Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #4,681 of 7,348
Damn these kind of marvels just sound insane from Indigo:
Screenshot_20211206-161458.png

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #4,682 of 7,348
Actually, for patents, it is the date of filing that matters. :) Well, it is a sign of how things are evolving in the head fi/audio market when it is a Chinese company that has filed a patent. :wink:
Yeah, but you have to file before there are any public manifestations of the product.

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #4,683 of 7,348
Yeah, but you have to file before there are any public manifestations of the product.
True. But think it was already filed. Anyway, for the lawyers to sort out. :)

Dec 7, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #4,684 of 7,348
Finally upgraded my source to the M6 Pro 21 its not a top line unit but sound much better than the W2 dongle. I decided wanted something more portable than the DX300 or hiby RS6 plus needed something than I felt comfortable to use one handed. The Shanling M6 Pro 21 was also a bit less expensive I payed $633 for it so I’m a happy with the purchase.

The mest really does scales with quality of what feeding them. Thinking of spending saving on buying this dap to be used towards a home system.

Dec 7, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #4,685 of 7,348
I received my MEST Indigo today and I am quite thrilled with it. It takes the best of what I have loved about the MEST OG and made it a lot better in several areas. The bass quality and level is a lot better than the OG and the sound is much more balanced while preserve its fantastic and industry leading 3D imaging. Huge soundstage. This is a great TOTL offering competitive with everything else I own. I posted initial impressions on the @Rockwell75 water cooler thread and there was a lot of good dialog there about what I am others are hearing. Suffice it to say that this is an absolute winner and probably isn't getting the hype that it deserves. This is a top 5 IEM in my collection right now which puts it into rarified air. It's an all arounder that sounds good to me with all of my music and across all sources I own. And, it is absolutely beautifully built. The cable is soft and supple and thick like I like them. Congrats Unique Melody, you have a winner. Once again. MEST is BEST.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #4,686 of 7,348
Can someone that uses EQ chime in and describe whether upgrading from a Mest Mk2 to an Indigo is worth it? When I AB'd the OG Mest and the Mest MK2, I noted (also I posted earlier in the thread) that the difference between the two IEMs were just essentially tuning. The proficiencies between the two IEMs were practically identical. The larger perceived soundstage on the OG compared to the MK2 collapses once tuned like the MK2. When tuned to my preferences, they sounded pretty much identical.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #4,687 of 7,348
Can someone that uses EQ chime in and describe whether upgrading from a Mest Mk2 to an Indigo is worth it? When I AB'd the OG Mest and the Mest MK2, I noted (also I posted earlier in the thread) that the difference between the two IEMs were just essentially tuning. The proficiencies between the two IEMs were practically identical. The larger perceived soundstage on the OG compared to the MK2 collapses once tuned like the MK2. When tuned to my preferences, they sounded pretty much identical.
I do EQ, but I don't EQ my IEMs much. I own the MEST OG and the Indigo and I can tell you without question that the Indigo is a straight and signficant upgrade to the MEST OG. I have heard the mkii which I liked and I was considering buying at some point. If I heard the Indigo via the same demo session, I would have bought it immediately. It's that good. I would rank MEST OG 10-15. MEST mkii top 5-10. Indigo top 5.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #4,688 of 7,348
I do EQ, but I don't EQ my IEMs much. I own the MEST OG and the Indigo and I can tell you without question that the Indigo is a straight and signficant upgrade to the MEST OG. I have heard the mkii which I liked and I was considering buying at some point. If I heard the Indigo via the same demo session, I would have bought it immediately. It's that good. I would rank MEST OG 10-15. MEST mkii top 5-10. Indigo top 5.
You're just trying to make me spend money lol Thank you for your honest impression

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #4,689 of 7,348
You're just trying to make me spend money lol Thank you for your honest impression
Sorry. I did not expect it to be this good. It is so good, I don't really want the Monarch mkii that I already bought anymore. There is no way in my mind's eye can it be better. When I get a chance, I am going to A/B test it against my Traillii because I think I might like it more than the bird.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #4,690 of 7,348
Sorry. I did not expect it to be this good. It is so good, I don't really want the Monarch mkii that I already bought anymore. There is no way in my mind's eye can it be better. When I get a chance, I am going to A/B test it against my Traillii because I think I might like it more than the bird.
Please share those impressions as soon as you can! I have a deposit on an Indigo!!!

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #4,691 of 7,348
I forgot to mention that @Skullar owned MEST mkii and Indigo and he is selling Indigo. I think it might be because it is too bass heavy for him. That is one of the features that stands out to me.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #4,692 of 7,348
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #4,694 of 7,348

I'm curious to hear this comparison too. I went from OG to the bird and one of the major factors was the mids & (more so) treble quality. OG didn't have the treble texture for me. I'm curious if Indigo has improved in this department.

Also, still hoping to hear @bluestorm1992 's take vs Mason FS :sweat_smile:

Kind of miss the wide and punchy MEST sound...

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #4,695 of 7,348
Curious, would you be kind to list your top 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back