Tripowin TC-01Universal IEM $49.00
Jan 2, 2021 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
https://www.linsoul.com/products/tripowin-tc-01

Review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tripowin-tc-01.24878/reviews#item-review-25056

Humbly didn't see a thread on this critter, so I thought I'd start one. First impressions are fantastic. Like a BLON BL-01 yet with much of the corrections you wanted, including more mid-centric and a way bigger soundstage. Using the Sony 1A with DUNU Blue L tips. Using a SPC cable in 4.4mm with MrWalkman’s DMP-Z1 emulation aftermarket firmware MK2. Review to come in a few.

second page.jpg

starter .jpg

TC-01.jpg

front page.jpg

Cheers!

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Model Tripowin TC-01
Sensitivity 104dB SPL/mW
Frequency range 20Hz-20KHz
Impedance 16ohm
Noise isolation 26dB
Cable length 1.2m
Plug 3.5mm
Connector 0.78mm-2Pin

10mm DD Silicon coated on Polyurethane

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 117
2F79764E-B9DD-4F80-8246-B194AAC8F3E9.png

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 117
Comparison with Starfield or T2+ ?

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 117
Comparison with Starfield or T2+ ?

That would be interesting being the Starfield is over 2X the price. But the T2+ is priced the same at $53.99.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 117
I'm definitely intereted in reading impressions of of the TC-01s.

For context I recently put in an order for Tanchjim Oxygens and will be comparing them with my Blon Bl-03 & Blon Bl-01. I've previously owned the Dita Dreams (midrange too recessed) and currently own the Dunu Lunas, but will be putting those up for sale as they don't have the sub bass impact I need.

However my recent purchase of Thieaudio Legacy 4 has reaffirmed that I'm definitely a "single DD guy" as the lack of coherence from multiple drivers simply isn't worth the gains in detail retrieval to my ears. Mind you that's predicated on the belief modern DAPs lack the amplification necessary to elevate single DD earphones to higher levels than their BA counterparts, rendering the addition of a portable or desktop amp essential to get the most out of them.

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 117
I'm definitely intereted in reading impressions of of the TC-01s.

For context I recently put in an order for Tanchjim Oxygens and will be comparing them with my Blon Bl-03 & Blon Bl-01. I've previously owned the Dita Dreams (midrange too recessed) and currently own the Dunu Lunas, but will be putting those up for sale as they don't have the sub bass impact I need.

However my recent purchase of Thieaudio Legacy 4 has reaffirmed that I'm definitely a "single DD guy" as the lack of coherence from multiple drivers simply isn't worth the gains in detail retrieval to my ears. Mind you that's predicated on the belief modern DAPs lack the amplification necessary to elevate single DD earphones to higher levels than their BA counterparts, rendering the addition of a portable or desktop amp essential to get the most out of them.
both both .jpg

Funny how you bring up the two IEMs I have been concentrating on the last few weeks.........the Thieaudio L4 and BL-01? Also showing interest in the TC-01is a complete no-brainer after being fascinated with the BLON BL-01. But seriously..........make no mistake the BL-01 and TC-01 are totally different animals in the end. As follow-up to the L4 review I just did............I spent long-multiple-days just putting-in hours of listening with the L4. Why?..............of course due to loving it. And while the L4 IS missing the slight bit of over-all "BIG-SIZE" in direct comparison to the TC-01, I'm still very satisfied with how the L4 does genres like rock showing the detail and lifting up the small special embellishments, that stuff like the BL-01 or the TC-01 leave out and ignore. :)

Though keep in mind I fail to notice the Thieaudio Legacy 4 multi-driver non-cohesion you speak of? I am fully non-aware of it in the IER-Z1R where it becomes an issue for some, so maybe it's just not part of my perception? Yet the IER-Z1R never seems to be arrested for non-coherence issues by the technicality police here on Head-Fi?

What I have found so far is the TC-01 comes off way faster than the BL-01, probably due to the missing lower midrange and missing middle bass. What we are left with is super fast edge bass Transient Response. So for me the TC-01 so far is a total improvement over the BLON BL-01 and that's not even going up into the more evolved and complete midrange and treble. Lets face it the BLON BL-01 as lovable as it is is very cranky needing a bunch of work to get corrected. The BLON needs power where here the TC-01 runs on on anything and even shows a fantastic clean bass response from a phone. That's really what I see in my mind's eye..........people in cellphones stores playing EDM off their phone and having a emotional response to buy it at $49........without any thought!

Review up in a day or so (01-04-2021) where I will go into detail on these concepts.

