Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #166 of 771

Quote:
I did1 year ago a comparison between HD-800 and ED-8, i have owned both and the conclusion was that the ED-8 outperform the HD-800, it was an easy job to do that.But anyway the HD-800 was the most unmusical performer and the ED-8 rocks.There was something in my wish list or dream list, if i could have the soundstage of HD-800 and the soundquality of ED-8 both together in one headphone............ looking forward to hear the dream in the ED-10.
Ultrasones are not overpriced check out the competition, nice looks but almost all plastic toys.

I have both here now.  Unless your measure of performance is the amount of bass, they can't compete in detail or resolution. They did sound the best out of portable gear I tried, though they scale better than that, just not HD-800 far. 
smile.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #167 of 771
mostly i did the comparison with piano recordings,the ED-8 gives more subtle information including vibrations wich manifest itself in true colors and true tone  ,with the HD-800 its a "straight line" .

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #168 of 771
If you enjoy piano with the ED 8 try the Pro 900!

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #170 of 771

Wow, I think I'm going to definitely have to "pull the trigger" on these. I'd like to hang on to my Ed. 8s as well, since I love them so much, but then again I also need to pay my rent. Hopefully they'll find a good home if it comes to that.

Quote:
Paid the phones,price 1999 euros.According to German forum posts these are far the best Ultrasones ever.
Cheers 

Quote:
In Europe they speak about 1999 Euro, for the USA 2800 USD.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #171 of 771
I think the Edition 8 are outstanding, and I also think they are significantly underrated around these parts.

So I am excited to listen to the Edition 10, even though at that price, I won't be buying a pair.

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #173 of 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was something in my wish list or dream list, if i could have the soundstage of HD-800 and the soundquality of ED-8 both together in one headphone............ looking forward to hear the dream in the ED-10.

I have this same dream! I'm not the type of person who cares about finding "the one," but if I were these might very well be "it" if they managed to pull off a soundstage like the HD800.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #174 of 771
some math
limited production only 2010 units
German craftmanship also called "Deutsche Wertarbeit" you cant top it
soundquality of ED-8 soundstage of HD-800
order confirmation number indicates that a lot of units have already been sold
probably the best headphone ever?
price dont drop it is probably a collectors item
you dont see a retailer nowhere
so get it as soon as possible these run out fast

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #175 of 771

Quote:
some math

Um, this may be a stupid question but... are preorders already being taken? If so, where? I keep seeing people mentioning confirmation numbers in this thread, but I can't find a single reference to a preorder when searching online.

Aug 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #176 of 771
Quote:
some math

Is this a joke post?  You list these things as if they are confirmed fact when all they really are is speculation at best.

German craftsmanship can't be topped?  Uhhh...yeah.

Soundstage of HD800?  Yet to be determined.

Order confirmation numbers equates to nothing.

Best headphone ever?  Seriously?!  Comedic gold.

Price will definitely drop despite "collectors item" status and there is no way these things will be selling out quickly.  Look how long it took for both the Edition 7 and 9 to sell out.  At this absurd price the 10 will easily be on the market for more than a full year.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #178 of 771

Quote:
I think the Edition 8 are outstanding, and I also think they are significantly underrated around these parts.

So I am excited to listen to the Edition 10, even though at that price, I won't be buying a pair.

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it- you said something similar to me about the LCD-2
wink.gif

skylab...you better bring them to canjam in new york next year, i wanna hear them...

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #179 of 771
I may indeed have said that about the LCD-2 - but they aren't even $1K...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back