Ultrasone nightmares
Mar 10, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #16 of 68
As of now, after hearing "end of the week" twice; once 3 weeks ago and once again last week, the headphones are still non-functioning and tucked away at the bottom of my "work in progress" box. Still have a glimmer of hope of getting that driver fixed, hopefully sooner than later. In either case, never again will I deal with this company.

Mar 10, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #18 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FallenAngel,
I sent a link to this thread to UltraPaul of Ultrasone. Let's see what happens. Hopefully he will do something about the problem you've been having.

I guessed someone from ultrasone saw this thread at about 1240am (EST) and replied at 1241

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #19 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FallenAngel,
I sent a link to this thread to UltraPaul of Ultrasone. Let's see what happens. Hopefully he will do something about the problem you've been having.

Sure, I chatted with him about 3 weeks ago.
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #20 of 68
Seems channel imbalance is not a rare problem with ultrasone pro 900, very bad news for $500 studio headphones.

I took off the resistors and each of my drivers read ~30.5 without them, so it's not that thing shorted out on the right side. I have no idea if it's possible, but maybe the resistors on both drivers are broken? They should be 10 ohms each, but maybe the left side is 7.5 ohms and right side 1 ohms. They should give you a full refund for the repair work since they did diddly squat.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #21 of 68
OT but Sennheiser recently replaced my IE7's (channel imbalance after 12 months) without so much as a twitter. and a brand new set too.

Wonderfull customer servise TBH....

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 68
2 more weeks (and 2 months since the first "repair") and they still haven't sent me a replacement driver. Finally emailed them again last night and got an answer this morning... "we have a new technician and he would like for you to send in your headphones and run test and try to get them perfect for you".

Obviously I'm skeptical as hell about that but hey, if they get them fixed, that's all I care about by now so headphones are getting shipped to them, again.

Good news though - they finally refunded me the $35 "repair" fee that I was double-billed for at the beginning. Kind of funny to be billed TWICE at $35 for repairs that weren't done.
biggrin.gif
Can only look back and laugh at it now.

Anyways, just wanted to post an update.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #23 of 68
Glad to see that you're finally getting the pro 900 repaired or better yet replaced (I hope).

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #24 of 68
What nightmare!! My DX1000's headband material keeps coming out of the bracket so finally I send them to repair and in the end JVC (UK) just gave me a new pair, completely different level of service lol!

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #26 of 68
So far I've been very happy with my new HFI-780s and havent had any problems yet.
Though this scares me a bit cuz I dont want ****ty customer service if something dows break down on them :p

Another reason to be xtra xtra careful with your headphones.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #27 of 68
Status update on this and WOW are you guys going to get a laugh out of this one. Here is my last email response to them:

Hi,

I just got the headphones back today with an incredible surprise!

This is the Ultrasone website, the Pro900 page: Ultrasone

Under the "Technical specificaions" section, it says:
Impedance 40 ohm

I just measured both drivers close to 32 Ohms! I asked for the 32 Ohm left driver to be replaced with one matching the right driver, instead the 40 Ohm right driver was replaced! Your company certainly have headphones with 32 Ohm drivers, but as the specs on the Pro900 says 40 Ohms, I don't really think these are it. This is starting to sound like a really bad joke, what are you people doing? What drivers are these? Oh, and the channel imbalance that was the original issue isn't as noticeable, but once I played a frequency test, I can clearly tell that one of the drivers, the right one, does not really respond below 40 Hz.

At this point, I am really out of ideas, so I'll just let you make a suggestion of what to do.

---

EDIT: Can somebody with a pair of Ultrasone Pro900 and a multimeter, please measure the actual impedance of these headphones. Perhaps they really are 32 Ohms and the website is just wrong... and I'm having trouble hearing out of one ear... and which ear it is changes when I put on different headphones or simply switch these from left to right.

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #30 of 68
wow was ultrasone always like this? i wonder if someone with a pair of edition 8s or 9s would have to go through the same headaches.

anyways, sucks to hear about what you are going through fallenangel. hopefully things will get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back