Ultra dark, sub bassy and buttery vocals, never with fatigue. I want Aurisonics ASG-2 mids with boosted sub bass in cans?
Feb 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 39
I disagree, While very good I was disappointed in them because people where saying they are similar to the LCD2 with their lush, liquid Mids. Sadly the Dogs are on the dry side and not  liquid but they are dark and fairly detailed. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #17 of 39
They're fairly lush sounding.  You might have a dry sounding amp/dac.  Also to be fair, everything sounds pretty dry compared to the LCD2.  They're lush and mushy to the point of being problematic. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #18 of 39
  They're fairly lush sounding.  You might have a dry sounding amp/dac.  Also to be fair, everything sounds pretty dry compared to the LCD2.  They're lush and mushy to the point of being problematic. 

Really... 

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 39
  Mad Dogs or Alpha Dogs?  Mad Dogs are the bassier version, correct?

Yea teh mad Dog should, heck I owned the mad dog, it's a nice lush can, nice bass when amped right and a good dark sound, the Alpha dog should be more balanced, which means a touch less bass and thickness in the mids

Go balanced Mad Dog, Dan him self recommends the pb1 or pb2 [or he did to me[ 

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #21 of 39
  Yea teh mad Dog should, heck I owned the mad dog, it's a nice lush can, nice bass when amped right and a good dark sound, the Alpha dog should be more balanced, which means a touch less bass and thickness in the mids

Go balanced Mad Dog, Dan him self recommends the pb1 or pb2 [or he did to me[ 

Another one to add to my list (shure 1540 sure looks comfy, denon 600 may nut have mids im lookin for, akg 545 may not be enough bass, and prolly least comfortable)

Gonna check out shures on Amazon as i can return, same with denons, then look at mad dogs, as i can buy?sell used if they dont work either.  Thanks

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #22 of 39
  Another one to add to my list (shure 1540 sure looks comfy, denon 600 may nut have mids im lookin for, akg 545 may not be enough bass, and prolly least comfortable)

Gonna check out shures on Amazon as i can return, same with denons, then look at mad dogs, as i can buy?sell used if they dont work either.  Thanks

Mad Dog and Shure might be your best bet, neither will have the Sub bass of the LCD 2 though 

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 39
Really wasn't the amp problem as I've tried it on most recommended amps. I also own the Sony MA900 I find them more of a liquid lush sound and I also find them all around better than the Mad Dogs but in the Dogs defense open phones are easier to make sound good.

The D600 is absolutely amazing, Mids are lush although not quite as forward as the Mad Dog.

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #24 of 39
The Shure SRH-1540 look very interesting based on their freq response. I'm a bit worried vocals wont be very "lush" and perhaps a bit recessed. Mad dogs are also something i've considered, I've read some negative comments about their bass being a bit too flat. I'm looking for a bit of a boost.

Has anyone compared the Shure SRH-1540 to the LCD2 directly?

I also want to toss out there that these will be use mainly for stuff like Minimal and Vocal Trance (Female vocals) and a hint of dubstep.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #26 of 39
i just heard the 1540, big sounding bass, encapsulating sound like in a movie theatre..
nothing mushy or unclear. I think its a good option to test it out at home, go get one from amazon..
and see how it goes :p
( actually its quite like a well powered D7k....which i am listening to right now...lol ...of cos cant beat the/MY d7k. )

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #28 of 39
vocals, isnt forward...neither is it stuck far back inside the cups. good clarity. 
It wont massage me like a HD650...neither too distant like a DT770. 
I suspect alot of folks out in the public will like this can when they first put it on,
not sure if headfiers will do the same, maybe headfiers wants ALOT MORE out of 500bucks..?!
ALOT MORE CLARITY ALOT MORE INTIMACY ALOT MORE BASSQUALITYQUANTITYSUBSUBSUBBASS ETC..:p

bring it home n run it thru your setup...that would be the best way. 

==========

i read in the other threads, a pad swap with the 1840 will bring down the bass of the 1540 if its "too much" ?

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #29 of 39
Should have them by saturday, mon at latest. While i can never have too much bass, the asg2 has opened my eyes (ears actually) how much detail and emotion can be portrayed in vocals/midrange. While still a basshead at heart, my taste is evolving.

Runnin these out of fiio x3, possibly upgrading to x5 soon.

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #30 of 39
the asgard2 should give a good gripppppp on the bass...
i had the asgard1 b4, kinda aggressive, gritty i tot...
but with a better powercord, the clarity/transparency of this amp just came thru.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back