Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB vs UE Super.fi 5 Pro?
Sep 28, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 36
Could someone with both the Pro's and EB's please just quickly confirm ( as I believe ) that the size/shape/fit etc etc is the same??

Many people criticise the UE's for "fit" - being comparatively large & a bit "unwieldy"! I have the pros ( and did the "flip side" switch of cables) - with a small tip the fit is ok for me. But would like to know if the EB is physically the same as 5Pro?? Thanks.

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 36
I'll bring up this thread again with some questions.

I have sennheiser CX300 (On Archos 5 with Fiio e5) atm and i'm about to buy UE sf5p or UE sf5EB.

I listen to any kind of music and I like much bass when i listen to house etc.

Which of them would be best for me?

thanks

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #20 of 36
Does anyone have pictures of how the super.fi EB look when worn? I have read many comments about how they make you look like the creature of Frankenstein (with the nails sticking out of its ears and such).

I have found a deal to buy them and want some bass, especially since I am coming from the perspective of the Etymotic ER6.

Edit: Nevermind I found some pics.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 36
Quite frankly, both IEMs are not worth getting. Superfi 5 EB is a basshead IEM and there's far superior basshead IEMs out there like the Atrio M5 and Denon C751. The Superfi 5 Pro on the other hand has less bass but doesn't have exceptional clarity and comes off as being overpriced. Both are difficult to get a good fit with and are on the uncomfortable side. If you must get an Ultimate Ear, get the Triplefi 10 and ignore those junks. And if the Image X10 sales is still going on you should go for those instead.

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 36
I have been trying to find a deal on Atrio M5 so they can get into my price range but the Denon's are out of price range for sure, even with a deal.

I assume Triplefi 10's are way out of my price range.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #23 of 36
nevermind.

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #24 of 36
I enjoy my EB's, the people who complain they look funny are a little silly.

As for comfort, I picked up some tips from Comply and they have a much more comfortable feel now.
atsmile.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have pictures of how the super.fi EB look when worn? I have read many comments about how they make you look like the creature of Frankenstein (with the nails sticking out of its ears and such).

I have found a deal to buy them and want some bass, especially since I am coming from the perspective of the Etymotic ER6.

Edit: Nevermind I found some pics.

Where did you find the pics, I am seriously contemplating purchasing these and am only put off by people saying how much they stick out. I cannot find any pics of the EB's being worn.

A link will be much appreciated...

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 36
EB has too much muddy bass imo

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #27 of 36
the bride of frankenstein pics are on earphonesolutions.com

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #28 of 36
The super fi 5 pros are very good... they could use a little more bass on the bottom end, but they are certainly quality phones. The EBs are a bad buy because they are overpriced for what you are getting-- many low priced phones can do the overemphasized bass thing. IMO the atrios and x10s are also WAY overpriced for what they do. Just buy some sony dynamic driver phones or V Moda Vibes for less than half the price or Q-Jays. Don't waste your money... or you could always get Westone 3s or UE-11s
biggrin.gif
Oh, and if you want --adjustable-- bass (though still might be too bassy), try the Sennheiser IE8s or Sleek SA6s.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by callanish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, that's what I call an excellent reply to the thread question!

X2

and theres also the Sf5 Version 2 now..not many talk of it..i heard its better than SF5 Pro even though its cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back