Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,246 of 3,153
Quote:
i only got sandisk clip+ and my PC, there is some ipads and iphones around me but i am to lazy to test on them xD

i tested the HD650 with a proper amp/dac setup so right now i wont say anything tell i test miralce with an amp and will update later once i get dac port LX.

any news about your order?

Mid of this month.
Bad news actually.
The Chinese Customs maybe inspect my impressions for at least a week.
(I think the reason might be the way of shipping in a huge patch.)
UM lab just got mine.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #1,247 of 3,153
Will start the process of acquiring a pair of the UM Miracles this week, getting ear impressions done and joining the many head fi-er acquaintances who has them already. They have spoken so highly of them! I am actually looking forward to the Miracles and feel they will indeed suit my preferences very much. I like the talk about their clarity and the large airy head space they are able to create
size]

It was a matter of either buying the Miracle or the JH13/16 first and the Miracles got the nod. Having said this, the JH13 are still my favorite pair of Customs that I have heard in demo form.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,248 of 3,153
Quote:
Will start the process of acquiring a pair of the UM Miracles this week, getting ear impressions done and joining the many head fi-er acquaintances who has them already. They have spoken so highly of them! I am actually looking forward to the Miracles and feel they will indeed suit my preferences very much. I like the talk about their clarity and the large airy head space they are able to create
size]

It was a matter of either buying the Miracle or the JH13/16 first and the Miracles got the nod. Having said this, the JH13 are still my favorite pair of Customs that I have heard in demo form.

Congrats! I hope they are everything your wanting them to be. I look forward to reading your impressions after you have listened to them.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,249 of 3,153
size]

Nice! I'd like to see ur thoughts 'bout the Miracles :blush:

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #1,250 of 3,153
Quote:
Congrats! I hope they are everything your wanting them to be. I look forward to reading your impressions after you have listened to them.

Quote:
Nice! I'd like to see ur thoughts 'bout the Miracles :blush:

Thanks....Yes I will surely let you my thoughts via PM

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,251 of 3,153
In relation to the staging discussions and comparison to the HD800s, I don't have the HD800s, but listened to the extensively some time ago and I don't believe the Miracles have the massively expansive soundstage of the HD800s.

There's no doubt that the Miracles' staging is outstanding for a CIEM, but it's not on par with the HD800s.

I'm looking forward to the return of my remoulded right Miracle soon so I can do a much more thorough review (and comparison with the Re272 for IEM staging). I'm also going to put the Miracles to the test with a range of DAPs including X7, iPod 5.5G, iPod Classic, Sansa Clip Zip, and eventually a Tera Player. I'll also include portable amps like the Fiio E11 and Tralucent T1 (driven by LOD from the 5.5G) in the comparisons.

So far I've found the Miracles to be pretty source-dependent so it'll be interesting to see where the best synergy lies.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,252 of 3,153
I think one shouldn't confuse Head space/stage of IEMs and actual soundstage of something like the HD800.

The HD800 projects a soundstage, it is ahead of you and resembles listening to speakers. IEMs generally creates headspace where most of the sounds emanates from inside the head and beyond.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #1,253 of 3,153
Quote:
I think one shouldn't confuse Head space/stage of IEMs and actual soundstage of something like the HD800.

The HD800 projects a soundstage, it is ahead of you and resembles listening to speakers. IEMs generally creates headspace where most of the sounds emanates from inside the head and beyond.

Great description - a much clearer way of looking at it

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,254 of 3,153
Quote:

Very helpful explanation.
So does it mean that IEMs usually can't make soundstage/headstage as real as headphones make?
The only headphone i have is PX200 by Sennheiser. Compared to the soundstage of PX200, EX1000 and To Go! 334 do sound unreal.
I do not count much on soundstage/headstage of Miracles will match HD800, but is it possible for Miracles to reach the real soundstage of PX200?

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #1,255 of 3,153
Very helpful explanation.
So does it mean that IEMs usually can't make soundstage/headstage as real as headphones make?
The only headphone i have is PX200 by Sennheiser. Compared to the soundstage of PX200, EX1000 and To Go! 334 do sound unreal.
I do not count much on soundstage/headstage of Miracles will match HD800, but is it possible for Miracles to reach the real soundstage of PX200?

In my experience, the Miracles have matched or bettered the staging of pretty much any closed headphone I've tried.

I have the noise cancelling equivalent of the PX200 and the Miracles are way ahead!

I think my Ultrasone HFI-680s might match the stage size (or headspace as spkrs01 put it so well), but the Miracles are better in many other areas.

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #1,256 of 3,153
Quote:
In my experience, the Miracles have matched or bettered the staging of pretty much any closed headphone I've tried.

I have the noise cancelling equivalent of the PX200 and the Miracles are way ahead!

I think my Ultrasone HFI-680s might match the stage size (or headspace as spkrs01 put it so well), but the Miracles are better in many other areas.

Have you tried the TH-900? I hear that is the ultimate in closed cans regarding sound staging...

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,260 of 3,153
Quote:

Glad to hear that Miracles have such an amazing soundstage.
But still hardly can believe that  Miracles, a CIEM, is able to make it, even though there are a lot of different structures built between closed headphones and CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back