Unique Melody legacy - Latest Flagship 12BA CIEM
Oct 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Boringz

Head-Fier
Singapore has apparently launch a 12BA CIEM call Legacy. Specially made by UM and custom tuned by Stereo, there is some info on their facebook. (Link below)

https://www.facebook.com/stereoelectronics/photos/a.376901871764.166268.360820046764/10152318869876765/?type=1

I going down to audition after work tonight, anyone?
etysmile.gif

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 43
This is certainly something worth auditioning. I'm just afraid that we're on the cusp (or midway through) a driver race - the more the merrier/better?

Anyway, from what I've heard from the staff at Stereo prior to its release, the UM Legacy is an exclusive collaboration between Stereo and UM.

I'll definitely check this out soon and will post impressions. 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 43
Auditioned the UM Legacy today, and although it wasn't a thorough session (~20 minutes), I came out feeling very impressed with its sound. It is a more balanced Mentor with slightly better treble control. Highs were sparkling and well extended without sounding sibilant. Bass quantity is slightly reduced, but the low end was fairly punchy with quick decay. The mid-range was more forward on the Legacy than on the Mentor, with vocals sounding very present and powerful.

Whilst the Mentor is defined as being slightly v-shaped in its sound signature, with prominent treble and a nice bass punch, the Legacy can be described as a warm but relatively balanced IEM with slightly better clarity throughout.

It's definitely a solid top class IEM, and certainly one that I would like to audition again, if time permits.

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #10 of 43
Interesting. I wonder how this compares to the jh roxanne?

Yup, that's what I though too. I was told that the Legacy was introduced as a direct competitor to the Roxanne, having 12 drivers each and all.

Once I get my Roxannes, I'll head down to Stereo again to compare the 2. Am actually looking forward to auditioning the Legacy again.

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 43
How is its mid bass quantity? Less than Mentor?

Bass on the Mentor was a bit more prominent. The Legacy's low-end was punchy with quick decay, but felt a little lean compared to the Mentor. Both had equally good bass extension, but Mentor felt more involving on bassier tracks (e.g. dance music), thanks to its slightly greater mid-bass boost.

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #14 of 43
I found mentor's mid bass quantity a bit less or tight. Mentor doesn't have a good body due to mid bass. At least on my hm901. However, sub bass is very prominent and it is very speedy with mid bass spectrum. So we can say that legacy is more analytical and maybe brighter ?

In terms of sound presentation, the Legacy is in between the Miracle and the Mentor. The Legacy is flatter than the Mentor with slightly less bass quantity, less recessed mids and equally prominent treble. It is still a warmer IEM than the Miracle, but in direct comparison with the Mentor, it comes off as being ever so slightly brighter with equally powerful vocal performance. In terms of genres, I preferred the Mentor with dance tracks and 80s/90s rock, whilst the pop tracks I tested sounded a bit more engaging on the Legacy.

Both are actually a hair within each other, and at this price range, it's going to be hard to split both. I would definitely like to audition the Legacy again, and will post more impressions when I do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back