UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Apr 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #305 of 1,381
More and more good news for the event!

I just wanted to say thanks to Andy for pointing me in the direction of Mullard Magic (http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk).  I've recently been in touch with Steve, who runs the site, to get advice about valves for my headphone amp.  He's been extremely helpful and informative, explaining a number of things that were confusing me, and ultimately recommending a much cheaper upgrade option than I had been looking at.  He's saved me £60 and everything about my headphone amp has been improved: no more static, better soundstage and a much more detailed sound and involving listening experience.

AFAIK he's going to be attending the event, and he's happy to provide advice regardless of whether or not you want to shop with him.  So far I've had personal (email) contact with two of the sponsors (Justin from Just Audio being the other) and they have been extremely helpful.  Customer service is so often neglected today so it's such a pleasure to be able to support people in the industry who value the quality of their service as well as their products.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #306 of 1,381
Raffle update...

Wow, where do I begin, well no doubt you've heard of the O2 amplifier garnering rave reviews on Head-Fi despite it's modest cost, but did you know that Epiphany Acoustics - http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/ - manufacture a version of it called the EHP-O2.

Epiphany Acoustics are a small company very much in the finest tradition of British audio manufacturing, as they produce great sounding gear at very inexpensive prices. Do peruse their website and familiarise yourself with this interesting outfit.

Oliver from Epiphany Acoustics has very generously donated the following kit to the raffle - 

One EHP-O2
One EHP-O2D
Two pairs of 1 metre Atratus interconnects

Comprehensive product information for these items can be found on the Epiphany website.

Cheers,

Andy.   

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #307 of 1,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One EHP-O2
One EHP-O2D
Two pairs of 1 metre Atratus interconnects

These are something to get excited about everyone! I have the EHP-O2 and had the Atratus. They are some top quality products and you can check my reviews of them in my signature!

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #310 of 1,381
Stay tuned guys as there will be another raffle prize announcement tomorrow and the day after.

Cheers,

Andy.

beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #313 of 1,381
Right then time for another raffle update... 

An anonymous donor - no kidding - has very kindly donated an as new Arcam rPAC to our raffle when he learned that all proceeds go to charity. The rPAC is a diminutive USB DAC/Headphone Amp that packs some serious technology into a small footprint. Most importantly it sounds astonishingly good!

Product specifications on the Arcam website - http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,solo,DACs,rPAC.htm

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. Headphones raffle prize update tomorrow. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #314 of 1,381

Quote:

P.S. Headphones update tomorrow. 

Just thought id mention my Sennheiser HD580s now have HD600 grilles and a HD650 cable so you might want to put it on the list!

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #315 of 1,381
Swimsonny,

I'm curious why you changed your headphone grilles and replaced a stock cable with ostensibly the same thing, isn't this replacing like for like? 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

Just thought id mention my Sennheiser HD580s now have HD600 grilles and a HD650 cable so you might want to put it on the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back