UM Custom Monitor Appreciation and Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #46 of 73
Thanks for the advice, MaoDi and mistertomlinson. I called a large chain, and they don't offer impression-only service. I then called another chain and was told $100, and talked it down to $50. (As of last year, that chain did not have this impression-ONLY service on their menu. So maybe it is as much or as little they want to charge, at their mercy) Still seems a bit steep for a 15-minute job, but I may have to live with it.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #47 of 73
Where do you live? i see Canada, there may be a clinic of the company i go to at your location.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #48 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you live? i see Canada, there may be a clinic of the company i go to at your location.

Oops. Missed your post until now. I live in Toronto, ON. Too far away from your city
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #49 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops. Missed your post until now. I live in Toronto, ON. Too far away from your city
tongue.gif

Ahhh unfortunately the clinic company i go to only extends to manitoba....

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #50 of 73
Picture of my "quads" (Name soon to be released) have arrived, look on the first page for picture. Don't have them yet, hope to get them by the end of the week.

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #52 of 73
Impressions... needed... quickly

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #54 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MaoDi, is this the "shayes" you were talking about?

No, as you can see this is the Custom Monitors thread for Unique Melody, not the remold. So all monitors mentioned or showed on this thread is of Unique Melody's own design. These are the new "Quads" that will be coming out, it's got a nice name. Just can't say it yet.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #56 of 73
Single bore?

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #57 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Single bore?

Nope, let me clear this up. UM has decided to make the dual bores join together near the end of the canal to avoid the bores being block by wearing them slightly off perfect fit. Also, this allows for more users/buyers to adapt to the dual bore design, as some canals are too small to have the bores separately all the way through. Sound quality wise is very similar to having them completely separate, this idea is also supported by Westone.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Impressions... needed... quickly

Haha sadly, they aren't in my hands yet. This was a picture sent to me by Sam himself after they finished the artwork. One of the first quads to be made =)

He said he should be getting the package today, if successfully shipped out to me today should be here around the end of the week.

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #59 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those did look nice. Seem UM did a great job....
biggrin.gif

By the looks of it, they look fantastically built and made. Artwork looks exactly like how i wanted it. I'll get back you all after i receive a response as to when they will be shipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back