Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #31 of 3,153

Quote:
Hey Aaron,

How are you finding the combination of Miracles + the RSA amp?

I had to send the right earpiece of my miracles back for a refit... so now I have more time to ponder more accessories to purchase :)

gav.

Haha, the never ending story of Audiophile purchases. :D

To be honest, I don't know yet :frowning2:
I just got a delivery notification that all my cables from Whiplash and my CLAS has arrive (after 1 month waiting for a 3-5day delivery. Not Happy!) so I can't tell you much about the combination yet as the amp has just sat on my bedside table while awaiting my CLAS and interconnects!

But I believe I will have them tonight, so I'll give you some impressions in a day or 2 if you like :D

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #32 of 3,153

Quote:
Haha, the never ending story of Audiophile purchases. :D

To be honest, I don't know yet :frowning2:
I just got a delivery notification that all my cables from Whiplash and my CLAS has arrive (after 1 month waiting for a 3-5day delivery. Not Happy!) so I can't tell you much about the combination yet as the amp has just sat on my bedside table while awaiting my CLAS and interconnects!

But I believe I will have them tonight, so I'll give you some impressions in a day or 2 if you like :D

For sure.  I would have been using the amp in single ended mode if I were you!  Can't believe you had it sitting there idle for so long.

Let me know how you find the setup.

Thanks,

gav.

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #33 of 3,153
I wish! haha, I only have my iPhone 4 as a source at this stage, and no LOD. So it's been killing me! gah, haha.

Still hasn't arrived. Fair chance the postie will drop it off tomorrow.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #35 of 3,153

Quote:
any comparisons with the Merlin guys?

There's a demo set of Merlin's and Miracle's going around right now, so you should see a few comparison's start to pop up as people get their hands on them.

I'm personally about to purchase a set of Merlin's also. But won't be able to give an review for at least 4 weeks as I haven't even ordered them yet.

Basically, Merlin is a bassier version of the Miracle. For a more in-depth version of events, either wait for a few A/B compares, or ask your local UM rep if they can send you some demo's.

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #36 of 3,153
I'd love to get a chance to try the demo Miracles and the demo Merlins out of curiosity, but I've pretty much decided that the bass in the Miracles is something I'm super happy with there when the song asks for it, but not when it isn't.  However, I'm very curious to see what how my full custom Miracles compare to the demos.

These phones continue to blow away me.  I was getting a little tired of my own music collection for the moment, and my usual selection of music, so switched Pandora onto "Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio"   I'm hearing a bunch of tunes I know, but don't listen to regularly, and I'm totally hearing them in a very favorable way!  (Even though it is Pandora One, and still lower bitrate then I tend to prefer listening at)  Just swapped out with the T1s and the AD2Ks full size, and came back to the Miracles.  The AD2Ks were a close second, but the Miracles seem a little more coherent. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #37 of 3,153

Quote:
There's a demo set of Merlin's and Miracle's going around right now, so you should see a few comparison's start to pop up as people get their hands on them.

I'm personally about to purchase a set of Merlin's also. But won't be able to give an review for at least 4 weeks as I haven't even ordered them yet.

Basically, Merlin is a bassier version of the Miracle. For a more in-depth version of events, either wait for a few A/B compares, or ask your local UM rep if they can send you some demo's.

Thanks! Im just afraid that the Merlin would be too bassy for me. If only the Miracle is a $100 dollar cheaper i would have grab it in and instant. The bass on the TF10 is my limit by the way 
basshead.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #38 of 3,153

Quote:
Thanks! Im just afraid that the Merlin would be too bassy for me. If only the Miracle is a $100 dollar cheaper i would have grab it in and instant. The bass on the TF10 is my limit by the way 
basshead.gif

If the bass of the TF10's then I would suggest that the Merlin's might be a little strong for you. I can't recommend the Miracle's highly enough, and am only getting the Merlin's as something to use for focusing on a little more bass. As far as listening is concerned I'll most likely do 90% of it with the Miracle, but I'm a bass player and like to focus on the low end at times, so the stronger mid-bass and low end of the merlin will appeal to me during these times.

If you do like the sound of your TF10's and you have a limited budget, have you thought about the TF10's re-shelled adding a few drivers?

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #39 of 3,153

Quote:
If the bass of the TF10's then I would suggest that the Merlin's might be a little strong for you. I can't recommend the Miracle's highly enough, and am only getting the Merlin's as something to use for focusing on a little more bass. As far as listening is concerned I'll most likely do 90% of it with the Miracle, but I'm a bass player and like to focus on the low end at times, so the stronger mid-bass and low end of the merlin will appeal to me during these times.

If you do like the sound of your TF10's and you have a limited budget, have you thought about the TF10's re-shelled adding a few drivers?

I've read from a lot of reviews that a reshelled TF10 w/ added driver doesn't sound right and i'm also sick of it's sound. I find the highs to be fatiguing, mids to be cold and recessed and lows to be bloated. I've tried a custom before and really like how it sounds so that make me shift into customs. $850 is my budget btw. The ES5 is so close at a $100 more 
confused_face.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #40 of 3,153

Quote:

I've read from a lot of reviews that a reshelled TF10 w/ added driver doesn't sound right and i'm also sick of it's sound. I find the highs to be fatiguing, mids to be cold and recessed and lows to be bloated. I've tried a custom before and really like how it sounds so that make me shift into customs. $850 is my budget btw. The ES5 is so close at a $100 more 
confused_face.gif

Keep in mind shipping + impressions + artwork is normally extra when looking at prices. Depending on who you are going through of course.

I would honestly say that given you budget, if you can wait an extra week or 2 and save up the extra $100 getting the Miracle, JH13 or the ES5 you will be very happy. The JH13 and the Miracle are very neutral sound signatures, I've not heard the JH13 or the ES5 myself, so can't really comment on those I'm afraid. But I really think you will enjoy the Miracle. If you are spending $850, you want to make sure you get something that it to your tastes. And also not worth wasting $850 for the sake of not waiting the extra few weeks to get the $900-$1000 versions that will suit your needs perfectly.

Just my 2c.

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #41 of 3,153

Quote:
Keep in mind shipping + impressions + artwork is normally extra when looking at prices. Depending on who you are going through of course.

I would honestly say that given you budget, if you can wait an extra week or 2 and save up the extra $100 getting the Miracle, JH13 or the ES5 you will be very happy. The JH13 and the Miracle are very neutral sound signatures, I've not heard the JH13 or the ES5 myself, so can't really comment on those I'm afraid. But I really think you will enjoy the Miracle. If you are spending $850, you want to make sure you get something that it to your tastes. And also not worth wasting $850 for the sake of not waiting the extra few weeks to get the $900-$1000 versions that will suit your needs perfectly.

Just my 2c.

You just made up my mind bro. I'll just save a $150s more and get the ES5. Much thanks 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #43 of 3,153
Wow these look insane!

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #45 of 3,153

Quote:
Some more gratuitous pictures then? :D

I would have laughed if your rig just fell off down
and down
and down
and broke.
 : )

Users who are viewing this thread