Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #2,506 of 3,153
Exactly! I also ordered from custom-iem.com / Stephen Guo because turn around time was faster ... and he answers mails too. When ordering via him you send the impressions directly to the lab and the lab sends the ciems directly to you. This procedure saves time twice.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #2,507 of 3,153
Got my Miracles back from refit... in time period when Miracles was on refit I bought TWcu3 cable for them, with this cable my Miracles now sound totally different compared to my Merlins paired with TWag2 Gold cable: compared to Merlins, Miracles now sounds muuuuuch darker on mid and high freaquancies, have more bass (especially midbass), but still in terms of naturalness I like bass of Merlins much better, in this term bass of Merlins closer to bass of SR-009, than bass in Miracles... main problem of bass in Miracles IMO is it's "heterogeneous" structure, with TWcu3 it's became better than with stock, TWag2 Gold and TWcu2 cables, but it's still "heterogeneous" compared to Merlins and (of course) SR-009...
Still overall I like Miracles more than Merlins, but if Miracles would have bass of Merlins, then they will be close to ideal sound for me in IEM form factor... but as they are, both of this models have their own pros and cons for me... 

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,508 of 3,153
What do you mean by "heterogeneous" structure in the bass?

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #2,509 of 3,153
What do you mean by "heterogeneous" structure in the bass?

It means that that I hear low, mid and high bass almost separately, for me there must be more smooth transition in bass region for it to be natural sounding... Sorry for my English, I'm trying my best to express my thoughts...

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2,510 of 3,153
I didn't know the word and thought you could tell me more precisely what you meant ... which you did clearly.

However, I don't experience the bass or describe it as you do. I find it quite good, but I do think it has more sub bass than mid bass. This, perhaps, we agree upon?

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,511 of 3,153
I didn't know the word and thought you could tell me more precisely what you meant ... which you did clearly.

However, I don't experience the bass or describe it as you do. I find it quite good, but I do think it has more sub bass than mid bass. This, perhaps, we agree upon?

It's probably depends on cable and source, with DX100 and TWcu3 it has a lot of both mid and low bass, I can't exactly say which of it is more... But for me between a lot of low bass and a lot of midbass the transition is not smooth enough... actually it's all depends to what you compare it, I compare bass of Miracles with bass of Merlins and IMO Merlins easily wins in naturalness in bass region, but again it's only my impressions, nothing more...

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #2,512 of 3,153
Interesting. I thought Merlin was supposed to have a bass heavy sound and Miracle a more neutral one.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #2,513 of 3,153
Interesting. I thought Merlin was supposed to have a bass heavy sound and Miracle a more neutral one.

The bass on Miracle and Merlins is just different (pure armature bass vs dynamic bass as I hear it IMO), in terms of quantity I think that Miracles have more bass, but it's tough to judge... Miracle is definitely much more neutral on middle and high frequencies and also much more darker in this regions... so overall this two models sound totally different, especially if you pair them with cables that benefits their pros, to my ears it's TWcu3 for Miracles and TWag2 Gold for Merlins, but if I had only one of this CIEM's, then I probably choose different cables pairs (TWcu3 for Merlins.. for Miracles... hmmm... I don't know actually, probably would try TWag3 for Miracle, I think they will be a good much for one and only CIEM, but I don't know what will be in reality though... actually don't really like Miracles with TWag2 Gold at all, it kills all the neutrality in mid and high frequencies, and bass is still no much for Merlins, so this cable is bad choice for Miracles IMO, maybe TWag3 will be also bad with them...)...

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,514 of 3,153
Am giving a +1 to the build quality of the Miracles. I regularly go to sleep while listening to them, and often wake up with one jammed somewhere into my back.. no issues at all so far.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #2,516 of 3,153
So it doesn't work? The cable is defective?

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #2,518 of 3,153
Right ear of the cable, right at the connector. I know the plug is fine because the left cable works fine in the right ear...

Will have to wait for a replacement I suppose...

Buy good cable, Miracles worth it, at least something on level of TWcu2... stock cable sounds awful IMO...

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,520 of 3,153
i think i am going a bit too much with the cables for my UM Miracle, the plussoound promo cable, and another with bryan goto, and lastly one with TRRS termination from westone, for my android device to become handsfree :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back