach the best of the best level - and this goes for any item in any category. A wine expert (a top wine producer) once said it will cost 100% more to make a wine 10% better. So I am quite sure that this goes for anything and at all times - also IEMs or CIEMs.

Your source is very good, but isn't the best there is? To get something sounding better wil cost you $$$$$ more. That's how things are.

Miracle scales very nicely with better sources and amps, because it's very transparent and highly resolving. Try the Miracle compared side by side to high end full size headphones at the same price level (or even higher) with a high end DAC & amp. From my own experience I can tell you that the Miracle will show you it's very well worth it's money in that comparison - more so than the full size 'phones. I own HE-6 and LCD-2 and have heard LCD-3, HD800 and TH900. Miracle is actually the cheapest in that company, but it's CLEARLY the best in terms of frequency response (closest to neutral) and it's at the same level in terms of transparency and resolution. To me it really lives up to it's name: a MIRACLE.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #2,031 of 3,153
Quote:
I frankly can't understand your point. You say it's the best you have heard in your life and the fit is perfect. What more do you want? High end is high end - also in terms of price unfortunately. The price-performance ratio goes drastically down when you reach the best of the best level - and this goes for any item in any category. A wine expert (a top wine producer) once said it will cost 100% more to make a wine 10% better. So I am quite sure that this goes for anything and at all times - also IEMs or CIEMs.

Your source is very good, but isn't the best there is? To get something sounding better wil cost you $$$$$ more. That's how things are.

Miracle scales very nicely with better sources and amps, because it's very transparent and highly resolving. Try the Miracle compared side by side to high end full size headphones at the same price level (or even higher) with a high end DAC & amp. From my own experience I can tell you that the Miracle will show you it's very well worth it's money in that comparison - more so than the full size 'phones. I own HE-6 and LCD-2 and have heard LCD-3, HD800 and TH900. Miracle is actually the cheapest in that company, but it's CLEARLY the best in terms of frequency response (closest to neutral) and it's at the same level in terms of transparency and resolution. To me it really lives up to it's name: a MIRACLE.

+1 :3

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #2,032 of 3,153
Yeah, I find that the Miracles sound awesome, but the build quality I'm not so sure. Other people seem not to have this problem though, so it's probably just my pair. 
Edit: Pretty useless 100th post...

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #2,033 of 3,153
Quote:

Yes, saying it's the best thing I've heard in my life isn't saying much though. I'll try out better source/amp when I have more money to waste. My point is, the diminishing returns kicked in quite a bit quicker than I expected.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #2,034 of 3,153
Quote:

The Leckerton 6S doesn't have a great reputation as a USB DAC. I'm not saying that to knock your setup though - My point is that I can highly recommend spending some time with the Miracles and a high quality source (e.g. DX100, AK100 amped or modded, Xiio X3) or with a stronger DAC in the chain. I definitely notice a difference between my DragonFly (which is quite a good USB DAC) and my AK100 or laptop via Audio-gd NFB-5.2 DAC.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #2,035 of 3,153
Quote:
Yes, saying it's the best thing I've heard in my life isn't saying much though. I'll try out better source/amp when I have more money to waste. My point is, the diminishing returns kicked in quite a bit quicker than I expected.

This is probably because of your source and/or amp limiting the SQ, I expect.

Also, the recordings you listen to needs to be super to reveal the quality of the Miracle. Listening to highly compressed pop/rock music won't display what it's capable of. Put on some acoustic music recorded beautifully and you will hear what it can do.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,036 of 3,153
Quote:

" when I have more money to waste." And here is why you see things the way you do and most of us do not. We love audio and we do not see spending money on good quality gears, especially ones that how did you put it, 'make the best sound quality you ever heard in your life' 

You can express yours for sure, as opinions are like armpits people have two and sometimes they smell.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #2,037 of 3,153
Quote:
This is probably because of your source and/or amp limiting the SQ, I expect.

Also, the recordings you listen to needs to be super to reveal the quality of the Miracle. Listening to highly compressed pop/rock music won't display what it's capable of. Put on some acoustic music recorded beautifully and you will hear what it can do.

Well I wouldn't say his amp section is bad. The UHA6 MKII amp is very good especially for the price. But the DAC section IMO is the sore point and is not up to par with its amp section (it holds it back IMO). Now in terms of having it as an extra feature well that's still a big plus and it still sounds noticeably better than an iphone for that matter. But not up to par with the DACport LX or DX100 amped. Not by a long shot.

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2,038 of 3,153
Quote:
Well I wouldn't say his amp section is bad. The UHA6 MKII amp is very good especially for the price. But the DAC section IMO is the sore point and is not up to par with its amp section (it holds it back IMO). Now in terms of having it as an extra feature well that's still a big plus and it still sounds noticeably better than an iphone for that matter. But not up to par with the DACport LX or DX100 amped. Not by a long shot.

IMO, the Miracles really need a good source and amp for them to shine. I listened to it on the stock AK100 and it sounded much worse than my HDP-R10 so make sure the source is low impedance. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2,039 of 3,153
Quote:
IMO, the Miracles really need a good source and amp for them to shine. I listened to it on the stock AK100 and it sounded much worse than my HDP-R10 so make sure the source is low impedance. 

lin the UHA6 MKII amp section is better than the DX100 internal amp IMO :). It measures very well under load as well. Leckerton produces very good amps at reasonable prices with lots of features. Still the Tralucent T1 paired the best on the DX100 IMO. I preferred the Leckerton though on my desktop witht the DACport LX. :). YMMV.

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #2,040 of 3,153
Quote:
lin the UHA6 MKII amp section is better than the DX100 internal amp IMO :). It measures very well under load as well. Leckerton produces very good amps at reasonable prices with lots of features. Still the Tralucent T1 paired the best on the DX100 IMO. I preferred the Leckerton though on my desktop witht the DACport LX. :). YMMV.

I wonder how the Portaphile 627 would sound since it uses the same opamps, just more of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back