Though from reading your post and knowing what I know about the Tripowin TC-01, I suggest you just get it! It seems right down your alley? I have not heard the DUNU LUNA, so I can't compare bass impact between the too. This bass is hard to explain as it's actually not the most impactful yet totally boosted like the it graphs out to be? I'm still trying to subjectively come up with ways to describe the bass, hence no review yet. So far the way I would describe the bass is sub-bass orientated with such clarity of tone that it may seem slightly tame..........(regular almost) with rock? Obviously a $49 IEM is not going to have the bass timbre and texture like the IER-Z1R, but as far as amazing, this is the best $49 bass I’ve heard. In comparison to the ultimate detail of something like the Thieaudio 8mm Legacy 4, there is a small place lacking detail and texture but at this price we find forgiveness. It’s just a very slight slowness that comes with 10mm drivers. IMO Due to the sub-bass emphasis we avoid much of the slowness and risk of lower midrange/mid-bass approaching the midrange.

Yet the enigma here is get it electronic music or EDM and this new depth starts to wake? I've actually never come across this style of response........even though you would think it would be a common thing. But due to what it does with electronic and EDM genres it makes this IEM very unique in my collection.....with bass listenability that makes you feel like you could listen to EDM for hours on end............you literally can't get enough EDM with the TC-01?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 117
sun in my eyes.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 117
both both .jpg

Funny how you bring up the two IEMs I have been concentrating on the last few weeks.........the Thieaudio L4 and BL-01? Also showing interest in the TC-01is a complete no-brainer after being fascinated with the BLON BL-01. But seriously..........make no mistake the BL-01 and TC-01 are totally different animals in the end. As follow-up to the L4 review I just did............I spent long-multiple-days just putting-in hours of listening with the L4. Why?..............of course due to loving it. And while the L4 IS missing the slight bit of over-all "BIG-SIZE" in direct comparison to the TC-01, I'm still very satisfied with how the L4 does genres like rock showing the detail and lifting up the small special embellishments, that stuff like the BL-01 or the TC-01 leave out and ignore. :)

Though keep in mind I fail to notice the Thieaudio Legacy 4 multi-driver non-cohesion you speak of? I am fully non-aware of it in the IER-Z1R where it becomes an issue for some, so maybe it's just not part of my perception? Yet the IER-Z1R never seems to be arrested for non-coherence issues by the technicality police here on Head-Fi?

What I have found so far is the TC-01 comes off way faster than the BL-01, probably due to the missing lower midrange and missing middle bass. What we are left with is super fast edge bass Transient Response. So for me the TC-01 so far is a total improvement over the BLON BL-01 and that's not even going up into the more evolved and complete midrange and treble. Lets face it the BLON BL-01 as lovable as it is is very cranky needing a bunch of work to get corrected. The BLON needs power where here the TC-01 runs on on anything and even shows a fantastic clean bass response from a phone. That's really what I see in my mind's eye..........people in cellphones stores playing EDM off their phone and having a emotional response to buy it at $49........without any thought!

Review up in a day or so (01-04-2021) where I will go into detail on these concepts.

Though from reading your post and knowing what I know about the Triptowin TC-01, I suggest you just get it! It seems right down your alley? I have not heard the LUNA so I can't compare bass impact between the too. This bass is hard to explain as it's actually not the most impactful yet totally boosted like the it graphs out to be? I'm still trying to subjectively come up with ways to describe the bass, hence no review yet. So far the way I would describe the bass is sub-bass orientated with such clarity of tone that it may seem slightly tame (regular almost) with rock? Yet the enigma here is get it electronic music or EDM and this new depth starts to wake? I've actually never come across this style of response even though you would think it would be a common thing. But due to what it does with electronic and EDM genres it makes this IEM very unique in my collection and has such a listenability with that genre that makes you feel like you could listen to EDM for hours on end............you literally can't get enough EDM with the TC-01?

Cheers!
I've found the BL-01 to be less shouty than the BL-03, with a grander soundtage, and a more refined tuning in which its easier to pick out individual instruments. They're less boomy and muddled, but the midrange is not quite as forward. They are also slightly more difficult to drive and the shells are a little larger. Properly amplified & sourced they deliver a shockingly high-end audio experience for so little money.

It isn't possible to introduce a crossover without losing fidelity because everything added to the signal path, even the world's best capacitors & resistors, effectively suck some of the life out of the recording. This is the case with all systems and coincidentally I also happen to be a fan of rull-range horn loaded speakers. Unfortunately everything in the world of audio is a tradeoff, so just as single-driver speakers will never deliver the frequency response multi-driver floorstanders can there is a certain "purity" to the sound that in my experience only comes from listening to a system with a single pair of transducers be they speakers or earphones. Its a kind of sonic directness that's difficult to put into words, usually its easier to listen to a system and know 'something' feels wrong without knowing exactly what that something is.

