UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Mar 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #16 of 1,381
Guys,

A meet regular has suggested having an `audio mart' where attendees can sell/exchange equipment that they no longer use. What do you guys think of this idea? I like the suggestion with the proviso that the mart area is small and does not impinge on the listening area. 

Comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 1,381

Quote:

I'll bring my Pioneer SX-1980 receiver or my Marantz 2385, plus HE-6, T1 and LCD2r1.

I've been eyeing the LCD3, but I'm not the gambling type. Hopefully by summer it will be worth a punt.

Nice, always good to have some vintage in the mix. If the uk Audeze distributer comes along to this meet like he did the last one hopefully we'll get the opportunity to hear the LCD 3.

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #19 of 1,381
OK guys,

So I've been busy beavering and soliciting equipment loans from various companies. 

Thus far, I have secured the use of an EarSonics 911 AMP and a Furutech ADL Cruise amp/dac.

Next stop dCS...

popcorn.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #20 of 1,381
Hi

I'm definitely interested, as long as a newbie such as myself is welcome....!

I might be tempted to bring some kit but I don't know what I'll have by September because I am only just getting into this whole malarkey!

Cheers, Julian

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #21 of 1,381
Things become more interesting...

We have an AKG 550 to try... NICE!

beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 1,381
Hi Julian,

We were all newbies at some point so please don't be deterred, as we're a really friendly bunch and this meet will be a fantastic opportunity for you to audition loads of gear and chat to fellow enthusiasts in a relaxed environment.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 1,381
Guys,

I'll start compiling an equipment list on Sunday afternoon detailing who is bringing what to the meet. Hopefully this will mean that we don't get too much duplication of gear - although obviously bring your favourite cans even if there are 57 pairs of LCD-2 at the meet. 
beyersmile.png

I'll bring my Altmann Tera-Player DAP which caused a lot of debate here about the price/features ratio - so controversial stuff!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #25 of 1,381
Definitely interested but I won''t find out out if I am free this weekend until the end of the month. Hope I can make it. Thanks for organising it anyway. 
More than happy to bring my equipments if I can organise a lift from London.

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #26 of 1,381
Guys,

We have another interesting DAC/HPA for the meet. Resonessence Labs make the Invicta DAC and we'll have one to audition.

Apparently Sennheiser rate the headphone section of this DAC/HPA very highly and used it to showcase their HD700 at the Munich Hi-Fi show.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #27 of 1,381
And the equipment list rolls on...

A mate of mine has agreed to lend me his Woo Audio WA6 for the meet with additional tubes for rolling... NICE!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #28 of 1,381
Very good of you to be organising this Andy, I really hope I can make it. I'm not sure what I'll be doing in terms of uni by then yet but if I can make it, I'll bring my re-cabled, modded and woodied Denon AH-D2000s, fed by an E7's DAC section and Little Dot Mk III (with a few different tubes for rolling).

Cheers

Julian

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #29 of 1,381
So...

All you UK perusers that haven't contributed to this thread yet, the more expressions of interest that we get to attend the meet, the greater our leverage with distributors/resellers.

The more of you sign up to attend, the greater the likelihood of making it a free event with superb raffle prizes.

So don't be shy, say hello or whatever else you'd like to make public.

Cheers,

Andy  

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #30 of 1,381
One thing I would add is that I only stumbled (much to my delight!) on the thread by accident. I don't know if the thread can be 'advertised' on the homepage but I think that would stoke up a lot more interest from fellow British head-fiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back