Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal
Jun 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #16 of 66
Can it be bought through our local AK dealers or only through UE?

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #18 of 66
Bummer, I got my UERM just like a month ago (hell yeah, they're freaky awesome set of ciems).  The AK240/UERM deal looks really good.  If I've known, could just have waited out a little bit and grab this deal.    

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #19 of 66
I don't think I can afford this but looks like a good deal ! 

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #20 of 66
Wow!  These are some GREAT deals! 
smile.gif
  I would highly advise any and all interested in the UERM to jump on one of those deals.

In case anyone is curious about how the UERM fares with the AK240 or the AK120, it features prominently in our AK240 review here.  Given the neutral signature of both the AK240 and UERM, they pair fantastically well together, offering up some of the best synergy I've heard to date in any rig anywhere.  Paired with the AK120, the UERM's slight warmth tranlates the AK120's sound into a wonderfully sweet and musical experience.

For even more Astell&Kern + UERM impressions - including AK100II+UERM and AK120II+UERM impressions - I just posted a little shootout of those DAPs here.

As for the UE18, I've only tried a universal demo with my AK120.  Good, solid low-end with much gravitas and an abundance of detail.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #23 of 66
Could you clarify the UE-RM as their are two on the website.  Am I correct the UE-RM referenced is the vocal reference monitors versus the personal reference monitors since the UE-RM is a lower price than for the UE-18?

Did you by chance get my PM from back on April 6th?

Just to clarify, MikeDias is right, but I think you might have missed these reference monitors on their webpage.

There are actually three 'reference' monitors.

The personal reference monitors, their top model that you tune yourself.

The vocal reference monitor, this you mentioned and is specifically designed for singers and accurate reproduction of their vocals.

The third is the one on sale here, the custom reference monitor which as Mike Dias says was designed with capitol studios for 'sound engineering' on the go. Aka, almost perfectly flat.

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 66
Hey there. If you look closely at all of our UE cables, there is no Y joint so left and right are always separate until the jack. Now that there are more players on the market that have balanced output jacks, we'll be releasing multiple versions for the community. But for now, the only way to get the balanced cable is through the special.

One more thing for cases like yours. If you already have a UE and AK combo, here's all that you have to do. Get a friend to sign up for the bundle and we'll send you a surprise thank you gift. Wink. Wink. Make the introductions to me at mdias@logitech.com and I'll take care of the rest. Talk about simple. You take care of your friends. We take care of you. Everyone wins.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #29 of 66
Question...is this the AK120 v1 or the AK120II?

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #30 of 66
Question...is this the AK120 v1 or the AK120II?

I think it's the original AK120... which I actually prefer to the AK120II, even though the AK120II shares the same basic signature as the AK240, which I adore.  Yeah, I'm weird that way. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back