Ultrasone Edition 8
Aug 16, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #1,936 of 2,099
  Help!  The ear-pads on my UE 8 just became un-glued ( literally) and fell off.

Does anyone know the best way to fix this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Glue them back ? 
redface.gif

Or try to contact ultrasone's lack luster support. 

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,938 of 2,099

Glue them back ? 
redface.gif

Or try to contact ultrasone's lack luster support. 

The pads have sticky back that is not permanent glue.  Gluing will irreversibly damage that!

I have already tried your second suggestion.  No traction!

Bummer! 

I'm not sure of any other solutions. I would use a glue that could be removed in time. I think someone tried to use velcro, but that might ruin the seal the headphones make! 

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,939 of 2,099
You could try some of the non-permanent sticky stuff for those Commando 3M wall hooks. I've some extra pads and I think they have about the same sticky-ness.

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #1,942 of 2,099
You should contact the German headquarter directly. This is a high end can, they should be interested to really help you.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #1,943 of 2,099
That's what I thought too. Unfortunately my experience was not what I expected.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #1,944 of 2,099
Received my Edition 8 Romeo's 3 days ago. After 40+ hours burn in they have really opened up nicely already.

Very happy with them so far, only gripe is the fit on my small head therefore its hard to get that sweet spot. I have to tilt the headband to the back of my head to get a nice tight fit, without the tight fit the bass drops significantly.

Bass control and depth is unreal, awesome headphones for electronica especially dubstep. VERY revealing, crap recordings and poorly ripped MP3's suffer big time.

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,946 of 2,099
The ear pieces are not designed to be replaced occasionally I have seen both ear pieces and head bands available on e-bay I purchased an extra headband since the original broke and Ultrasone charged $400 to replace it ! If it breaks again I have an extra and it cost approx. $50. I know that Moon Audio has a custom cable for the Edition 8 you will have to send your set to them for the recable since Ultrasone also decided not to design the cans with replaceable cables . I love the sound and looks of the Edition 8 but am VERY frustrated with the so called customer service and price gauging I received with the headband replacement    

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,947 of 2,099
Honestly, what did you do to break that headband. It is a handmade headphone. You could be more carefull.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #1,948 of 2,099

Careful ? People that know me claim I'm anal with my equipment [lol] With the Ed's on my head I pressed the cups gently inward to get a tighter clamp and bingo the band snapped just above the right cup they did not hand make the metal they assembled it and the break was defective metal it happens and Ultrasone should have charged only labor if they charge at all it was my mistake to pay Ultrasone I should have just told them to return the cans but I didn't realize at the time the part could be purchased on e-bay and the repair takes all of 10 minutes I hope this will be helpful if any other owners have the same problem    

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,949 of 2,099
Do you have photos of this issue?

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,950 of 2,099
No I sent the broken Ed's to Ultrasone USA totally oblivious to any impending issues . Raised on a farm and being around lots of equipment my impression was Ultrasone would inspect the break replace the band charge me shipping and all would be happy but they didn't and I ain't !    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back