TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #481 of 1,206
Great review as usual, nice one! I am going to pass on the T2 which frees up funs for the Duoza :wink: (maybe haha)

There will be no "maybe" once he beats you over the head mercilously with his douza review lol

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #483 of 1,206
Once you get your S-018 in the mail, you won't even want for the DuoZA.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #484 of 1,206
Jan 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #485 of 1,206
dt880smile.png
Quote:

Outstanding review, twister6, much appreciated. Some have found your review to be a basis for not ordering TTPOD T2 but I actually am encouraged as wouldn't expect all attributes to be top of scale at $90. Your closing line that "you will not find another 3-way hybrid IEM at a better price" has me looking forward to giving this piece of kit a spin, as it's always fun to play with shiny new toys that don't suck without having to take out a second mortgage.
beyersmile.png

Thanks again for a stellar review, well-written and informative.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #487 of 1,206

Excellent review ..good job ....:wink:

Great review as usual, nice one! I am going to pass on the T2 which frees up funs for the Duoza :wink: (maybe haha)

You sure about that.....can you resist that colour and cable ..haha

There will be no "maybe" once he beats you over the head mercilously with his douza review lol

Yeah that too....so many new stuff to pick from ...:cool:

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #488 of 1,206

Thank you twister. I love your reviews . Very excellent, neutral, and detailed review. I think I know what to expect from these now.

Thanks twister. This was an awesome review. One of your best. You also saved me $90.00, because your description of the T2 sounds eerily familiar with another budget hybrid that got a lot of pregame hype, but failed to live up to the anticipation (the Astrotec AX-35). Both were smooth, lacked detail retrieval, and had average soundstage, which in my opinion was its downfall. I think people wanted a budget hybrid that had punchy bass, but with the glorious details you get from a BA. When you fail to deliver on those two basic qualities, then you have failed to deliver the quintessential "budget hybrid King" everyone is waiting for. My hopes now fall with the T2 pro, which with the highs controlled a bit (it can happen with a TWFK knowles, because Ultimate Ears did it with the UE 700), and some decent punch in the bass area, will probably be closer to what us headfi aficionados dream to get from a budget hybrid?

I don't think these guys beat the Modded S-018, which is a little disappointing considering how many drivers these guys has .... The uncomfortable and bulky look similar to IM70....considering that I put my IM70 away already.

There may be mods for the T2, but I doubt it can improve much. The way it look from the picture.

Filters are either plastic, or aluminum, look quiet thick. Both of those material are good as acoustic dampener too. I think if you remove it, you will have much more trebles and details....may even have sibilant due to how close the BA are to the output. This will also open up the bass more for sub bass. Probably custom your own filter with fabrics that can absorb more highs and thin enough to pass the bass and sub bass without reducing quality.

Vent the 1st vent at the BA drivers a bit bigger, this will keep the trebles and high down a bit. Close the 2nd vent from Dynamic driver to achieve more bass....

Well, my wild guess...and some fun ideas with logics. But I think I am gonna skip the T2, and return it to Amazon. Save my bucks, and wait for something else.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #489 of 1,206
Thanks to everybody for a positive feedback.  Please bear in mind, this is just an opinion of one, a single data point :wink:  So let's wait for more impressions to roll in from those who already ordered T2 and waiting to receive it now.  Just want to be clear, in my opinion T2 punches above veiled mids of A35 and bloatty lows of DGS100.  Also, theoretically A83 and Altone200 is not necessary an upgrade because some will find crispy bright/analytical nature of their BA driver tuning harsher to their ears (matter of a personal opinion as well).  I think T2 was an excellent first attempt with a hybrid design, and it shouldn't be dismissed.  But I'm also looking forward to see what T2 Pro is going to bring to the table. I'm almost eager to say, they should have released T2 with a higher quality BAs, and than introduce T2 Pro with an enhanced bass and maybe slightly v-shaped sig, but will see if/when I get a chance to review T2 Pro.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #491 of 1,206
  Thanks to everybody for a positive feedback.  Please bear in mind, this is just an opinion of one, a single data point :wink:  So let's wait for more impressions to roll in from those who already ordered T2 and waiting to receive it now.  Just want to be clear, in my opinion T2 punches above veiled mids of A35 and bloatty lows of DGS100.  Also, theoretically A83 and Altone200 is not necessary an upgrade because some will find crispy bright/analytical nature of their BA driver tuning harsher to their ears (matter of a personal opinion as well).  I think T2 was an excellent first attempt with a hybrid design, and it shouldn't be dismissed.  But I'm also looking forward to see what T2 Pro is going to bring to the table. I'm almost eager to say, they should have released T2 with a higher quality BAs, and than introduce T2 Pro with an enhanced bass and maybe slightly v-shaped sig, but will see if/when I get a chance to review T2 Pro.

i till will try to get the T2 pro, but for now i am just waiting for T2.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #492 of 1,206

Eventhough a83 and altone 200 are not considered an upgrade....their price will be 2-3x more hehe...i am still not convinced that these can touch them that close. The point for a hybrid is to have the dynamic driver natures combined with BA natures.

1/ bass extensions, rumbling, punches are dynamic drivers
2/ clear, sparkling highs, seperated mids and details, are BA natures due to their speeds

T2 Shot #2 down, but did not do a good job at #1, which clear out the point of being a hybrid. Instead of that huge Dynamic, they could have gone with another bigger BA for low frequencies, and it would be better in both Sound quality, and portability. Being hybrid is good for the hype though, beside that..T2 is being rushed out to the market. My personal opinion.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #493 of 1,206
and please do compare the DuoZa with T2 when you review it.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #494 of 1,206
  and please do compare the DuoZa with T2 when you review it.

DuoZA is in a league of $200-$300 dual driver stars, such as CKR9/CKR10/FX850.  Absolutely has nothing to do with T2.  I will send you PM with comparison when ready :wink:

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #495 of 1,206
DuoZA is in a league of $200-$300 dual driver stars, such as CKR9/CKR10/FX850.  Absolutely has nothing to do with T2.  I will send you PM with comparison when ready :wink:

Now..this is a huge point...while duoza can compete with 200-300$ guys in the same category for below 100... It is a success

Where as the T2 cant compete to other hybrids at 200-300$ that is .. Fail...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back