Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 19, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #6,541 of 9,690
Quote:
Over the past few days these TF10s have really really changed. The treble is really bothering me. God I loved these, but the change is just well, I can't stand it anymore. I know this is an appreciation thread and I do appreciate them and I do love them. I just want to know if there are IEMs in a similar price range with perhaps less emphasis on the treble.

Thanks,
Mark

after how long?

man...i've loved the TF10s for maybe 4 years now.  I've had them on and off, but always ended up buying another pair and going back to them because I missed them so much.  Tomorrow my null audio lune silver cable arrives and I have high hopes of how it'll improve the sound - any improvement will be incredible :D 

May 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #6,542 of 9,690
Quote:
I really enjoy TF10 treble. I can say it does become over whelming with some tracks, but I never find it sibilant or stabbing. 

Makes my eardrums tinkle. 
etysmile.gif

Yeh i agree.

May 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #6,544 of 9,690
I know this is an appreciation Thread, but I have a question for those who owns the triplefi 10 (since the thread for this question seems no longer active), do you sometimes hear buzzing sounds at certain frequency with these earphones? I can certainly hear it in mine, but don't know if it is because I got a defective pair or all of them are like that? I sent mine back to Amazon and expecting a new pair to show up in about two days, but the tension is stressing me out, because I've spent a lot of money on them, and expecting them to sound clear. By the way I usually listen to Rock Music, is it maybe because of the music?

Thanks   

May 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #6,545 of 9,690
Quote:
I know this is an appreciation Thread, but I have a question for those who owns the triplefi 10 (since the thread for this question seems no longer active), do you sometimes hear buzzing sounds at certain frequency with these earphones? I can certainly hear it in mine, but don't know if it is because I got a defective pair or all of them are like that? I sent mine back to Amazon and expecting a new pair to show up in about two days, but the tension is stressing me out, because I've spent a lot of money on them, and expecting them to sound clear. By the way I usually listen to Rock Music, is it maybe because of the music?

Thanks   

What source are you using?

May 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #6,549 of 9,690
Every song?

May 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #6,550 of 9,690
perhaps it's the cable?  I'm selling my lightly used stock cable by the way :p  I only advertise here since $15 is what's holding me back from buying something else (Paypal is my only liquid funds)...my other funds the wifey knows about and keeps very close watch over D:

May 20, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #6,551 of 9,690
Quote:
perhaps it's the cable?  I'm selling my lightly used stock cable by the way :p  I only advertise here since $15 is what's holding me back from buying something else (Paypal is my only liquid funds)...my other funds the wifey knows about and keeps very close watch over D:

I had already tried with another cable. I've tried it with the stock that came with it and I've tried it with the FiiO RC-UE1 also. 

Quote:
Every song?

No not every song, but most songs that have lots of electric guitar chords and high/loud vocals.

May 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #6,553 of 9,690
Quote:
I had already tried with another cable. I've tried it with the stock that came with it and I've tried it with the FiiO RC-UE1 also. 

Have you tried another set of ear/headphones on the same songs?  If there's no buzzing with other earphones, than you have a defective TF10.  I heard a weird buzz off of one song I bought from Google Music.  That got me a bit worried briefly until I checked with another set of earphones and I heard the same buzz.  Google refunded my money. 

May 20, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #6,554 of 9,690
Quote:

after how long?

man...i've loved the TF10s for maybe 4 years now.  I've had them on and off, but always ended up buying another pair and going back to them because I missed them so much.  Tomorrow my null audio lune silver cable arrives and I have high hopes of how it'll improve the sound - any improvement will be incredible :D 

I love my TF 10 too. Why exactly Lune from Null Audio?
I'm looking for a new cable too, and a member average_joe, who have quite big expierence with upgrade cables, recommended me the Null Audio Arete.
Here what he said:
Null Audio Arete is my personal favorite for the TF10 due to the combination of SQ and usability without too high of a price

May 20, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #6,555 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:

after how long?

I love my TF 10 too. Why exactly Lune from Null Audio?
I'm looking for a new cable too, and a member average_joe, who have quite big expierence with upgrade cables, recommended me the Null Audio Arete.
Here what he said:
Null Audio Arete is my personal favorite for the TF10 due to the combination of SQ and usability without too high of a price

to be honest, i can't seem to tell much difference.  i've tried a little testing back and forth switching cables. if anything I think I can hear maybe a slight difference with more smooth treble.  not as harsh.  I tried putting up the treble with my Fiio E17 amp and the stock cable seemed just a little more fatiguing. 

Perhaps b/c my cable was so new.....according to the seller (I bought it used) there could be less than 15-20 hours on it....... 

I got it for cheap used is why I went with the lune.  I read that review saying the Arete is better, also.  I've also seen the thread where people swear by the Chris Himself cables...I was gonna go that direction, but got these for 70..  It was important to me to get the Viablue plug also, because I hear the neutrik cables can have problems (even though I would have preferred an L-shaped plug). 

If I can't hear more of a difference, I might sell this and just get the $30 UE custom cable (I think they're normally $40).  i would stay away from Westone or Jaben's because the plugs are thicker and will enlargen the ports on your TF10....making it so that other cables will fall out :xf_eek:

As for ergonomics, this is sooooo much better than the stock TF10 cable.  I had no other issue with them aside from them twisting easily and tickling my chin/neck area.   heh.  The fitment of the TF10 has never been an issue for me either, nor the memory wire at the top of your ears..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back