Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #8,386 of 9,690
Nov 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #8,387 of 9,690
It's weird how some people dont have any fit issues, then some have a ton of issues. makes me wonder how UE came up with the design. i personally never had any issues with fit, thankfully...when i had them i came to the conclusion they were one of the best IEM'S in the 100-200 dollars range...but of course over time price has been driven up and up.

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #8,388 of 9,690
It's strange actually. The first time around wearing it normally gave me fit issues and hurt part of my ear after 10 minutes or so. It doesn't this time around so I guess maybe I was wearing it wrong before. Also I wish they came with a better cable. If they used the cables they have for their customs (pre 2010 that is) but with the TF10 pins that would have gone much better imo but I guess since they are discontinued it doesn't matter anymore.

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #8,389 of 9,690
Maybe not so strange. When I 1st got my TF10's 5-6 months ago I tried every tip, flipped and not flipped, trying to find the most comfortable and best sounding way to wear them. Even reversed a pair of comply tips and also cut a pair down. (For me, flipped with medium silicone tips has gotten me exceptional results! But more on this later). The end result of all this experimentation was that my left ear canal got a little tender, I imagine from all the friction. After some time passed the pain subsided and I wear them for hours every day with no problems! All that said, the Tf10's can be very problematic for people with small ear canals. This past week I got new HPL cables for them (fantastic!) and decided to give the large silicone tips another try (the last time I tried them they hurt my ear). Now that my ears aren't tender any more using them isn't a problem. End result was a profound increase in bass response as the larger tips provide a much tighter seal, I'm a happy boy!!

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #8,391 of 9,690
After using customs for the majority of the last few years the tf10 sticking out doesn't bother me one bit. I'm glad I gave these a second try and I do see these as a good buy for under 200 or so. I'm not sure I would pay more than that.

I think I'll get a better cable for these. I'm thinking of buying from plus sound audio or customart but not sure yet.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #8,392 of 9,690
Where are all the currently sold TF10's coming from?  I thought they stopped production about a year ago when the UE900 was released?

Does it seem logical there is still ample stock around a year later?

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #8,394 of 9,690
  Where are all the currently sold TF10's coming from?  I thought they stopped production about a year ago when the UE900 was released?

Does it seem logical there is still ample stock around a year later?

Probably someone found a box of them stored somewhere.

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #8,395 of 9,690
  It's strange actually. The first time around wearing it normally gave me fit issues and hurt part of my ear after 10 minutes or so. It doesn't this time around

You meant the new pair that you bought lately or talking about the first pair, you had issues, but not this new one?

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #8,396 of 9,690
That's weird, UE never did change the shell design or shape. I guess it could be because your nose and ears continue to grow as you age even after everything else has stopped, I wonder if that includes your lug holes and maybe why your fit issues are less problematic 2nd time around.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8,397 of 9,690
You meant the new pair that you bought lately or talking about the first pair, you had issues, but not this new one?

I'm talking about my first pair. It was 2 or 3 years ago however so things could have changed. My ears certainly could have changed get a bit and they definitely got used to deeper fit earphones as I was coming from the Hifiman re0 back then. However that doesn't matter too much and just found it strange.

On another note I think I'm going to get a tf10 cable from headphone lounge in the next week or so. It looks like they have made a lot of improvements since I last bought from them a few years ago.

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,398 of 9,690
I joined hear a few days ago for information on some full size headphones I have.

Well, I noticed this thread and had to reply. I got into UE's years ago with some SuperFI's (can't remember which, though I still have them) and was blown away by them.

Replaced them a couple of years ago with so Triple Fi 10's and was blown away again.(Coupled with a Cowon J3)

Circumstances changed and I haven't used them for ages but seeing this thread I will dig them out again tomorrow and have a session with them - both with the Cowon and a headphone amp.

Compared to the full size headphones they might not be as accurate or as spacial but I bet the bass will be awesome. That's what I remember about them - the first song I played with them was AC/DC - Back in Black and my jaw hit the floor...

Dammit, not sure I can wait - I'll dig them out now.............
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back