Ultrasone Signature DJ
Sep 5, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,371 of 2,701
  The Kogan price is ridiculously low. If you don't ASK RMC FOR A QUOTE, then I literally have no other advice for you. They will email you their best price.

alright, I just ask them for a price.  Turns out they only ship to USA.  So I need to use a broker to ship to my place.  So that means either way, I need a broker, and the broker fee is 10%.

I need to find someone else who charges less.

Thanks for tips anyway

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #2,373 of 2,701
Question how do these compare to the final audio Pandora vi's and the alpha dogs in bass, clarity, etc etc

Can't speak for the pandoras but the signature dj is clearer and more transparent to me when not amped compared to the alpha dogs not amped. The DJs are much easier to drive and well if you compare them aide by side less clunky and bulky as well. Bass wise the DJs definitely have more volume and I think the impact is pretty on par, which is remarkable for the DJ since it is a dynamic whilst the alphas are planar.

nevertheless only trust urself

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,374 of 2,701
It's this forum dead? Just wondering why no one is still talking about this headphone. This forum should be alive and kicking I mean this is the one of the best closed portable if not the best closed portable headphone money can buy where you don't have to use an amp isn't it???

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,378 of 2,701
It's this forum dead? Just wondering why no one is still talking about this headphone. This forum should be alive and kicking I mean this is the one of the best closed portable if not the best closed portable headphone money can buy where you don't have to use an amp isn't it???

It is. 

But very few own it. It costs a lot, and this is why it is not that popular. I have been trying for a year to buy it, and might have to wait some more before I can. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #2,379 of 2,701
You know I'm just wondering are these worth 1,000 or more asking price? You know how some headphones in this price range you are sometimes paying for the name mostly. I hope that this is not the case here and you are paying mostly for the sound on these.....

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #2,381 of 2,701
You know I'm just wondering are these worth 1,000 or more asking price? You know how some headphones in this price range you are sometimes paying for the name mostly. I hope that this is not the case here and you are paying mostly for the sound on these.....

Yes

and

No

For real, I don't know. How important is music to you?

They are cheaper than th600 sometimes, and You might like these better, or you might like th600 better. \

To put it this way, would you pay 1000$ for headphones? I mean, do you already have computer, TV, car, where to stay, enough money for food, enough money for takin a few days off each year into a far place? If yes, they are totally worth it. I mean, you must configure your priorities according to yourself. For me, music comes very high in my priority ranking, for example, but 1000$ for how much it actually costs the company to make these things is outrageous, if you do not consider it a luxury item, and treat it as such. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #2,384 of 2,701
I'm very curious about the Pandora VI comparison. I've heard some contradictory impressions compared to the Ultrasone Signatures.
only had a couple of hours with these but what I can tell you so far in my opinionis there are some things the djs do better than the hope vi's and there are some things the vi's do better such as I think the hope vi's has a better vocal region than the djs, just sounds like the vocalist is singing to you on the hope vi's instead of just singing on the djs. Also the bass yep I'm shocked at this myself the bass presentation is better on the vi's as well it's just has more heft than the djs. Now the djs image better to me and picks up micro detail a lot better than the vi's. Not saying the hope vi's don't do it it's just the djs do it better. It's also a lot smoother in just about everything than the hope vi's in my opinion as well. Remember this is just my opinion yours might vary and I need more time to break in the djs. I hope this helps.::wink:

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #2,385 of 2,701
only had a couple of hours with these but what I can tell you so far in my opinionis there are some things the djs do better than the hope vi's and there are some things the vi's do better such as I think the hope vi's has a better vocal region than the djs, just sounds like the vocalist is singing to you on the hope vi's instead of just singing on the djs. Also the bass yep I'm shocked at this myself the bass presentation is better on the vi's as well it's just has more heft than the djs. Now the djs image better to me and picks up micro detail a lot better than the vi's. Not saying the hope vi's don't do it it's just the djs do it better. It's also a lot smoother in just about everything than the hope vi's in my opinion as well. Remember this is just my opinion yours might vary and I need more time to break in the djs. I hope this helps.:
wink.gif

That's actually quite helpful! I have Sig Pros, so I have to translate a little for a direct comparison, but it's all good information to have on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back