The Lunas are fantastic for what they are, it just so happens that what they are isn't what I need. They're very midrange centric and as I listen to a lot of electronic music sub bass is very important to me. What bass the Lunas have is of immaculate quality, unfortunately the drivers simply don't reproduce the very lowest sub frequencies so there is very little below 30hz. Being made of titanium they are remarkably small and light for a TOTL earphone however, even the BL-03s feel big and heavy by comparison.

If the Tanchjim Oxygens aren't to my taste I'll definitely consider trying the TC-01s. Its incredible how far Chi-Fi has come.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 117
I've found the BL-01 to be less shouty than the BL-03, with a grander soundtage, and a more refined tuning in which its easier to pick out individual instruments. They're less boomy and muddled, but the midrange is not quite as forward. They are also slightly more difficult to drive and the shells are a little larger. Properly amplified & sourced they deliver a shockingly high-end audio experience for so little money.

It isn't possible to introduce a crossover without losing fidelity because everything added to the signal path, even the world's best capacitors & resistors, effectively suck some of the life out of the recording. This is the case with all systems and coincidentally I also happen to be a fan of rull-range horn loaded speakers. Unfortunately everything in the world of audio is a tradeoff, so just as single-driver speakers will never deliver the frequency response multi-driver floorstanders can there is a certain "purity" to the sound that in my experience only comes from listening to a system with a single pair of transducers be they speakers or earphones. Its a kind of sonic directness that's difficult to put into words, usually its easier to listen to a system and know 'something' feels wrong without knowing exactly what that something is.

The Lunas are fantastic for what they are, it just so happens that what they are isn't what I need. They're very midrange centric and as I listen to a lot of electronic music sub bass is very important to me. What bass the Lunas have is of immaculate quality, unfortunately the drivers simply don't reproduce the very lowest sub frequencies so there is very little below 30hz. Being made of titanium they are remarkably small and light for a TOTL earphone however, even the BL-03s feel big and heavy by comparison.

If the Tanchjim Oxygens aren't to my taste I'll definitely consider trying the TC-01s. Its incredible how far Chi-Fi has come.

3C969355-741A-495F-AB24-A49D4F4E41F3.png

I’m totally with you on the effect of cross-over-less full range single point source drivers. I get the sound they do and singularity of response being a unique quality in the audio world. And yes we have that here with the TC-01. But seriously.........if you feel that way about the BL-01, you better just buy the TC-01 right now. It’s those things the BLON is doing right then adding a pail of pixie dust on top! The BLON magic is here yet 10 fold. Heads and tails above the BLON, though I kept thinking the BLON bass was just slightly more physical? Just order this, and thank me later. :)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 117
3C969355-741A-495F-AB24-A49D4F4E41F3.png

I’m totally with you on the effect of cross-over-less full range single point source drivers. I get the sound they do and singularity of response being a unique quality in the audio world. And yes we have that here with the TC-01. But seriously.........if you feel that way about the BL-01, you better just buy the TC-01 right now. It’s those things the BLON is doing right then adding a pale of pixie dust on top! The BLON magic is here yet 10 fold. Heads and tails above the BLON, though I kept thinking the BLON bass was just slightly more physical? Just order this, and thank me later. :)
Posts like this are why I should come to my senses and avoid Head-Fi completely! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness you make a compelling case and if I hadn't already given Linsoul a decent chunk of change recently I'd certainly bite. Then again for only $50 there really isn't much to lose, it is seriously tempting.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 117
Posts like this are why I should come to my senses and avoid Head-Fi completely! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness you make a compelling case and if I hadn't already given Linsoul a decent chunk of change recently I'd certainly bite. Then again for only $50 there really isn't much to lose, it is seriously tempting.

BLON BL-01
Needs power
Needs SPC cable after mental adaptations sends it darker in perception
Needs an afternoon of trying tips
Has naturally compressed midrange and treble

TC-01
Flea-powered
Perfect bass even from a phone
Expanded out midrange and treble clarity in comparison to BL-01
More detail all around
Better imaging and way bigger soundstage
No corrections needed
No extra cable needed
Over all better resolution

:) I’ll stop now and be on my way!

Keep in mind the TC-01 nozzle is borderline short just like the BL-01, though in general the TC-01 fits better. It doesn’t “nose-in” like the BL-01. The TC-01 gets great fit with the Triple Comfort Sony Tips.............tips I never use? It may be that Foam is the way to go with the TC-01?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 117
TC-01 preordered from Amazon to be shipped Jan 11th. I do have the Blon-01 for comparisons.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #13 of 117
TC-01 preordered from Amazon to be shipped Jan 11th. I do have the Blon-01 for comparisons.

Cheers! You will not be disappointed in any way.

163023E5-7EC3-42F0-BCA1-1890C5EC2BE7.png

iem side .jpg

on 1A.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #15 of 117
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back