Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 25, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #4,141 of 7,348
So I received the CP145 this morning and after about 2 hours of listening I can confidently recommend these tips for the MK2.

Somehow they have the smoothness of the cp155 but with more detail retrieval while maintaining the weight, body and thickness that I love from the cp155.

Also, seperation is better. The cp155 has a beautiful signature super smooth but does seem a bit cramped compared to 145. 145 soundstage is taller and wider. More air between instruments. If you haven't tried cp155 or cp145 on the mk2 yet then I say grab a set of each.

For me, cp145 using the Fortitude 8 cable and the Hiby R5 slow roll off is the sweet spot. Such a lush, smooth, holographic and engaging experience. I understand the magic of the mest mk2.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #4,142 of 7,348
So I received the CP145 this morning and after about 2 hours of listening I can confidently recommend these tips for the MK2.

Somehow they have the smoothness of the cp155 but with more detail retrieval while maintaining the weight, body and thickness that I love from the cp155.

Also, seperation is better. The cp155 has a beautiful signature super smooth but does seem a bit cramped compared to 145. 145 soundstage is taller and wider. More air between instruments. If you haven't tried cp155 or cp145 on the mk2 yet then I say grab a set of each.

For me, cp145 using the Fortitude 8 cable and the Hiby R5 slow roll off is the sweet spot. Such a lush, smooth, holographic and engaging experience. I understand the magic of the mest mk2.
Sounds impressive! Do you have a link to the CP155 or CP145? 👍

Sep 28, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #4,143 of 7,348
so i tried the XinHS graphene cable. its just too much treble for me. i prefer something warmer

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #4,144 of 7,348
Currently trying Epro's TW00 (M) on the Mest 2, and like them very much! Very comfortable fit, does not need to be inserted as deep as some other tips I tried, and great sound quality. Think I'm going to stick with these for a while!

1632816051449.jpg

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #4,146 of 7,348
Agreed, I love Isa too - love its chilled signature, it has become my go-to for vocals and ambient music... and actually, SA6 was one of my top choices for ambient previously.

As an aside, I see we have a few of the same in our collections... U12T on my radar, along with quite a few others!
I know many months ago I compared the Mest Mk2 with the Sony Z1R and I said I would have a chance to compare with the U12t. I did that a few months ago and I sold the U12t. The U12t didn't really do much for me to warrant another review/comparison. It didn't do anything better than the Mest. Overall it has a very similar sound as the Mk2, but weaker bass and smaller soundstage. The mids were also struggling, sounding congested which resulted in slightly poor clarity and resolution.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #4,147 of 7,348
I know many months ago I compared the Mest Mk2 with the Sony Z1R and I said I would have a chance to compare with the U12t. I did that a few months ago and I sold the U12t. The U12t didn't really do much for me to warrant another review/comparison. It didn't do anything better than the Mest. Overall it has a very similar sound as the Mk2, but weaker bass and smaller soundstage. The mids were also struggling, sounding congested which resulted in slightly poor clarity and resolution.
I loved the Mest Mkii. I might buy a custom version of it. The Z1R is in my personal top 5. I still prefer it to the MEST MKii because of the bass. The U12t didn't do much for me, but that may be because I listened to it with the M15 module. I think I will like the M20 more.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #4,148 of 7,348
I loved the Mest Mkii. I might buy a custom version of it. The Z1R is in my personal top 5. I still prefer it to the MEST MKii because of the bass. The U12t didn't do much for me, but that may be because I listened to it with the M15 module. I think I will like the M20 more.
I'm on the same boat. Mine only came with the M15. Maybe I would have liked the M20 more.

Yea, I can see why someone would prefer the Z1R. It definitely had good bass, but all my music has vocals and Z1r vocals sound too far back for me.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #4,149 of 7,348
I'm on the same boat. Mine only came with the M15. Maybe I would have liked the M20 more.

Yea, I can see why someone would prefer the Z1R. It definitely had good bass, but all my music has vocals and Z1r vocals sound too far back for me.
Oh yes. The Z1R with recessed mids is terrible for male vocals.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #4,150 of 7,348
Hey, hope someone can help? I'm just about to buy MEST MK2 today but before I pull the trigger just needed a couple of questions answered so thought I'd come here. First, I'm a total Basshead but also need the bass to be technically adept! Will MEST MK2 satisfy my Basshead needs? Second, if it works out it is not bass heavy enough for my is it possible to EQ to a bass heavy level and how does MEST MK2 handle extreme EQ? Thanks in advance for your help its much appreciated👍

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #4,151 of 7,348
Hey, hope someone can help? I'm just about to buy MEST MK2 today but before I pull the trigger just needed a couple of questions answered so thought I'd come here. First, I'm a total Basshead but also need the bass to be technically adept! Will MEST MK2 satisfy my Basshead needs? Second, if it works out it is not bass heavy enough for my is it possible to EQ to a bass heavy level and how does MEST MK2 handle extreme EQ? Thanks in advance for your help its much appreciated👍

I don't think the MK2 is exactly a basshead iem. It's really balanced, but it doesn't slam as much as my Monarchs did. That said, I didn't think the Sony Z1Rs slammed that hard either. The good news is that it does take EQ really well like most multi-driver IEMs. However, it will take a bit more to get it slamming as compared to the Monarchs. I'm a basshead as well. I sometimes have the bass up 6 db on the EQ, sometimes 10 db, but usually up about 3 db and upper mids down about 2.

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #4,152 of 7,348
Bluetooth dongle, meh subbass, good mid bass,
From phone, ESS Quad DAC, great subbass rumble, great mid bass,
Class A amp, you can feel the bass, "bigger" sense of bass impact,

you can EQ it without any distortion,
I will say +7db at 50hz

I don't recommend adding EQ to the midbass/lower mid, it becomes too warm,

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #4,153 of 7,348
Bluetooth dongle, meh subbass, good mid bass,
From phone, ESS Quad DAC, great subbass rumble, great mid bass,
Class A amp, you can feel the bass, "bigger" sense of bass impact,

you can EQ it without any distortion,
I will say +7db at 50hz

I don't recommend adding EQ to the midbass/lower mid, it becomes too warm,
Fantastic thanks for the help its much appreciated. That's great to hear regarding the phone sounding good with the MEST MK2 because i will be driving it 80% of the time from my LG V30 which also has a ESS Quad DAC.
I be honest i would only EQ the Sub-Bass i like to leave the midrange clean & untouched, that is the reason for paying a grand for an iem after all! Thanks for the help I'm confident now so will go ahead and purchase and may come back with some impressions to help anyone in the future that may have the same concerns i had?
Happy listening🎵🎵👍

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #4,155 of 7,348
I don't think the MK2 is exactly a basshead iem. It's really balanced, but it doesn't slam as much as my Monarchs did. That said, I didn't think the Sony Z1Rs slammed that hard either. The good news is that it does take EQ really well like most multi-driver IEMs. However, it will take a bit more to get it slamming as compared to the Monarchs.
I agree with this, but I would add that while MEST doesn't slam quite as hard as Monarch, the bass MEST has is far cleaner and more textured/detailed than Monarch.

It always confuses me when the term "basshead" is used to describe an audiophile who just wants lots and lots of bass no matter what. Wouldn't that just be Beats by Dre? Not all bass is created equal. Demand texture, you're worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back