Ultra dark, sub bassy and buttery vocals, never with fatigue. I want Aurisonics ASG-2 mids with boosted sub bass in cans?
Feb 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #31 of 39
Lets go with SRH1540!
Well, that's my opinion.
Rich deep bass, typical thick and rich shure mids, and relaxed and smooth treble.
Detail and clarity is also good, not to mention the ultra comfort.
It's more pricey then the ones you listed, but definitely worth a consideration.

Read my review on them! It's on the front page of head-fi.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #32 of 39
the asgard2 should give a good gripppppp on the bass...
i had the asgard1 b4, kinda aggressive, gritty i tot...
but with a better powercord, the clarity/transparency of this amp just came thru.:)
i was reffering to aurisonics asg-2 iems, but regardless i will have the shures this weekend. Also curious about the denon 7100/600, but i think ill like the shures. May pick up pair of used denons and sell whichever i dont keep

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #33 of 39
i was reffering to aurisonics asg-2 iems, but regardless i will have the shures this weekend. Also curious about the denon 7100/600, but i think ill like the shures. May pick up pair of used denons and sell whichever i dont keep

Oh, just want to mention this, but shures are not ultra dark. They are what I consider dark and warm, but not ultra dark.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #35 of 39
I read ur review a few times, part of reason i chose them first.

I think id love the lcd's, but 99% of my listening is on the go. Cant wait for shures to arrive

Great! BTW, while they get enough volume on phones and stuff, get them a decent DAP, and you will be very happy. I haven't tried them with any other DAP, but AK100 really makes me smile. They look nice together, and sound supreme together. I think X3 or DX50 will do fine as well.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #37 of 39
I read ur review a few times, part of reason i chose them first.

I think id love the lcd's, but 99% of my listening is on the go. Cant wait for shures to arrive

Keep me posted with how you like the Shures. Very interested too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back