Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #46 of 5,992
Hey Jibbie, I pulled the trigger on the Pro 900 right after I read your review, as you hit alot of points and qualities that I look for in a headphone and let me say I am by no means disappointed
o2smile.gif
I really can't take these cans off my head long enough to do anything else at this point and they're only less than 50 hours into the burn-in process. I listen to electronica mainly as well, along with some DnB and dubstep e.g. Caspa, Rusko etc. These phones are thoroughly engaging and musically satisfying to a fault. As a bass addict they don't leave me hanging, as they pack alot of satisfying authority in the lower end. They benefit immensely from amplification in this regard. I'm excited to see how they develop with more burn-in and from what people say I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks for your stellar review
atsmile.gif

- Anton

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #47 of 5,992
Stop talking about the 900s!  The 990s hear you!!!!  
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #48 of 5,992
Awesome impressions F1REStarter!  I'm glad my review helped and that you are really like the Pro 900s.  My ears currently swimming through their bass as I type 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Hey Jibbie, I pulled the trigger on the Pro 900 right after I read your review, as you hit alot of points and qualities that I look for in a headphone and let me say I am by no means disappointed
o2smile.gif
I really can't take these cans off my head long enough to do anything else at this point and they're only less than 50 hours into the burn-in process. I listen to electronica mainly as well, along with some DnB and dubstep e.g. Caspa, Rusko etc. These phones are thoroughly engaging and musically satisfying to a fault. As a bass addict they don't leave me hanging, as they pack alot of satisfying authority in the lower end. They benefit immensely from amplification in this regard. I'm excited to see how they develop with more burn-in and from what people say I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks for your stellar review
atsmile.gif

- Anton

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #49 of 5,992
On the newest article on Head-Fi's featured content, Higher-Fi: Chesky Records Binaural Recording Session, one of the comments held a rather interesting link:  http://ccgi.bluerabbit.plus.com/~bluerabbit/virtualbarbershop/

I was blown away after listening to it.  The positioning and imaging of the Pro 900 amazes me once again (though, to be fair, I'm sure this recording would sound pretty amazing on any hi-end headphone).  

I highly recommend giving it a listen, the next time you have 5 minutes or so.

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #50 of 5,992
That is an awesome demonstration of binaural! I have two big speakers set up at the computer and have them toed in a lot so the sound is almost like headphones. The haircut sounds like it is going around my head, it is just a little distant. I am really excited about the binaural jazz album that is going to be available on head-fi later this month and hope they don't charge a ton for it. I am sure it will sound amazing, as they added absolutely nothing to the sound and recorded it in a church. 

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #51 of 5,992
My headphone journey hasn't ended yet! I am about to buy these...

I'm thinking BuyAuthorized for $320, but I'm not sure if I want an open box Pro 900. If not, I would have to pay $400 at B&H for a brand new one instead. Hmm, for those who bought from BuyAuthorized, how does the headphone and contents look? Any signs of wear or use? Darn, I just wish I could get a new pair for that price...

These things are just too tempting -- I'll be getting them either way...

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #52 of 5,992
Wow!  If I saw the $400 pricetag at B&H, I would have purchased there.  I purchased from BuyAuthorized and had no issues.  It was brand new.

Quote:

I'm thinking BuyAuthorized for $320, but I'm not sure if I want an open box Pro 900. If not, I would have to pay $400 at B&H for a brand new one instead. Hmm, for those who bought from BuyAuthorized, how does the headphone and contents look? Any signs of wear or use? Darn, I just wish I could get a new pair for that price...

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #53 of 5,992
The Ultrasone Pro 900s sold by Buyauthorized are brand new, in an open box.  Every item is still packaged, including little pieces of plastic that are placed over the ear cups, etc.  I am not sure why the box is opened, but if it saves me 100 dollars for the same, new headphone, its fine with me.

I look forward to hearing your impressions once you buy them 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #54 of 5,992

Quote:
The Ultrasone Pro 900s sold by Buyauthorized are brand new, in an open box.  Every item is still packaged, including little pieces of plastic that are placed over the ear cups, etc.  I am not sure why the box is opened, but if it saves me 100 dollars for the same, new headphone, its fine with me.

I look forward to hearing your impressions once you buy them 
biggrin.gif

I think I read somewhere on the product listing - don't take it for granted, though - that the box is only opened just to check that everything's inside.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #56 of 5,992
Thanks everyone. It would probably best to save $80 then and go with him.

Funny thing is, when I "made the offer" yesterday of $320, it said it was "accepted". So I thought, "Okay, I could get them for $320 here, or $400 at B&H." Little did I know, that I guess when your offer is accepted, you technically buy the product. So checking my email this morning, I got a confirmation email of buying the Pro 900, all I had to do was send payment.

Well, I've gotta say, that woke me up faster than anything...

So I guess I'll be going with Buyauthorized! I already sent payment so things are done and done. I'll receive them this week I hope.'

(Remember possible buyers, as soon as your best offer is accepted, you pretty much have bought them)
rolleyes.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #57 of 5,992
You didn't know that? Oh well, a really nice pair of headphones is going to show up at your door soon. The pain.
wink.gif

In all seriousness, let us know what you think here.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #59 of 5,992
he meant.. is, not if. It's going to show up don't worry.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #60 of 5,992

Quote:
Quote:
Oh well, a really nice pair of headphones if going to show up at your door soon. The pain.
wink.gif

Please explain. (Should I be worried about something?)
redface.gif

It was a joke.
wink.gif
 No, you should be excited as I hear these are the kind of cans that can stun out of the box although they are much better after 300 hours of burn in to really sound their best without modding them. I hope you get them soon!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back